Book by Cadillac

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Is anyone else as interested in this as I am?

I've been eying a new escalade as a family
mover. It isn't a car I'd keep out of warranty and it's 100k out the door.

This program let you have any Cadillac you want that you can swap when you want up to 18 times a year.

It's costs 1500 a month and that includes taxes, registration, insurance, and maintenance. With no long term contracts.

I for one have signed up on the waitlist. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
I like the idea of a V in the summer and a escalade for family trips, but do not like the monthly payment :rofl:

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
If you were to stay in the program for 3 years you would spend $54,000 and have nothing to sell. I would be on the look out for a lightly used Escalade for that money and selling it at the 100k mile mark.

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
That's ridiculous for some that depreciates so fast and like Trojan pointed out have nothing to show for it.

That's more than my mortgage as well...

Yellowchevy

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
Buy something like Trojan man said and if you get the feeling to want to drive a new one, go test drive one at numerous dealers on different days or rent one for a week.

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
That seems like the dumbest idea ever from a car company.

That's more than my house payment. I couldn't stomach 1500 a month unless it was a write off or yor really like a caddy that much.

Thats 3x my mortgage. Lol Id rather drive 3 different BMWs for 500/month each. Cadillacs are crap.

CarolinaHD

Feb 8, 2011
NC
Seems like it might be fun for the summer to change up vehicles every other week. Still wouldn't do it though

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
If it also included gas, then that $1500/month would be an awesome deal. As it is, I don't think it's cheap, but it isn't as expensive as some are making it out to be. No extra maintenance, insurance, or registration charges makes the $1500 not seem so high, but I feel like I would have to have the most expensive vehicle they made for it to be worthwhile. A lot of people don't keep a vehicle past payoff anyway, so not having anything to show after three years isn't a big deal to most. To me it sounds better than a lease.

8lug

Escalade HD
Oct 16, 2009
Canada
I have an Escalade. It's great... I have a V, it's great. I'd love to be able to have both for less than my current Escalade payment... that sounds like a States deal... wonder if we have it in Canada?!

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
The escalade payment is about 1600 a month plus a couple hundred for insurance and maintenance. We also have property tax on cars here so it's an additional 2-2500 a year for that. So it's saving me a few hundred a month on a car I would never sell anyway. I would buy it or lease it and keep it for a couple years and trade it for a new one.

It's a car I won't usually be driving and it's nice not to have to worry about needing to do anything to it. And yes you do get the platinum fully optioned trims in all of them.

But I was tempted to get one and stick that Hennessy supercharger on it!

Now if only Cadillac would stick an l5p in something :rofl:

I may have to see if I can write it off I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
it is tempting when you factor maintenance, insurance etc.....but you don't have any thing to show for the payments. I would assume if you bought one you would have a 30k-40k equity in the car after 5 years.
this is just an example of "I want it and I want it now" and if people are willing to pay for it, more power to Cadillac and their marketing team.