clattering noise..

dmaxn04

Mar 1, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS
Here is the stock tune I pulled off the truck.. Someone take a look at it and see if you can find anything wrong with it or if its even a stock tune, Im pretty sure it is.

Attachments

• Kayla J Stock ECM.tun
    630.2 KB · Views: 25

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
small changes but give it a shot......

Attachments

• Kayla J Stock ECM.tun
    630.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Dzlnut

Feb 27, 2008
Homedale Idaho
My Truck has the same operating system, I posted this so you can try it or compare.

Attachments

• Steves stock lly.tun
    624.8 KB · Views: 7

[email protected]

cmitchell17
Sep 8, 2008
I vote pilot injection turning off. On my truck it sounds really bad when the pilot turns off. At WOT you don't really even notice it becuase there is so much other noise.

dmaxn04

Mar 1, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS
I tried the changes to the stock tune.. HELPED ALOT, but it still does it a tiny bit. But def sounds WAY better.. Im going to try and put the FICM on and see what happens, because the truck is still setting a P1621 code, but it doesn't trip a check engine light??

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
If you need anymore help shoot me a pm, Im not that far from you guys. I know LLY's inside and out. Good luck.

dmaxn04

Mar 1, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS
Is it possible for a Single wire to be cut somewhere and trip the P1621 code but not trip the CEL? What wire/s would cause this code and not a CEL if it were cut, both under dash or under the hood?

Last edited:

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
did some more reading---

p1621 is usually an ecm fault. the code usually came up with bullydog and edge tuning on the fly i believe and they caused some sort of irreparable damage in the ecm. but other times would just pop up but could never be "fixed". nothing that caused the truck to not function as far as i can tell. but to get rid of the code you'll need a new ecm. or like in pm i may be able to get the code to be invisible.

Racehemi

Feb 4, 2008
Did the replacement engine come with the timing cover/crank/cam sensor assembly's installed or did your mechanic re-use the parts off your original engine?