LB7: clunking feeling

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
i had this issue, i think i still have it not sure, too busy paying attention to other noises.

but anyways i will be trying the greasing and then u joints, dealer said everything was fine when they looked at it awhile back.

maybe ill have them look at it again, getting another alignment tomorrow and having them source my new coolant leak because i give up.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I was just about to recommend Spicer u-joints, but it looks like you already got them. Hope that fixes your problem for good this time.

maxedout06

60tuodexam
Mar 16, 2009
Southern California
I had the same problem. dealer replaced the slip yoke with a new I believe, zinc coated part, there is a service bulletin regarding that issue, I think it might be listed on Diesel Place. Don't know if it's the same problem you're having but it was very annoying.

Last edited:

d-max joe

Feb 6, 2009
baltimore,md
WOW ! You're fast.. That's the one. It worked for me "Nickel plated" I knew it was plated with something:D

yeah i think that is my problem cause i greased it once and then it happen agian so ill see in a couple of days..but i am out of warrenty so would dealer still replace it? is it a recall?

maxedout06

60tuodexam
Mar 16, 2009
Southern California
yeah i think that is my problem cause i greased it once and then it happen agian so ill see in a couple of days..but i am out of warrenty so would dealer still replace it? is it a recall?

I don't know if it was a recall or just a service bulletin, I guess you'd have to ask the dealer or someone on here who is a service writer. Mine was still under warranty when they replaced it.

maxedout06

60tuodexam
Mar 16, 2009
Southern California
Not sure about the part number but this might help.

• Clunk, Bump or Squawk when Vehicle Comes to Complete Stop or Accelerating from Complete Stop or Accelerating from Complete Stop (Replace Rear Drive Shaft Nickel-Plated Slip Yoke) (Corporate Bulletin Number 01-04-17-004B or newer).

Last edited:

d-max joe

Feb 6, 2009
baltimore,md
Mine did it. I changed out the u-joints and greased the splines with mobil one synthetic. Fixed it.

i done greased mine twice now with diff grease both times and replaced both u-joints..so i have no other chioice to replace the yoke slip..soon as i find one to buy..:(

Last edited:

SonicAudio

Jan 25, 2009
Texas
My brother has a Z71 that had that as a issue kept re occurring after oiling so he was told 3 years ago to put a super ball in there ( the small one) he did and hasent had a issue yet, beats me as why it works it just did!