LB7: clunking feeling

d-max joe

Feb 6, 2009
baltimore,md
everytime i take off from stop or some times brake it feels like the universal is bad and like clunks then moves. not a serious clunk but erritating..lol anyone have this problem. i thought it was the leaf springs.

racinmike77

Sep 14, 2008
MD
my truck does that, not sure what it is, feels like the leaf springs or slop in the driveline somewhere.

d-max joe

Feb 6, 2009
baltimore,md
yeah mine just started to do it you think it could be the bushings in the springs? i checked all the bolts today to see if they were tight, they were

racinmike77

Sep 14, 2008
MD
i honestly think its in the tcase or u joints but im not sure, hopefully someone else can help us out

Durasizzle

Oct 3, 2008
Stony Plain. Alberta
i think mine was a u-joint (it got replaced), it could also be the splines on the shaft that need to be lubed but my t-case was out of oil so that might have been part of the problem.

SonicAudio

Jan 25, 2009
Texas
the "clunk" is from the drive shaft no sliding. remove the shaft, clean it on the yoke sleave end and oil it and the problem will stop.

96dragshee

Nov 18, 2006
Mine has been doing it for awhile. Can't figure out what is causing it. My truck is 2wd drive cc,drw.

DIESELJEFF

CETANE ADDICT
May 23, 2008
HALF MOON BAY, CA
remove slip yoke from t case and clean and lube ALL splines. be generous with the lube/oil/grease or whatever you use. guaranteed to fix your problem. you may have to repeat this same procedure like every 10,000 miles or so. be careful when you put the yoke back into the t case.... sometimes it builds a tight seal and wont allow the yoke to go all the way back into the t case. work it in gently and you should be fine!!!

dieseldave01

supertrucker
Jun 3, 2008
Oxford OH
remove slip yoke from t case and clean and lube ALL splines. be generous with the lube/oil/grease or whatever you use. guaranteed to fix your problem. you may have to repeat this same procedure like every 10,000 miles or so. be careful when you put the yoke back into the t case.... sometimes it builds a tight seal and wont allow the yoke to go all the way back into the t case. work it in gently and you should be fine!!!

thanks ill try it

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
the "clunk" is from the drive shaft no sliding. remove the shaft, clean it on the yoke sleave end and oil it and the problem will stop.

I tried that, even put a new seal on as well...no luck. I am going to do u-joints next.

d-max joe

Feb 6, 2009
baltimore,md
well guys i cleaned it ,greased it up ,and put it back in...lol sounds dirty. but anyway it worked!!! i went around the block and nothing clunked...ill make sure tommaorw on way to work. thanks guys