LB7: Cam,relief advice needed

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
I am at somewhat of a crossroads with my build and after reading all the thread's and posts im more lost that when I started and need some advice from people that HAVE BUILT ENGINES.This is a triple 475/cp3 with 15.5 mahle casts and I have read a stock cam is good for about everything and to save my money for air/fuel but am not sure its right for this build.I'd like an a/fire but need to make a decision what cam is best suited so the appropriate reliefs can be cut while the builder has it.I know a proper build plan should have been done but this snowballed into what it is so I need professional / experienced opinions.Thanks

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
The biggest question is what is your power goals?
This is just a street toy,not a comp truck at all But want to roast the rubber at will.I don't really have a goal as this is just for fun.I don't want to not have reliefs and need them because I haven't chosen a cam.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
How do you know the specs of the different SoCal camshafts? I looked on their website and couldn't find that information.

That's a great question lol you'd have to have someone with one that can degree it. They don't tell there specs. Hamilton does, aswell as other companies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
.075-.080 reliefs are going in but
Still have no idea which cam should go in,I would like to spool the valley charger easyly incase i have to take it easy.but still have lots of mid to top pull.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Way back when when I had a built motor in my truck, I had a 6460 cam from SoCal (which has since been updated to a 6480), and I thought it drove really well and made good power. That's what I would recommend.

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
Way back when when I had a built motor in my truck, I had a 6460 cam from SoCal (which has since been updated to a 6480), and I thought it drove really well and made good power. That's what I would recommend.

Thanks.just what i was looking for and il keep a lookout for one.

baddaddition

Mar 10, 2013
Not to jump in place.... If he doesn't want the 6480 what's the going price. I'd be interested in it. Springs as well just cam?