Buick Grand National

Kartmnn

Oct 27, 2011
East Providence RI
Not a GN but I bought a 85 Grand Prix with a built 406 GTO motor (30 over), built turbo 350 with hurst shifter, and 3.73 rearend out of a 442 of the same era with aftermarket Posi. Bought in FL site unseen on ebay for $1500. Car was delivered in running, driving condition needing a battery. I since have put a 850 carb on it, water pump, starter, painted the scoop hood correctly and added pin strips. Car stands about $4000 total and will runs low 12s with slicks. Will total rip the street tires at almost any speed below 55.

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
Oh man... What I would do to a gnx, Id friggin throw some 13's on it, couple pumps, nice paint with murals all over the place, chain steering wheel...... I'm gettin a chubby just thinking about it!:eek:

NJ_LLY

Back in action
Nov 4, 2008
Browns Mills, NJ
There is a guy by me that races the 8.50 index with a GN. The guy runs a Precision 4718. If I had the scratch there would definatly be one in my garage.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
:roflmao: I can see Mike hitting the switches:D

Many years ago I had a next door neighbor who was a low rider. He was never satisfyed how his car would dance and he wanted to outdo his compas. I went to work on his pumps and hydraulics and when we got done that 67 impala would dance side to side and front and rear. it was wild what he could do. Never understood that shit.

BLKLMM

<<< Slow Mamba
Jan 31, 2010
Oceanside
Many years ago I had a next door neighbor who was a low rider. He was never satisfyed how his car would dance and he wanted to outdo his compas. I went to work on his pumps and hydraulics and when we got done that 67 impala would dance side to side and front and rear. it was wild what he could do. Never understood that shit.

Is a lifestyle ese:D cruising down the boulevard slow on 3 wheels with your rooka next to you...priceless:rofl:

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
they are badass cars! my dad had a 87 GNX (which was fully built motor with a huge single) and sold it and now has a 89' turbo trans am with the GNX motor in it