DEF dmax trucks

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
I see.
Well at least close it in across the top of the frame rails. Less hillbilly looking and a good place to throw a gear bag or tire chains, chock blocks, etc.:D

nothing that a tool box cant cover and through some polish SS plate to cover the rest..

BTW hows efi live doing for the engines?
i might wait for the '13 the get the full power LML vs the derated LGH

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
No EFI Live yet for the LML.
Not sure if they ever will.
H&S is the best option out there.

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
Adam,
I have a 2011 LML and I am completely happy with it bone stock. I get 10-11 with my11k toyhauler and 18-21 on highway empty. yeah if you drive alot of city and it is in regen then mileage sucks , I have not had that issue but once. I think some guys have short drives and never get out of regen, and some trucks probably have a factory tunning issue. Mine rocks!
Steve

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I run Quads 80 hp tune and love it. No smoke and smooth power. I still have all the smog crap on mine and it will stay there.

RobsDmax

Mar 19, 2012
Arthur, Ontario
I've had a LML for just about 2 years now and I really love it and it's bone stock. Get close to 14mpg pulling 12500 lbs running 65-70. It gets better mileage then my LB7 and LMM get. All my trucks are stock except my puller so I know they could all do better with tuning but it's like opening a can of worms to me. My buddy put an H and S with all the deletes of his and he said he picked up 1-2 mpg empty and loaded so it wouldn't take long to pay for it as long as you don't care about warranty.

says the guy who got a pretzeled drive shaft warrantied while sled pullin, haha:roflmao:

Iceman56

Jan 19, 2009
Madison, SD
I am very happy with my LML 35,000 miles on mine. For the mileage it is great for a stock truck, just took it on a 600 mile trip doing 55 to 70mph empty and got 21mpg wich surprised me that is th ebest I have gotten.

Pulling my 30ft enclosed trailer with 5 sleds in it doing 85 to 90mph all the way to the mountains it gets 10-12mpg that is good for those speeds

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Man I wish I could get an LML. Such nice trucks! Good luck Adam!

Side note... Do you contract under a shipping company or get your own hauls through websites like uship.com? How many miles are you doing a wk/mth/yr? Trailer yours?

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Adam,
I have a 2011 LML and I am completely happy with it bone stock. I get 10-11 with my11k toyhauler and 18-21 on highway empty. yeah if you drive alot of city and it is in regen then mileage sucks , I have not had that issue but once. I think some guys have short drives and never get out of regen, and some trucks probably have a factory tunning issue. Mine rocks!
Steve

I am very happy with my LML 35,000 miles on mine. For the mileage it is great for a stock truck, just took it on a 600 mile trip doing 55 to 70mph empty and got 21mpg wich surprised me that is th ebest I have gotten.

Pulling my 30ft enclosed trailer with 5 sleds in it doing 85 to 90mph all the way to the mountains it gets 10-12mpg that is good for those speeds

10-12mpg :(
these are two resent loads that resemble a 5'ver/toy hauler.
this one is 9000lb/15400 trailer weight got 10.5mpg haulling ass from cincinatti to cleveland for same day delivery
558240_4060739350414_2081910716_n.jpg

got 12mpg it weighed 10000/16400lb trailer went from northumberland PA to wakaruse IN
376787_4117017157324_291213356_n.jpg

the part that is depressing is i pull more weight have shorter legs (cruise is 2300-2500 rpm) and get either the same or better mpg than what you guy are claiming. the worst i have seen is 9mpg before i got the tuning worked out..
if the '12-'13 trucks are getting 10-11mpg pulling an aerodynamic brick of a toyhauler/5vers that weighs between 10-12k.

would i be wrong to think that the said trucks would be lucky to see double digit mpg with what im doing?:confused: FWIW my 6.5 avg 8.5mpg over the ~11,000mile it ran.

fuel in the parts i run range from 3.80-4.51 a gallon or .30 to .36 cents per mile at 12.5mpg avg.. thats ~50% of my overhead. calculate i run 1500-2200 miles loaded a week with maybe 300 miles of those are deadhead(empty trailer between loads)..trailer doesnt get dropped till im home and some times not even then..as you can see bobtail(just truck) mpg is basicly useless to me....loosing just 2mpg will increased my fuel cost 25%-50% of what it is currently and thats profits going out the exhaust pipe. :(

hope that makes sense.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Man I wish I could get an LML. Such nice trucks! Good luck Adam!

Side note... Do you contract under a shipping company or get your own hauls through websites like uship.com? How many miles are you doing a wk/mth/yr? Trailer yours?

1099 emploee. i own 100% of my equipment. i book loads with the brokers for the big trucks. i dont even mess with uship.com
did i answer your other question the the previous post?

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
10-4

Seems a propane or CNG or even w/m system could really prove beneficial for you, no? Ol dude w/ van & lbz truck (I'm totally drawing a blank on his name though -_- ) has increased his mileage substantially w/ his w/m kit. The w/m may be easiest to accommodate otr trucking though so you aren't running out of CNG or propane out in BFE and not able to fill up. I believe his oil analysese should that distilled water & boost juice methanol yielded the cleanest results but in a bind, you could use washer fluid or straight water or something.

CNG or propane may extend your diesel fuel mileage further than the w/m (Jeff/stingpuller logged 40-some odd diesel MPG w/ CNG setup during the Diesel Power Challenge IIRC) but availability may be an issue & I have to assume CNG and propane either one would cost more per gal (or lb or whatever unit it's sold as) than a w/m solution?

Just something for you to chew on a lil bit. ;)

Last edited:

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
10-4

Seems a propane or CNG or even w/m system could really prove beneficial for you, no? Ol dude w/ van & lbz truck (I'm totally drawing a blank on his name though -_- ) has increased his mileage substantially w/ his w/m kit. The w/m may be easiest to accommodate otr trucking though so you aren't running out of CNG or propane out in BFE and not able to fill up. I believe his oil analysese should that distilled water & boost juice methanol yielded the cleanest results but in a bind, you could use washer fluid or straight water or something.

CNG or propane may extend your diesel fuel mileage further than the w/m (Jeff/stingpuller logged 40-some odd diesel MPG w/ CNG setup during the Diesel Power Challenge IIRC) but availability may be an issue & I have to assume CNG and propane either one would cost more per gal (or lb or whatever unit it's sold as) than a w/m solution?

Just something for you to chew on a lil bit. ;)

lotsofsmiles????
remeber him saying something about tap water in a w/m system gave oil sample like he had a blown head gaskets.

it has crossed my mind. but havent crunched the numbers.. CNG refilling would be an issue.. i have seen CNG refilling stations at random flying j and pilots.. the biggest thing, that has to be considered is CNG is a fuel and so is menth.... timing i would think would change with a CNG/diesel mix and straight diesel for most efficency.

pilot list propane(CNG) for 2.99 most like per pound... avg diesel is avg 4.10g.. honestly i cant figure out how much CNG i would need to actually save money in a OTR setup.. then weight is another thing... and DOT location regs is another thing to look into as well

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Lotsofmiles (James) is who he's talking about, Adam. He hotshotted trailers with his CC/LB and has mucho info on how to get better mileage.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I ran W/M for awhile. Never went over 50% and always used distilled water. I definetly noticed a power and mileage improvement. And if you can get meth for free like I did it's even better!:D
If you get a good controller, it's definetly something to look into if your tuning options are limited like they are with the LML. And simple is better IMO as far as the controller goes. 2 stages both boost referenced is all you need. Just watch the egt's and adjust your mixture and nozzles to keep it in check.
I believe Mike L has a fix for the trans and the dead pedal feel and Quad and H&S have tuning for it. Throw one of those at it with the Mike L thingy he sells and some W/M and I think you would be quite happy with the truck and the mileage!

Last edited: