built trans problems

dmaxbowtie

Duramax fiend
Jun 2, 2011
RI
ok so i have a dmax store trans kit in the truck, (ppe clutch pack kit, with ML converter) has been good for over a year. the other day i got into it and recieved an engine light. trans has no reverse, wont roll in neutral when running, and is tied up. pan looks clean and trim valve b moves freely in the valve body. is this an electrical problem that fryed my clutches? is it electrical problem that is energizing b solenoid when not needed? all of these codes came up and again after clearing them, they are mostly now gone except for ebcm performance and all wheel speed sensor codes? any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

p0700-tcm request for mil
p0777 solendoid b stuck on
p0101 maf performance
p0380 glow plug circuit a
u1000 class 2 data link
c0035 left front wheel sensor
c0040 right front wheel sensor
c0055 rear wheel sensors
c0550 ecu performance ebcm
b1440 power mode master input circuits mismatch
b2615 pass compartment dimming lights
b2938? (bad handwriting) security sensor
u1016 lost communication with engine sensor
and one for key in ignition circuit

dmaxbowtie

Duramax fiend
Jun 2, 2011
RI
Not yet, I wanted to get some better ideas on what to do, basically my choices are drop trans and tear into it to check for physical issues or maybe throw my extra b solenoid in with 2 new filters see what happens and try to scan with a tech 2 if it still has issues? I know the solenoid itself seldom has problems but all of these codes make me lean toward electrical issue right now

dmaxbowtie

Duramax fiend
Jun 2, 2011
RI
I'd like to also add that my rear main seal drips into bell housing (possibly engine speed sensor getting messed up?) but no code for it

dmaxbowtie

Duramax fiend
Jun 2, 2011
RI
Well the problem with that and probably the trans is I only see him when I look in the mirror ;p

onedirtymax

Feb 9, 2011
Sounds kind of like the problems I had with mine last week. Did pretty much the same thing. Pulled it and sent it to Suncoast and the C3's were gone. Only had 8k miles on it :mad:! My fluid was burnt though so thats how i could tell something was burnt up inside.

RoboF16

Dec 15, 2011
Sounds kind of like the problems I had with mine last week. Did pretty much the same thing. Pulled it and sent it to Suncoast and the C3's were gone. Only had 8k miles on it :mad:! My fluid was burnt though so thats how i could tell something was burnt up inside.
I'm very interested to know the circumstances, power level, how you drove it, etc. and what Suncoast finds when they tear it down.

dmaxbowtie

Duramax fiend
Jun 2, 2011
RI

Im going to put a new b solenoid in, two new filters and try to check what a tech 2 will tell me, only thing I've got to lose is a couple hours and a case of trans fluid... I hope my clutches are not toast but it is what I'm expecting

onedirtymax

Feb 9, 2011
I'm very interested to know the circumstances, power level, how you drove it, etc. and what Suncoast finds when they tear it down.

It had nothing bigger then a 150 horse tune on it for 7500 miles. I'm not rough on my truck. Downloaded the new tunes from Rob and everything was good for about a week. Took a buddy for a ride on my hot street tune which is about 150 horse pulled back in the drive way and it just stopped. Fluid smelled burnt. Talked to George at Suncoast and he thought the C3's were gone. They should have gotten it today and they are going to tear it down Monday and let me know. I will let you know what I find out.

DaveB

Sep 6, 2009
Northeast Indiana
It had nothing bigger then a 150 horse tune on it for 7500 miles. I'm not rough on my truck. Downloaded the new tunes from Rob and everything was good for about a week. Took a buddy for a ride on my hot street tune which is about 150 horse pulled back in the drive way and it just stopped. Fluid smelled burnt. Talked to George at Suncoast and he thought the C3's were gone. They should have gotten it today and they are going to tear it down Monday and let me know. I will let you know what I find out.

Please do I'm curious as well. From what you're saying there is no way it should have went out.

dmaxbowtie

Duramax fiend
Jun 2, 2011
RI

The only thing I could think of with your trucks power and the low miles would be clutch de lamination?

BigDMax05

Peanut butter and ladies!
Feb 2, 2009
Indiana
If you think it's electrical unplug the main harness to the vb and it should give you reverse and I believe 4th gear. May be wrong on what gears you'll have but it should tell you if it's physical damage or electrical.

beanpole209

May 5, 2010
If you think your clutches are going out, I would assume the first place to look would be the filters. I would check the internal filter, and the spin-on for clutch material.

dmaxbowtie

Duramax fiend
Jun 2, 2011
RI
If you think it's electrical unplug the main harness to the vb and it should give you reverse and I believe 4th gear. May be wrong on what gears you'll have but it should tell you if it's physical damage or electrical.

Hmm I'll look into that thanks

onedirtymax

Feb 9, 2011
Finally talked to Suncoast. They said the trim valve in the valve body was stuck open and applying pressure to the C3's when it shouldn't have been. It was just a bad valve from the start. They refreshed it with new clutches, convertor and valve body.

dmaxbowtie

Duramax fiend
Jun 2, 2011
RI
So I finally got the chance to open my trans up, c3s were burnt up and black and 2 of my c1 external toothed clutches were delaminated or missing chunks of clutch material, the c1/c2 drum was also all grooved up from the chattering, I'm still working on the cause of this whether it's just too much abuse, defective clutches, valve body issue or cross leak of some sort, any useful input would be appreciated.