BT DieselWorks Allison Lockup/Unlock Controller 2.0 - NEW FEATURES!

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Alright guys who is going to Scheids? I will bring a bunch of them there because I had to have another set of circuit boards made and im not sure they will arrive in time for me to ship them out from home...but I should be able to bring them out to Scheids. Its very easy to install them. Wire cutters, soldering iron and electrical tape is all thats needed. Id be happy to go around helping guys out putting them in on friday/saturday.

Ben

Ben

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Hey everyone- Sorry ive gotten behind on these. 5-speed controllers are ready to go, I have 10 of them in stock here. The pricing for the base-model and mid-level lockup controllers are as listed in the first page of this thread.

The top-of-the-line controllers are $499. These top-of-the-line controllers include FREE upgrades, and free custom tuning. IE, if you want your lockup controller to have a longer delay before automatic lockup occurs or if you want a softer/more-gradual apply (for guys running super high-stall converters), just let me know and I will custom program it for your application. When I say free upgrades, that means that as I come out with more features/additional capabilities to the controller, you guys can get yours updated to the latest and greatest software at no charge (I will cover return shipping too). One thing I am working on is RPM-based TCC control. This feature wont be ready for a little while, but like I said, when I do get it finished, you guys can send your controllers in an get the functionality added for FREE. Another upgradeable feature is the throttle/gear/boost based output trigger for water-meth, nitrous, etc...

6-speed guys, I just need to finalize software for the throttle % mapping. (its slightly different than the 5-speed accelerator pedals)

As an introduction sale from now until Monday, Ill be offering the top-of-the-line controllers for $475 with free shipping.
(just add 3% if you pay with paypal)

For the 6-speed guys who want to take advantage of the sale, you can just send me a $50 deposit so that when I have the 6-speed controller software done next week, Ill be able to get them to you for the same sale price. After Monday, the TCC controllers go back to their normal price.

To order one, please send me an email (not PM) with your shipping address (and include your forum screen-name as well) to place an order. btdieselworks "at" gmail.com

If you pay with PayPal, please be sure to include your forum screen-name in the "message" box.

thanks
Ben

Last edited:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Another quick question for the sledpullers regarding the automatic unlock feature.

Would you guys rather have it capable of automatically unlocking the converter based on RPM or vehicle speed? Obviously the vehicle speed will be wheel speed, not ground speed.

You wouldnt be required to use the automatic unlock feature, of course...but it would be there if you wanted full-automatic operation (automatic lock at launch, and automatic unlock at the end of the pull). Or you could just have it be automatic lockup at launch (based on throttle % and current gear) and then leave the unlock up to the driver with the manual button.

Like I said before, Im probably not going to have that feature active for a little while, but the top-of-the-line controllers are fully upgradeable for free, so when I do finish the auto unlock feature, just send it back and I will reflash the controller to add the capability...

Ben

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Alright guys the 06+ LBZ/LMM 6-speed lockup controllers are now fully tested and working properly with no codes, and no "reduced engine power" messages. Im happy to announce that I now have 2001-2010 2nd gen Allison lockup controllers ready for shipping as of this afternoon.

BIG thanks to Ben (odyssey) for stopping over today to let me do some of the 6-speed final testing/fine-tuning on his 06 LLY. :thumb:

As I said above, simply email me (btdieselworks "at" gmail.com) to order one

thanks
Ben

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

I added some last minute changes over the weekend. The top-of-the-line lockup controller now has the capability to have lockup be fine-tuned/programmed by the end user. This will help out guys who have different converters and want to adjust their lockup apply rate/speed/delay to account for looser (or tighter) converters.

Previously, I stated that you would have to tell me what converter you were running before hand, but now you guys can change it yourself without having to send the controller back to me for an update. :cool:

Basically, ignition ON, press/hold the brake pedal, hold down the "lock" button, then release the brake pedal and let go of the "lock" button. The LED will rapidly blink red-blue several times indicating that it has entered "programming mode". When the LED goes out, you have one of three options to choose from:

Press the "lock" button to make the converter apply 'ramp-up' speed quicker (harsher)
Press the "unlock" button to make the converter apply 'ramp-up' speed slower (softer)
Press the accelerator pedal to the floor once to make the converter apply 'ramp-up' go back to stock/factory apply rate.

The LED will light up for a couple seconds, confirming your choice (red if you selected 'harsher', green if you selected 'softer', blue if you selected 'factory').

After another couple seconds, your settings will be saved, the LED will go out and the lockup controller will reboot itself. The setting will be saved indefinitely (until you change it again of course). You can change the settings/reprogram the controller as many times as you want.

