blankets/heat shield/ thermal efficiency

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
So, i was wondering...is a there a specific vendor that sells the turbo blankets? I see Levi's name posted over and over, what vendor is he/does he represent?

I would like to replace the crummy tin stock one, also i was curious as to how much it would help, to what degree, to cover the manifolds and up pipes too.

Is doing this (manifold blanket and up pipe blankets) going to achieve any performance gains? Or is it more for keeping underhood temps down and vital wiring and hoses cooler and safe?

Thanks

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Levi is the man. Awesome customer service. Can't say enough good about the guy. I can put my bare hand on my blanket after towing a load or racing FWIW.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Wont see any "performance" gains per say, but I did notice my underhood temps went down a lot with everything wrapped and blankets.

I have blankets on the HTT,S480, RDL uppipes, and hotpipe.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Under hood temps on my triple turbo kit is unbelievable. One mechanic asked me how long I had been driving it when I pulled IP to his shop to talk. Everything is wrapped on mine except headers and pedestal.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

xtremebikr04

Jan 17, 2011
Vermont
Give levi a call. Super fast shipping and good prices. Wrapped everything on mine and under hood temps are better than with the truck completely stock.:thumb:

Benltr

Jan 17, 2012
Very good customer service.

I have his blanket on stock turbo and s475 and underhood temps is way lower than before.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I can also say that logging intake air temp the ambient air and intake temps were within a few degrees. Even in stop and go traffic they were within 15 degree.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
It will help spool just a little bit and have a little more power to drive the turbine, but the big thing is under hood temps

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
It will help spool just a little bit and have a little more power to drive the turbine, but the big thing is under hood temps
I made my 11.64 run after running the truck back to back 3 times in a row and it got faster every run so im thinking i needed more heat in the turbos,we didnt get the blankets on before track day (finished the truck the nite before at like 3 am and got up at 8am to go) so im hoping it will help a little keeping the heat in.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Levi is a good guy and makes an excellent product. He cares about his product and his customers.