Big Injector timing

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
And FWIW, its pointless asking for tuning help/advice or expecting to have an in-depth helpful discussion on anything tuning related nowadays. That ship sailed back in mid-2006, its a shame... :(

Even basic things that are extremely useful like how to use the map feature in EFILive, how to make custom PIDs, etc... Its ALL secret squirrel crap.

It's stupid but totally the way it is I've had to learn the hard way rather then sharing even basic details it's buy my tune it will work blah blah.

I wouldn't mind trying a big name tuners tunes but if I don't like it I'm out money I didn't need to spend so I just keep trying different things

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Unfortunately after you get stabbed in the back enough times by the people you thought were looking out for you, you no longer wish to share regardless the situation. You then just worry about about your own. It is unfortunate, but it is the way the world works these days, truely sad! The only bit of information I will share with the group about this subject right now in relation to big injectors and timing is that one of my best running 2.6 trucks is making 1200hp at the crank with only 24 degrees @4800rpms(350%inj) and if you bump it up to 28 it drops power. It is all about the parts combination and that is why the timing calculators are useless in these situations. Change one part and it sets off a tail spin.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Unfortunately after you get stabbed in the back enough times by the people you thought were looking out for you, you no longer wish to share regardless the situation. You then just worry about about your own. It is unfortunate, but it is the way the world works these days, truely sad! The only bit of information I will share with the group about this subject right now in relation to big injectors and timing is that one of my best running 2.6 trucks is making 1200hp at the crank with only 24 degrees @4800rpms(350%inj) and if you bump it up to 28 it drops power. It is all about the parts combination and that is why the timing calculators are useless in these situations. Change one part and it sets off a tail spin.

x2...completely agree Mark!

And FWIW, I dont use a timing calculator either (I literally used it once just to see how it worked). Just lots of logging, and real world driving to see what actually feels best and is fastest at the track.

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa

And FWIW, I dont use a timing calculator either (I literally used it once just to see how it worked). Just lots of logging, and real world driving to see what actually feels best and is fastest at the track.

How does a guy go about calculating a timing table without using the timing calculator?

I'm sure I'll get tore up for asking this as it may be a very dumb question.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl

I use the calculator as a reference kinda like spell check. LOL. I already know about what percentages I like in which areas. I even log the CADGE pid to check the calculator as I have always found the two to be very very close with my tuning. I did not use the timing calculator in the beginning.

Last edited:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
9u4ypemu.jpg
tony, any idea why cadeg won't work? I've got pulse and rpm logging that's all it says it needs

I'm not Tony, but I can tell you why it isn't working for you. You don't have the right PIDs selected. The CADEG PID requires SAE.RPM and GM.MAINBPW to be selected for the PID to be valid. You have SAE.RPM, but you don't have GM.MAINBPW because it isn't a valid PID for an LBZ. You'll need to go into the Calculated PID folder and customize a PID for the LBZ that uses the LBZ pulse width PID. It's been a few years since I've messed with it, but I can try to do a short write-up on how to make a custom calc PID later this weekend.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Ill just go back and try and find how to make one. I know the formula it uses so once I get to where I need to make them it shouldn't be trouble. And yeah I figured that's why it didn't. I tried to look for that pid but couldn't find it. I just assumed it would use main injection time I have.