Build Advice. Seriously lol

SparkZ03DMAX

Nov 16, 2009
North Carolina
Ok guys, I'm pretty sure I got this job up North which is good because it's time for me to get serious with the truck. Here's where I need you DD professionals :thumb:

Ok so here it goes...

I want a 600hp truck that can also be a Daily Driver and maybe take it to the dragway. I know its on the high side but this is where you guys come in.

Looking at a single turbo setup- Not sure really what turbo would be best...

Fuel? - Looking at 45 over injectors, but want to keep stock cp3 (thinking of adding LBZ fpr) advice?

Transmission- Want suncoast, gmax anyone?

Other goodies- Wanted Pro-Fab exhaust manifolds and up-pipes and figured ARP head studs would be good for safety.

So guys, any suggestions? I'm serious about this build, if everything goes through with this job, part spending will going at full speed, but I need your help.

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
stock injectors and dual cp3's with a stout S366 or your stock turbo with twins maybe s475/s480 will get there also. You won't need aftermarket manifolds or up pipes for what you want to do. At that level don't waste your money on head studs unless you plan on building the engine with rods,valve springs, etc. A gmax kit from suncoast will do fine with that power

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Henry sells that turbo and they have a special on them i think Darryl(tractor) has a post that said to pm him for a price,thats the turbo im going with and its awesome.

I would do the head studs for piece of mind i wouldnt want a head gasket poping prematurly,a set of lbz rods would be a nice comb with the lb7 pistons you would be good for 700hp or more.I have a couple sets of rods and Henry can get all the gaskets and parts pretty cheap.

SparkZ03DMAX

Nov 16, 2009
North Carolina
Cool deal. That cab over Pete you posted a pic of was sick. Good luck.

Why not just twin the stocker, add some nozzles and build the trans? That'll be about all you need to shorten the rods.

If I was to do twins, I still want to take the ol' IHI out lol. It's kind of like "Hey while I'm in there, mind as well."

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
Henry sells that turbo and they have a special on them i think Darryl(tractor) has a post that said to pm him for a price,thats the turbo im going with and its awesome.

I would do the head studs for piece of mind i wouldnt want a head gasket poping prematurly,a set of lbz rods would be a nice comb with the lb7 pistons you would be good for 700hp or more.I have a couple sets of rods and Henry can get all the gaskets and parts pretty cheap.

No built engine and NO arp head studs is like cheap insurance kinda with stock rods...Most likely you will pop a gasket in a perfect world before bending a rod there for me sayn don't want head studs on a stock short block. Actually the head bolts will last longer than a stock rod FWIW

jraymer

<--Tree Hugger
Oct 31, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Spending money before you have it, nice.. The American way. This topic has been beat to death. Ask James if you will pop a head gasket before you bend a rod. He bent his rods with twins. I say build your trans first and go from there. Its fun to say " yeah I'm going to get this turbo and these injectors and blah blah blah." What are you running now? You may be perfectly happy with a built trans and good tuning.

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
I agree with jraymer, take it a step at a time, build the trans, get some max effort tuning, lift pump and drive it for awhile. Maybe it won't b enough for u, maybe it will. If not, throw a bigger single on it or twin it. There's a bunch of guys on the forums running s475 over stock and making 600+. I just dyno'd last Sunday with an lb7 that made 618 with a s366, lift pump, trans, and a little w/m.