Book by Cadillac

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
The only way it makes sense is maybe from a business use stand point and even then, I think there are better alternatives. Heck, at least with a lease, you are accruing value with your payments. This thing with Cadillac is 100% throw away of money. You have to be stupid, rich or both to do that. It's ridiculous IMO.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Everyone's mentioning throwing away money. All of our modifications we pay for on our trucks is essentially the same thing.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Ok I'm gonna play the devils advocate here.

I don't get the throwing money away argument. Most people buy a vehicle use it for 2 years then sell it for what they owe. So let's say you make 500 per month payments (gets you a Camry these days) for 24 months so that's 12,000 dollars that you've paid in that is not recuperated when you sell the vehicle. This is no different imo. Yes it's more money than most people would pay per month for a vehicle (new duramax's are getting very close tho) So this is not very different from what is already happening. Just more money due to being a high end vehicle.

This is a deal for wealthy people with high amounts of disposable income who trade vehicles regularly.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
The only way it makes sense is maybe from a business use stand point and even then, I think there are better alternatives. Heck, at least with a lease, you are accruing value with your payments. This thing with Cadillac is 100% throw away of money. You have to be stupid, rich or both to do that. It's ridiculous IMO.

Unless you buy out your lease your "equity" isn't worth anything either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Ok I'm gonna play the devils advocate here.

I don't get the throwing money away argument. Most people buy a vehicle use it for 2 years then sell it for what they owe. So let's say you make 500 per month payments (gets you a Camry these days) for 24 months so that's 12,000 dollars that you've paid in that is not recuperated when you sell the vehicle. This is no different imo. Yes it's more money than most people would pay per month for a vehicle (new duramax's are getting very close tho) So this is not very different from what is already happening. Just more money due to being a high end vehicle.

This is a deal for wealthy people with high amounts of disposable income who trade vehicles regularly.

Exactly... 1500 isn't as much to some as others. I watch people go thru gobs of money just to look cool 5 or 6 times a few hours a year...

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Exactly... 1500 isn't as much to some as others. I watch people go thru gobs of money just to look cool 5 or 6 times a few hours a year...

Haha, we spend 15k a year just keeping our center console in good working order! Only to fish 2 times a year. But damn it's fun.