blankets/heat shield/ thermal efficiency

dieselnoobie

Mar 9, 2010
Just wondering. How does it affect the warmup and constant engine temps up here in the Great White North at -40? I can see it as an asset in summer but what about winter?

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
You guys all rock! :hug: Thanks a lot for all the compliments! It seriously makes all the effort worth it when I see that it's making a difference to customers.

Just wondering. How does it affect the warmup and constant engine temps up here in the Great White North at -40? I can see it as an asset in summer but what about winter?

We don't normally get -40 but around 0 is fairly common for a few months. I specifically tested blankets during winter and couldn't tell you warm up or engine temp was any different with or without.

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
Another thumbs up for Levi:thumb: cool dude professional & fun to party with! Oh & makes excellent products! Lol.:roflmao:

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
I run Levis blanket on my LB7 with mod stock DTS turbo. Super happy with it. I have his up-pipe blankets too

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
I have one of Levi's socks on the s375. It cut down underhood temps dramatically and I noticed the turbo is more responsive. Gotta order some up pipe blankets next!

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Levi is awesome! i bought a used stock turbo blanket from Travis and Levi had Travis send it to him first before he sent it off to me so he could fix some little loose ends that were coming off and re-paint if for me. Now i need to just buck up and get me a s475 blanket to really keep all the heat down!

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I have Levi's blankets on my turbo, up pipes, and down pipe. Under hood temperatures are unbelievable! I will start my truck with frost on the hood, warm it up, drive 30 minutes to work, park, and the frost won't have melted. Stock, it would be melted above the turbo in 5 minutes, tops.

I ordered his blankets at the same time as the rest of my upgrades, and his were the first parts to arrive... by 3 days! Wish everyone worked like that!

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
I've got his turbo and up pipe blankets as well. As everybody says he's great to work with and a stand up guy, great to talk about random stuff with too.

I still need to install my blankets :mad:

Yellowchevy

Robby Avery

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Jul 31, 2008
Norman Park, Georgia
Just got off the phone with levi and wow great person to deal with excellent customer service and extremely knowledgible person enjoyed talking with him and will def be doing future business with him for sure:thumb:

07metallicgreen

Nov 24, 2011
Smicksburg, PA
i got my turbo blanket on and the quality and custom service is great!!:thumb: i have a set of rdl up pipes setting in my garage. do you guys think i should get a set of blankets for them before i put them on?

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Just talked to Levi. Getting my headers and turbo blankets. Uppipes are just wrapped due to how tight everything is.:thumb:

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Posted this^^ Monday at 5pm. Blankets were at my house when I got home from work at 1PM Thursday!!! Impressive to say the least.