LML Delete kit

Digmax

Jan 23, 2016
Uh what you've done to your truck is what every Joe blow does....... look at prostreeter 600 profile and you see who the real mechanic is but hey its gonna be alrite take a deep breath and rock on!

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
There are two things going on here. You either have a freak of a truck or you simply are not correct on your mileage. If you miss and that tuning netted the mileage you claim there would be many more guys getting the same results. If you could show the fuel ticket along with the mileage you went you may eliminate the "hate" you are speaking of. The DIC indicates nothing when it comes to actual mileage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prostreeter600

Street rodder
Jul 18, 2010
Dallas Tx
Nobody is hating , just having a little fun . Most all that own or have owned a Duramax know 28 MPG are just not achievable if it's in a truck . If it was in a light car that was more aerodynamic you may get there or better with proper gearing . Try calculating it by hand see what you get . 18--19 is about as good as it gets for the majority .

Alpinestarman1

Jul 12, 2016
Traverse city michigan
No I have calculated it I even said in town I get 17-18 with the stock gearing if I set the cruise and run down normal roads it avg out in the council at 26 and doing the calcs it runs at 28 at 75 cruise set on highway I can get about 20-22 depending on hills and traffic, and outside temp

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
You guys are all shit mechanics! I averaged 99 mpg from Cameron pass to ft collins Friday night, all while dodging deer and tailgating RV's. All done with a low fuel light on:roflmao:

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
I get 22 at 60 on 35's. Hand calculated. Around town no mater how I drive 12.7 to 13.6. I'd be pissed if I got 16 highway, even at 75 mine gets 18...

Oh I'm happy. I said I get 16-17 mixed driving. around town ect. 18-19 highway. I can't complain. it's only got 13k. it may get better soon.
when I fist got it. pulling my ranger boat, I got a whopping 11mpg. my lbz got 17. that pissed me off. so I changed a few things. my lbz had alot of shit I did to it, so it's not a fair comparison, but if it's over 16-17 average I'm good. I don't buy a truck for mileage tho, I buy it cause I like it. fits my needs, and wants. Wouldn't care if it got 10mph. I pull trailers everyday. mpg don't really matter to me. I just can't see how 22+, let alone 26-28mpg is happening.

trashygasman

Slowly but Surely
Dec 18, 2008
Washington, OK
No I have calculated it I even said in town I get 17-18 with the stock gearing if I set the cruise and run down normal roads it avg out in the council at 26 and doing the calcs it runs at 28 at 75 cruise set on highway I can get about 20-22 depending on hills and traffic, and outside temp

Once you tune the truck all those numbers on the DIC (fuel used, fuel mileage)mean nothing. When the ECM is recalibrated, it changes all the factory calibrations that are used to figure how much fuel is being used, which makes the fuel mileage read way more than actual. Back in the day when I had a Bully Dog and PPE tuners, they would read 4-6 mpg better than actual. With EFI, I'm usually 1-1.5mpg better than actual, but never the same.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Lol what a tool. Watch me go get 99mpg after I reset the DIC while coasting down a hill. I beleive 28 on the hwy more then I do 17-18 in town. Unless your in town is metropolitan area on the freeway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Oh I'm happy. I said I get 16-17 mixed driving. around town ect. 18-19 highway. I can't complain. it's only got 13k. it may get better soon.
when I fist got it. pulling my ranger boat, I got a whopping 11mpg. my lbz got 17. that pissed me off. so I changed a few things. my lbz had alot of shit I did to it, so it's not a fair comparison, but if it's over 16-17 average I'm good. I don't buy a truck for mileage tho, I buy it cause I like it. fits my needs, and wants. Wouldn't care if it got 10mph. I pull trailers everyday. mpg don't really matter to me. I just can't see how 22+, let alone 26-28mpg is happening.

Ahhh gotcha, plus it looks like your at elevation too. Mine really gets 21.7 the vast majority of the time at 65. That's an average to my fathers house 155 miles each way, and I hand calculated it twice bc I didn't believe it. My truck does have over 50k on it and is broken in nicely...:rofl:

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
Yeah i havnt taken it anywhere on a majority of 65mph or higher for most a tank yet. I assume on full highway driven tank I'd get around 20-20.5. idk. hopefully it gets alittle more once broke in a bit more.
if it doesn't. I'm good with 18-19. I am definitely starting to like these newer trucks.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Damn guys. I guess Im not the only one around here getting frustrated with the newbies, eh? :rofl:

To me, 28mpg is definitely unrealistic. But 17-18 in the city could be possible if you are really light on the throttle. Shoot, Id love to hit 18 overall anymore.

Alpinestarman1

Jul 12, 2016
Traverse city michigan
Lol what a tool. Watch me go get 99mpg after I reset the DIC while coasting down a hill. I beleive 28 on the hwy more then I do 17-18 in town. Unless your in town is metropolitan area on the freeway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Your an idiot I'm a tool really cool there guy your welcome to come on up and see for yourself duct tape mechanic