Budget build opinions

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
Yea it is possible but I would stay in a more comfortable range of the turbo the fuel is there. Nitrous is the best bang for your buck power wise, but I have no experience with it. Maybe somebody who runs it will chim in.

AdaMax

Nov 26, 2010
Caldwell , Oh
It depends on the cp3 you have . If it is a Danville modded pump I don't think you will get much over 600hp but if they sold you a stroked pump then you will be limited on air .

2005LLY

Sep 18, 2011
Well come Monday I should have the cash to order my parts..

Mahle Cast race pistons
Carrillo rods
Main studs
Head studs
Billet flex plate
Merchant motor mounts

Should make the truck reliable again, pretty excited for it to be up and running agian.. Truck will only be around 700 hp because of turbo restriction, but on the street it'll have some go go juice :)

meshanic

All In Trucks
Dec 9, 2010
West Texas
So you think I'll have enough fuel and air to get into the 700's with proper tuning? Also looking for opinions on running the bottle. 50-100hp shot on a truck not dd.

I'm running a low mile stock LBZ CP3 and I can push my 60 overs to 2600 us & maintain 24 to 25k rail pressure. I'm also running the same turbo you mentioned and I hate it. It's fun for the street but it's mia at the top. I would never recommend a 300 frame to anyone. I hit 42 psi at the intake horn at 2600 rpm and by 3200 I'm down to 30-32 psi.

Man I could go on for days about how much this truck sucks at the track. I can BARELY stay ahead of the stock LBZs I've tuned. Not enough turbo for me. High EGTs:(

meshanic

All In Trucks
Dec 9, 2010
West Texas
Well come Monday I should have the cash to order my parts..

Mahle Cast race pistons
Carrillo rods
Main studs
Head studs
Billet flex plate
Merchant motor mounts

Should make the truck reliable again, pretty excited for it to be up and running agian.. Truck will only be around 700 hp because of turbo restriction, but on the street it'll have some go go juice :)

Man that's awesome! Wish I had done the same. Don't forget the dampner:thumb:

2005LLY

Sep 18, 2011
Not gonna get a dampner as this motor will stay in the factory rpm range.. Don't really think it's necessary..