Magnus

Jun 22, 2013
White Lightning 06 LBZ 2wd built Gmax w/1056
Stock LMM motor with stock lmm sticks/ LBZ ECM
Modded LMM cp3, PPE Race valve, ported rail fittings, Fass150
LML driverside manifold, Allseason's SuperHighflow 3" egr delete kit
Banks Technicooler, AFE 3" Hot pipe, DP 3" Downpipe, AEM CAI
DP B66x/4094va

So you had a stock motor back in white lightning? What's the B66x/4094va? A Borg wheel crammed in a 4094avnt? Or your triples with batmo 66s over a 4094?

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
So you had a stock motor back in white lightning? What's the B66x/4094va? A Borg wheel crammed in a 4094avnt? Or your triples with batmo 66s over a 4094?

Yeap, last time I had it at the drag strip I destroyed another convertor and trany so I pulled the built motor to use as a test mule on my engine dyno to test parts with. I put a junk yard LMM stock motor back in it to test two different things. I am running a new custom Billet 66mm wheel design I came up with and I put it in a 4094va and running as a single. My biggest tune dyno'd 660hp/1253ftlbs with this combo. Have to keep testing to be able to come out with the best parts combos for customers. My truck is always changing as it is the testbed/test mule for my turbos, keeps me always thinking...:thumb:

Xternal

Aug 31, 2012
Very nice results Mark. I think someone needs to ban me from this thread because it's got me even more anxious to finish my build and let the turbo testing commence .

Magnus

Jun 22, 2013
Very nice results Mark. I think someone needs to ban me from this thread because it's got me even more anxious to finish my build and let the turbo testing commence .

Me too man... I bought the truck to tow, so Mark's VGT experiments always pique my interest. Theres just something beautiful about those whistling stock replacement VGTs...

Xternal

Aug 31, 2012
I'm more along the lines of an s472 single right now but I guess it's like crack to heroin in comparison to stock - vgt or fixed vane :)

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Well you guys got me thinking about this so me and my oldest son decided to try this to see what mine does, lol! I did a flat foot stand still launch and it did 0-20psi in 2.549 sec. which I thought was pretty good for a bigger VGT and stock fueling on a stock motor. Specs are as follows:

White Lightning 06 LBZ 2wd built Gmax w/1056
Stock LMM motor with stock lmm sticks/ LBZ ECM
Modded LMM cp3, PPE Race valve, ported rail fittings, Fass150
LML driverside manifold, Allseason's SuperHighflow 3" egr delete kit
Banks Technicooler, AFE 3" Hot pipe, DP 3" Downpipe, AEM CAI
DP B66x/4094va VGT

Tuning was 26degrees @2153us max and makes 40psi max @1150-1250egts 550+hp and almost 100% smokefree!

Elevation is 875ft, 50Degrees AAT
3.42gears w-305/50R20

When I get a chance I'll write a tcm tune and give is a whirl at highway speed without a kick down.:thumb:

Very nice! I'll update the list. 2.5 is pretty quick

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
I thought so too since it will do a burnout at will anytime from a roll without even trying. I'll try to get a video of it on this tune so you can see. I'll try to get a better quality one than Mr. Holder's.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
I thought so too since it will do a burnout at will anytime from a roll without even trying. I'll try to get a video of it on this tune so you can see. I'll try to get a better quality one than Mr. Holder's.

You mean testing spool up by downshifting to 4000rpms? Or having your high school buddy giggle while you pass the camera back and forth catching blurry gauges? :roflmao:

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
PS-I'm going to change my tuning on my truck since I run it with 0% vane at idle. I'll try an 80% vane @idle to see if it changes the off idle spool up time. I got to thinking about it this weekend and think that it should be tried to see if it's a difference or not. Should be interesting to see...

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
PS-I'm going to change my tuning on my truck since I run it with 0% vane at idle. I'll try an 80% vane @idle to see if it changes the off idle spool up time. I got to thinking about it this weekend and think that it should be tried to see if it's a difference or not. Should be interesting to see...

I'm sure it will, JoshH did something similar on his stock turbo and hit a 1.8sec spool time from a stand still. Mind blowing!!!

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az

Ive always wondered that

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Just a bit of info from me but swapping from the 475 to the 480 I've noticed a little bit more lag over all as compared to before. It's not a huge difference and not one that would make me want the 475 back but the whole setup definitely spools just a bit slower. I'll see if I can get a log this week. Might swap to the same wheel Russ is running in his 480 if mark has any more.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
I'm sure it will, JoshH did something similar on his stock turbo and hit a 1.8sec spool time from a stand still. Mind blowing!!!

I did this with mine but haven't re-logged it but traction is a huge issue now. It will lite the tires like a gasser does so it just does burnouts, lol. This is where 4x4 would come in handy...Nah! It's too much fun. The difference in air density from a stock turbo to this turbo is the reason for a lot more power without the boost.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Where's the logs?? Focus guys!!! :happy2:

It's just another good reason to go out and give your truck hell. Don't act like You don't want to!

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
been busy playing with my sand car i picked up a couple weeks ago :D. plus i had this gay ass progressive snap shot thing in the truck. it almost got thrown out the window yesterday so its out and ill get a log today. problem is, heat is much higher than my previous logs so its really not gunna be a good comparison if there is a big difference in time

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
been busy playing with my sand car i picked up a couple weeks ago :D. plus i had this gay ass progressive snap shot thing in the truck. it almost got thrown out the window yesterday so its out and ill get a log today. problem is, heat is much higher than my previous logs so its really not gunna be a good comparison if there is a big difference in time

Can you log intake temp?

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Only what's prior to the turbos, not after like the lbz and up

Before the turbo is fine.

Josh and I played around on ours and in these tests and the difference in temp after the turbo is negligible. These short, low boost stabs were comparable on his stock turbo and my twins on temps at the y bridge.