Most guys will never have to change the factory setting, but if you run a converter that is really loose, you will probably want to set the ramp-up rate slower (less-harsh). Change the settings at your own risk though...for example if you have a 3,000rpm stall converter and then set it to the fastest ramp-up rate (harshest) setting and then you go out and break all sorts of driveline parts due to the shock-load of lockup, its not my fault!!!

Thats just a basic overview, detailed programming instructions/FAQ's will of course be all be outlined in the included installation instructions.

Ben

Last edited:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Just want to thank everyone so far for the business, these are selling faster than I would have ever imagined! :hug:

Im going to make a couple minor changes to the next ones and just wanted to check with you guys before I finalize the "newest" design. I want the controllers to be exactly what YOU guys want and need, because ultimately you are the end users who are going to be using these to their fullest potential.

Is there any interest in keeping the auxiliary relay control/output? I originally designed this into the board to trigger nitrous or water-meth automatically after a time-delay at wide-open-throttle and higher boost levels. However I have not had many people really express much interest in using it; most people felt more comfortable triggering those things manually. Would anyone object to this feature being eliminated? Im not doing this as cost-savings or anything like that; its simply because the lockup controller's CPU has a limited number of inputs/outputs, and if there is no interest in a certain feature, it would be more efficient to reassign that CPU "channel" to another feature that people would find more useful.

Is there any interest in keeping the boost-sensing input? From the feedback I have received, throttle position and current gear are sufficient enough to trigger lockup at the correct timing to work most effectively during a drag race or sled pull...because by the time you hit 100% throttle and shift into second gear, you are ready to/want to have the converter locked regardless of boost.

RPM-based automatic unlock/lock for the sledpullers is coming, Im making steady progress on it. Although like I said before, do not hesitate to purchase a lockup controller now, as ALL of my current/future 2nd gen lockup controllers have the capability and will only need a reflash to enable the RPM-based input.

Another feature im going to add to the next run of controllers (and can be retrofitted to the current run of controllers if you wish) is the ability to adjust the delay of how much time passes between when you hit 100% throttle/second gear, and when the converter clutch is actually commanded to lock up. This will be useful for sled pullers who start out in 2nd or 3rd gear, and dont want the converter locking right out of the hole. There will be a little trim-pot on the module so you can use a screwdriver to adjust how many seconds to delay lockup before it automatically occurs.

If there are any other additional features that you guys can think of that you would like to see in the next revision, please post them here or PM me ASAP, as I am almost sold-out of the first batch of controllers and need to get the next batch together and in production very soon.

thanks
Ben

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Just want to thank everyone so far for the business, these are selling faster than I would have ever imagined! :hug:

Im going to make a couple minor changes to the next ones and just wanted to check with you guys before I finalize the "newest" design. I want the controllers to be exactly what YOU guys want and need, because ultimately you are the end users who are going to be using these to their fullest potential.

Is there any interest in keeping the auxiliary relay control/output? I originally designed this into the board to trigger nitrous or water-meth automatically after a time-delay at wide-open-throttle and higher boost levels. However I have not had many people really express much interest in using it; most people felt more comfortable triggering those things manually. Would anyone object to this feature being eliminated? Im not doing this as cost-savings or anything like that; its simply because the lockup controller's CPU has a limited number of inputs/outputs, and if there is no interest in a certain feature, it would be more efficient to reassign that CPU "channel" to another feature that people would find more useful.

Is there any interest in keeping the boost-sensing input? From the feedback I have received, throttle position and current gear are sufficient enough to trigger lockup at the correct timing to work most effectively during a drag race or sled pull...because by the time you hit 100% throttle and shift into second gear, you are ready to/want to have the converter locked regardless of boost.

RPM-based automatic unlock/lock for the sledpullers is coming, Im making steady progress on it. Although like I said before, do not hesitate to purchase a lockup controller now, as ALL of my current/future 2nd gen lockup controllers have the capability and will only need a reflash to enable the RPM-based input.

Another feature im going to add to the next run of controllers (and can be retrofitted to the current run of controllers if you wish) is the ability to adjust the delay of how much time passes between when you hit 100% throttle/second gear, and when the converter clutch is actually commanded to lock up. This will be useful for sled pullers who start out in 2nd or 3rd gear, and dont want the converter locking right out of the hole. There will be a little trim-pot on the module so you can use a screwdriver to adjust how many seconds to delay lockup before it automatically occurs.

If there are any other additional features that you guys can think of that you would like to see in the next revision, please post them here or PM me ASAP, as I am almost sold-out of the first batch of controllers and need to get the next batch together and in production very soon.

thanks
Ben

Ben I would like to have the controller trigger the nitrous. What about a RPM window switch, that way people wouldn't worry about the nitrous triggering when they don't want it to.