Danville Billet 72mm Group Buy???

Black Reaper 2007

Jan 19, 2010
Is anyone else interested in trying to see if Mark would be willing to get a group buy going on the Billet 72mm VGT to maybe cut us a little deal? :Charger:

AdaMax

Nov 26, 2010
Caldwell , Oh
I would love to but I don't think my bottom end would like it very much . ( thats either bottom end too the one the wife would chew on for me spending more money on the truck and also my rods ):roflmao:

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
The VGT 72 is not a "off the shelf" charger with a wheel ya know...
Mark has alot of work into each one, have you seen his work/results? I dont think he cuts corners, i wouldn't expect him to , or even ask for that matter to cut his profit margin, so he can work even harder makin the damn things to meet the time line/demand of a group buy?

@op & Mark
sorry to speak about something that does not pertain to me, but this kind of mentality offends me for the craftsmen/women standing behind the quality products they produce, sorry if i offended you Mark...op, i think cosco sells turbos?????

I too droll about the vgt72 just about every day. Now the block is gonna get built i actually have an engine that can handle it, i dont mind at all to pay full retail for that turbo

Im done

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
The VGT 72 is not a "off the shelf" charger with a wheel ya know...
Mark has alot of work into each one, have you seen his work/results? I dont think he cuts corners, i wouldn't expect him to , or even ask for that matter to cut his profit margin, so he can work even harder makin the damn things to meet the time line/demand of a group buy?

@op & Mark
sorry to speak about something that does not pertain to me, but this kind of mentality offends me for the craftsmen/women standing behind the quality products they produce, sorry if i offended you Mark...op, i think cosco sells turbos?????

I too droll about the vgt72 just about every day. Now the block is gonna get built i actually have an engine that can handle it, i dont mind at all to pay full retail for that turbo

Im done

Damn killer! Group buy shouldnt affect how the build builds his product if hes willing to partake in a group buy. Trent did this a long while back when his twin kits first came out. Worked out well

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Nothing wrong with trying to get a group buy together, I sell products myself if anyone wants to buy 10 or more I'll cut them a deal. CoCo Puff talks crap about pretty much anything that wasnt his idea, dont pay him any mind. Oh yeah it also gets his post count up.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Coco may I ask why you talk about your "stock block"? How exactly are you going to build your "stock block"? Last time I checked 99.99% of all duramax powered vehicles have stock blocks

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Jason, even if Mark wants to do a group buy you should pay the full price just to show them you mean business!

I will. For custom product, or small business products.
Just like when a vendor wants to give a price break just cuz im a member of some forum, i kindly say thanks but no thanks, and explain, when i built custom homes i had a vision for every one, where/how to orientate them on the lot, the landscaping, color, everything. I would have 100hrs into planning a build before i ever contacted the city for a building permit. When a home was all said and done, i would have 1000 hours into it, then of its not the builder wanting it done faster for the same money, its the home owner changing things after its been built, or changing the plan to cut a buck out of the cost of the build not realizing a few hundred bucks in material just cost the 2000 dollars at the architect. I spent alot of years getting beat up about the final cost of my work, i hated the fact that people wanted to pay me less or would even ask to pay me less after i bleed, sweat and worked way into the night for months to finish. Thats why i posted what i did.
To respond to you degenerates, as if you deserved it
i didnt throw a fit, please, i onlu stated my opinoin
I even apologized for it, there was no energy behind that post, only perspective, so there is no need for me to calm down
If anything y'all need to calm down
A group buy shouldnt affect quality no of course not. Why would you ask the guy to work harder for less, hes supposed to be our pal, forum member and all, why dont we give him the break, and actually pay what he asks for his product.
Watson, you are an idiot, i hardly ever "talk crap" at all, if anything i get crapped on at this site, as jeff foxworthy would say"heres your sign" wear it proudly friend, i dont give 2 shits about post count, and IIRC, you posted in the hate thread about me once already, your animosity toward me is unneeded, it shows in every post you make where i am involved in the thread! Maybe ill nick name you cling wrap, ya know the stuff you wrap food with, its clear and gets stuck on things, like you, i see through you and your stuck on something, idk what and i dont really care. Actually i dont like cling wrap for a nic name, i like "SIDEKICK" better, i'll be Holmes k? watson

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Coco may I ask why you talk about your "stock block"? How exactly are you going to build your "stock block"? Last time I checked 99.99% of all duramax powered vehicles have stock blocks

Really, are we gettin that nerdy here. Of course by "stock block" i mean the bottom end is stock, but i wouldnt call a bored over block stock anymore, or a block that has been hard blocked, so my block is stock in that respect, you guys are just gettin silly about shit now, or is it jealousy, i imagine there are some out there that really hate that my truck is coming along as fast as it is, sorry to all the haters but its not going to stop til im in the 10's. This site has been pretty beneficial to my build, until now, at this point there are so few that really have a clue as to what happens next its really difficult to get solid answers, most of you are still screwin around with supporting mods and cannot give me info i need, most of the time this site seems to be more about the argument then about the goal, i have noticed that from day one and put up with it cuz i needed to, now though to put it simply

YOU GUYS BORE ME WITH YOUR NIT PICKING OVER WORDS AND DESIRE TO BANTER

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
Got mine today :D

just waiting on its big brother now :woott:

Attachments

• 322609_2450053347575_841911880_o.jpg
    322609_2450053347575_841911880_o.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 74

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Mark builds awesome turbos, I wouldnt bother trying to short change him either but its worth a shot :thumb:

A good way to save money might be to pick up a used 4094 and have Mark build it into a 72mm...