Camo runs 11.09 at 121

MadMaxRacing

Jul 5, 2008
When I met him last year he had the dual fuelers and spray and was running a 500hp Crank it up Diesel sled pull tune written for a stock, single CP3 truck. At Pageland I gave him and his wife some quick pointers but mostly tried to convince him to start tuning on it. He has obviously since done ALOT of tuning on it (none of which I can take any credit for) which I'm sure Jeff has been helping him with.

Matt, it's always a pleasure to see you at events - truck is flat out amazing. Where are you racing next? Going to Scheid's?

Not to take any spotlight off of Matt but has anyone met or raced with Russell Hilton? AFAIK he has gone 10s on a stock motor, stock turbo ECSB LB7 with lots of spray, and it's still holding together last we talked to him.
No 10's for me yet,but I have matched camos time with an 11.09 @123.14 last year.That is not on stock sticks though as I have 40 over nozzles.Matt is truely the man on a stock engine !!!! I hope to stay with him....::hug::hug:

camomax

pushing the limits
Nov 5, 2008
Florida
No 10's for me yet,but I have matched camos time with an 11.09 @123.14 last year.That is not on stock sticks though as I have 40 over nozzles.Matt is truely the man on a stock engine !!!! I hope to stay with him....::hug::hug:

Russel, I sure hope to see you at a race soon. Maybe Georgia? By the way, still no 6's in the 1/8th. 7.06 was the best I could find.

Amazing absolutly amazing! How many 11 second passes do you have on that stock engine and who tunes it?? Congrats on your accomplishments!!

Steve, I just counted slips, 28 11.xx runs and 13 7.xx 1/8th mi runs since May 10th. Stingpuller (Jeff) has done most of my tuning and Malibu 795 (Adam) has helped out as well.

whats great is that his wife wont let him build the motor till it blows!!

matt bigger line now its only rods and pistons:D

Hey punk, she wont let me because SHE spent all my motor money on a new motorhome! Now I HAVE to blow it up!!!:D

Dustin, our next race will be Maryland, August 8th(NHRDA). We will be at the Scheid event.

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
Congrats Matt, I have a new kit sitting on the shelf with about an inch of dust on it, u guys are making me wanna dust it off!!

Last edited:

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Russel, I sure hope to see you at a race soon. Maybe Georgia? By the way, still no 6's in the 1/8th. 7.06 was the best I could find.

Steve, I just counted slips, 28 11.xx runs and 13 7.xx 1/8th mi runs since May 10th. Stingpuller (Jeff) has done most of my tuning and Malibu 795 (Adam) has helped out as well.

Hey punk, she wont let me because SHE spent all my motor money on a new motorhome! Now I HAVE to blow it up!!!:D

Dustin, our next race will be Maryland, August 8th(NHRDA). We will be at the Scheid event.

Matt I will see you guys at the MIR race.If it blows tell her you have to pull the motor from the motor home lol

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa

Wow thats alot of passes on the motor. You guys must have the tune dialed in really good for it to live that long as thats the only thing I can think of as why it lives and keeps living under that much power! Congrats again and hope to congrat you when you hit 10's!

Randy5.0

MAKE IT 3 YDS MF
Sep 7, 2008
I never would have thought these could go that fast with a stock engine and turbo. Absolutely amazing. Congrats

Roc8man

May 8, 2008
Congrats! Will you be here in Denver this weekend for the Diesels on the Mountain drags?

David

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
I'm sure glad someone didn't start a pool on when this motor would give it up cuz I would have been out of it long ago. It's really something, to think you'll hit 10's on a stock motor is truely an accomplishment that probably won't be duplicated. Congratulations!!!