Budget build opinions

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
If you can't afford to do it right the first time then you cant afford to do it twice.

When motors fail they take out other parts to. Crank, heads, piston and so fourth.

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
Even if everything's free besides gaskets and studs?

So you are not paying for any of the machine work? Then might be worth it. But you only gain a little bit, and risk taking the engine out. IMHO only reason I would do that with LBZ rods is if I hurt the engine, and needed to get it running again but couldn't afford the rods

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I was on the fence for a year before I built my engine.

Trust me, you will want more.

I told myself I would not to past 2200Us on 100% injectors. 2 months after the truck was running I have seen 2800Us and nitrous.

Let the truck sit for another few months and get good rods in it.

Slowmax

Build what others' won't
Aug 3, 2013
United States
So you are not paying for any of the machine work? Then might be worth it. But you only gain a little bit, and risk taking the engine out. IMHO only reason I would do that with LBZ rods is if I hurt the engine, and needed to get it running again but couldn't afford the rods

Correct no cost for labor or machine work. Only looking to make 650-700hp only driven as a toy and race truck. Never will be dd.

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
I can see reusing the LB7 pistons, but you will have to be really smart with tuning if you use the LBZ rods and will limit yourself. I'm horrible about waiting till I have the cash to do it right, but I would still do a good set of rods so you don't have to think about that every time you romp on it.

Slowmax

Build what others' won't
Aug 3, 2013
United States
I can see reusing the LB7 pistons, but you will have to be really smart with tuning if you use the LBZ rods and will limit yourself. I'm horrible about waiting till I have the cash to do it right, but I would still do a good set of rods so you don't have to think about that every time you romp on it.

How conservative ? I know keeping tq below 1300 is commin. Duramax tuner will be tunning it.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Correct no cost for labor or machine work. Only looking to make 650-700hp only driven as a toy and race truck. Never will be dd.

If its only a toy or race truck, you will even more so want to push the limits. You've already told us what we needed to know. LBZ rods are for a guy looking to just get the damn thing drive able again so a man can get to work.

Slowmax

Build what others' won't
Aug 3, 2013
United States
If its only a toy or race truck, you will even more so want to push the limits. You've already told us what we needed to know. LBZ rods are for a guy looking to just get the damn thing drive able again so a man can get to work.

So what should I be looking at next dual fuelers or a bottle? Billet II s366 60% sticks lbz pump

Slowmax

Build what others' won't
Aug 3, 2013
United States
Completely up to you bud. All we are saying is better to overbuild.

I understand 100% percent man. Just looking at where I should be going next. Already have all my fasteners, gaskets, turbo, injectors, going to order rods Friday. I have Silver bullet 366 billet wheel, 60% sticks, and a modified lbz cp3 going in. Would I be okay to put a bottle on it?

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
You could sell the 366 and get a bigger turbo instead of putting a bottle on it. How modified is your pump? those 60 overs will be asking for alot of fuel.

Slowmax

Build what others' won't
Aug 3, 2013
United States
You could sell the 366 and get a bigger turbo instead of putting a bottle on it. How modified is your pump? those 60 overs will be asking for alot of fuel.

Turbo is brand new with 0 miles. Pump was worked by Danville performance. How far is my setup going to take me before more fuel is needed.

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
If danville knew you were running it with 60's than the pump should be fine. 60 overs will carry you well onto the 800's if your pump/pumps can provide enough fuel. So i'll say you'll run out of air before fuel, I dont know how far the 366 will take you though.

Slowmax

Build what others' won't
Aug 3, 2013
United States
If danville knew you were running it with 60's than the pump should be fine. 60 overs will carry you well onto the 800's if your pump/pumps can provide enough fuel. So i'll say you'll run out of air before fuel, I dont know how far the 366 will take you though.

Thanks for your feedback man. :thumb: