LML Color matched and not happy!!!

SexyLML

Dec 9, 2011
All blk Bow tie will look better :thumb: Definetly a nice looking truck and will look even better with some BLK BMF Nova's or similar and tint..

I like your thinking! I want rockstars cause I like the star lol ben says everyone has them though

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

redneck191218

Jun 20, 2010
I just did some body work on my own truck at my shop we use the matrix paint system we put in the GM paint code for the regular epoxy white and it was way off spent 2 hours tinting and matching. The white is hard to get right because the slightest changes in pigment from batch to batch will show up even if you get the paint directly from gm it probably won't match perfect. Seems like your guy just didn't put in the extra time to get it right he just threw in a paint code and shot it. But, it seems like he is willing to make it right when a lot of shops are not willing to do.

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
It was much more than that. Paint runs under the clear, not all parts were clear coated, parts that were clear coated had drips of clear hanging off then and no prep was done before primer. The grille was already flaking after 3 days. Both bowties looked horrible. James (Chevy1925) got to see it first had on Sunday.

Talked to the painter today and he said they took it back down to bare plastic, sanded, primer, sanded, primer, sanded again then aplied the color. Wet sand and clear tomorrow and I will get the truck back late Monday or Tuesday morning. I will be personaly picking the truck up this time.

On the Droid X

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
It was much more than that. Paint runs under the clear, not all parts were clear coated, parts that were clear coated had drips of clear hanging off then and no prep was done before primer. The grille was already flaking after 3 days. Both bowties looked horrible. James (Chevy1925) got to see it first had on Sunday.

Talked to the painter today and he said they took it back down to bare plastic, sanded, primer, sanded, primer, sanded again then aplied the color. Wet sand and clear tomorrow and I will get the truck back late Monday or Tuesday morning. I will be personaly picking the truck up this time.

On the Droid X

Yeah, it was absolute crap. The shear lack of taping things off correctly or actually takin the hour to wet sand or just sand in general was completely missed. Ben is takin this way better than i would.

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
Just trying to keep my cool (as much as I can) until I get the truck back. I dont want to freak out and have him do something stupid in spite of me. I have faith that it will be right this time. God knows he's had enough time... Lol!

On the Droid X

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
Got the truck back... Its better than before but still lots of blemishes.

Looks like it will be getting re-done by myself! I'm done trusting other people.

On the Droid X

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
Welcome to the wonderful world of dealing with body shops. The "art" of body work is dead. Ask any old school guy who gave up because no one wants to pay for quality work anymore. Not saying you didn't want to pay but what you are going through is the norm anymore. Sorry to hear it. I am waiting on my truck at the body shop right now, he is only 3 weeks late. I feel ya.

JakeBrakeIH

Dec 24, 2010
Yaphank, NY
It is a pain in the tail to find someone decent that knows what your looking for. I lucked out and found a guy that works at a GMC dealer who does stuff on the side. I just picked up a set of tow mirrors for my friend, they look flawless. I had him color match my GMC emblem rather than black, he did it for free.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Got the truck back... Its better than before but still lots of blemishes.

Looks like it will be getting re-done by myself! I'm done trusting other people.

On the Droid X

Wow ben. If you need chads number let me know. Thats ****ed up for as long as hes had it

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
Yeah it definately sucks!

As far as paying for work, I go by the motto "you get what you pay for". However this person approached me about trading paint for a set of 37s I had. Seemed to work out perfect since I just got the new truck and wanted to color match it.

Checked him out and he seemed very legit! My mistake. From now on I will either do it myself so I know its right or go through a very well known painter such as the guy James knows.

Either way its not good that this guy is still in business and people are paying to have shotty work done. My only question is, have people been buying this guys crap for so long that he thinks its ok?

I know if I had a job to do and my customer wasnt happy I would bust my ass double time to make it right! Not drag my feet and still be trying to install wet parts 9 days later when the customer is there to pick up what was supposed to be done 4 days prior. Lesson learned...

The guys name is Mark Behlke just so you know who to stay away from! Mark's Body Shop & Restorations is the name of the shop.

On the Droid X

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
I'm an idiot! Even with a Google equipped smart phone I never thought to Google this ass hole. Turns out he has a record for being the worst painter in Phoenix!

I'm such a dumbass! Oh well, life goes on. The tires I traded him have holes in the sidewall anyways. Pretty much worth nothing to me.

On the Droid X

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
I'm gonna wait till this summer and repaint everything myself. All parts are getting media or walnut shell blasted to get them down to the plastic and start fresh. I already got a few nicks in the bumper and the paint around keeps flaking off. Its like it never stuck to the primer?.

The grille is gonna get painted white this time with black inserts and bowtie. Also gonna paint the center section of the bumper white.
I dont believe there is any way I can screw it up worse than the original painter.

DuraMaxxGirl

megan
Jan 3, 2012
adams tn
Idk I kinda like the bowtie like it is I'd keep the bowrie like it is to me it just will set all the black off with that little touch of white in the bowtie if your blacking out windows and running black wheels but just my opinion.

DuraMaxxGirl

megan
Jan 3, 2012
adams tn
Ohh also is it just chiping off white and can see primer or all the way back to plastic on bumper.... if you see plastic he probably didn't clean it prior to priming and also if you "shine" your plastic regularly then decide to paint somtime chipping can a happen I guess use of the waxy stuff in shine or armor all

rkhodges21

Jan 10, 2012
Hopkinsville,KY
I love it when the plastic matches the paint. I will be doing it once I get my tow mirrors. A friend of mine does a really good job painting. A lot of sanding is normally the key to making the job look good for the longest on the plastic molding. I hope yours comes out better the next go around.

Maricopaagent

Glamis Anyone?
Oct 10, 2011
Arizona
I'm gonna wait till this summer and repaint everything myself. All parts are getting media or walnut shell blasted to get them down to the plastic and start fresh. I already got a few nicks in the bumper and the paint around keeps flaking off. Its like it never stuck to the primer?.

The grille is gonna get painted white this time with black inserts and bowtie. Also gonna paint the center section of the bumper white.
I dont believe there is any way I can screw it up worse than the original painter.

Dont bother media blasting.. Go to a paint store and get aircraft stripper.. apply heavy and wrap in plastic bag for a bit.. Then spray off. clean with scotch brite and laquer thinner(a must).. Then prep as usual for paint..

wear gloves as the chit is bad for you..

I painted rhino's and plastics for years.. If you need more detail on prep, let me know.. :thumb: