bradenton race

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
There opening it up to all classes this year. They are also starting a new heavy street class for 66Mm non clipped turbos at 7K pounds for 4X4's and 6250 for 2X4's. So who all is planning on going to it?

I thought about it, but Florida is just plain too far away. Definitely would've gotten my ass handed to me...but probably would've surprised a few people.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
The big money ruined the 2.6 class IMO. Yes, it did what it was supposed to and attracted participants but at a HEFTY price tag!! Just like in pulling, limits on the turbo makes things more expensive and the idea of winning all that money lead guys to spend stupid money on their trucks in hopes of winning. I seriously doubt a low budget truck could win that class again, if it even lasts.

In general, that turbo limited class was a mistake. Drag racing has its appeal because it allows for freedoms that pulling doesn't - charger, multiple chargers, drugs, etc. limiting any of those power-adders will make the class more expensive to compete in on a low budget because guys with enough money will spend it to make more power & beat your low-buck rig... Most of the time.

I like Gary, his intentions are/were legitimate & his passion for diesel racing is obvious. I hope his race pans out even if his 2.6 class dies off after this year.

05chevy

Jun 10, 2010
They were talking about making it a s300 base class. But who knows that the turbo rule will be. It was a good race last year. Sucks i wont make it this year

pepperidge

Member Club 12
Jan 12, 2007
Slidell, La
There opening it up to all classes this year. They are also starting a new heavy street class for 66Mm non clipped turbos at 7K pounds for 4X4's and 6250 for 2X4's. So who all is planning on going to it?

http://www.bradentonmotorsports.com/Events/Diesel%20Drags/home_diesel%202012.htm

I'll be close by on vacation with the family in Orlando/Kissimmee area from the 18th-26th

I may just have to see what the fuss is all about and pay you Nick and Grady a visit...

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
They were talking about making it a s300 base class. But who knows that the turbo rule will be. It was a good race last year. Sucks i wont make it this year

There still doing teh super stock which is a 6K pound 66MM turbo class, but they are also opening up a 66MM non clipped turbo class called heavy street(7K 4X4, 6250 2X4), as well as fielding all diesel classes for this one.

TNRGreene

Kicked to the Curb
Sep 2, 2006
Bradenton, Florida
Wow that brings back some memories :spit: :roflmao:

Should the Hertz Caddy make another appearance? We were talking about the Hertz Corvette but that might be a little more cost prohibitive......

Better call another company. I think I heard that Hertz has your picture posted. :spit: :roflmao:

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
Better call another company. I think I heard that Hertz has your picture posted. :spit: :roflmao:

I don't doubt that, I think we had 25+ HOT LAP tickets from one day alone, not to mention screwing around and the other bachelor party shenanigans involved with that trip. :thumb:

Jacy_dzlguy

lots to learn...
Aug 27, 2011
South Florida
Does the track have a scale i can weigh my truck on? mabe a stupid question but ive never been to a track before lol. Also if i want to run my truck does my exhaust need to exit up?