LB7: Best Recommended Tuner

Andrewslmm7

Feb 27, 2013
Ct
Moonshine no other way about it quick and linear pedal and all balls wot. The drivability is great and beat my underboost codes in no time. IMO best around:thumb:

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
According to his sig he begs to differ! I think Co Co Puff wears the skirt in that household! :roflmao:

How'd i miss this one
Anybody who is married, spends 26k on a truck, and in the same year spends another 25-30k on said truck, just for fun, and doesn't profusely and profoundly thank their spouse, is just straight up askin to not be married anymore, or spend another 30k on his truck.

I wasn't aware being grateful for my wife meant i wore the skirt? She may have the high paying white collar job, but my carhartt's is all i wear

You divorced mack?

I love my wife, you're the best babe!!!

Anyone who begs to differ, have fun playing with yourself tonight, cuz your probably single

Last edited:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Actually, that is how much i have spent, shameful i know, but i need to take that statement back, cuz some of that money was labor costs:eek: really i have prob more like 22+ in parts alone:eek::angel::screwy::cool:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Just the bigger mods, trans, turbo, and pump=10g

Use your imagination, gauges and pod=700+
Tune, trans tune, revised tune=1200+
Deep pan, rear diff=600
Cognito 4", driveline, spring packs, gears, truetrac=almost 6k

Addin up quick,

Lift pump=700
, t-case rebuild, pump rub kit, labor=icr

Just right here thats about 18-19k

Cognito uca's, air bags, cal tracs, yukon axel rebuild kits front and rear,egr delete, intercooler, y bridge......doesn't seem so far fetched any more huh?

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
Yeah ill have to reply to your pm or call ya.
I have
Mpi twins (5000), stage 5 trans (4000), lift pump(650), 3 pod and gauges(450-550) deep pans also and efi live(475)- revised numerous times due to addin twins ect and never payed more. And a bunch of other things that i have. Even if u add my dual cp3s waitin for install and my high flow bridge i have to get im about half cost of u. Must have got a deal.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Maybe, maybe not, my cost is very fresh in my mind cuz its only been a year, i bet if your honest with yourself you have spent more than 12 or even 15k. Maybe not. I bought everything new, as a nobody, full retail most times, my loss i suppose, but good on you for a great deal:thumb:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Some more things i remembered

So cal flex plate
Billet input and output, and p2
Ppe manifolds and uppipes
Oil centrifuge, scotts oil filter

That's another couple grand easy, and im sure thers more:eek::D

TDFDiesel

I'm That Guy
Jan 6, 2011
Mesa, AZ
Idaho Rob at ATP Trucks
Kory Willis at PPEI
Tony at Moonshine

Those would be the 3 I would consider if buying tunes today, I've ran quite a few tunes and Rob's always been my main tuner. Kory's tune impressed me after being disappointed with some other big name tuners. I haven't had the opportunity to run Tony's personally yet, but they have come highly recommended from a few people I trust.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Maybe, maybe not, my cost is very fresh in my mind cuz its only been a year, i bet if your honest with yourself you have spent more than 12 or even 15k. Maybe not. I bought everything new, as a nobody, full retail most times, my loss i suppose, but good on you for a great deal:thumb:
I dont want to know what i have in mine :barf:

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
All of the sudden I don't feel so bad for what I have spent on doing the DURAMAX swap on my BURB. Even with the donor truck cost(back when donor LB7's were still fetching close to $10K), built trans, injectors, head gaskets, gear swaps, transfer case, and everything else I did I still have less than 20K in it.

As for tuners, you can't go wrong with Tony at RDIGERUNNER, Rob at ATP has a good following, I've heard alot of good about Dustin, Mike Meyers(spelling?), and Trent. I now do my own tuning(thanks to TRENT helping to demistify the mystery that is EFILIVE when the shop I bought my V2 from wouldn't send me my tune that was promised to me when I bought my V2 from them, and they are a vendor here now), and have done quite a few for others since to help them out liek I was helped out early on. I don't consider myself to be a tuner, just a hobbyist. I would say pick a tuner close by or one who is willing to work with you and stick with them. Chences are the tune won't be perfect right out of the gate, but most tuners are willing to work with you and get it that way for you. And if they aren't then your tuner isn't really a tuner.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
:laughing4:

Listen guys/gals, i know there was a cheaper way to get to the power level i am currently at, but i am building the truck for the power level i want, and the build continues:thumb:

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
:laughing4:

Listen guys/gals, i know there was a cheaper way to get to the power level i am currently at, but i am building the truck for the power level i want, and the build continues:thumb:

You know there are built trucks and "built" trucks. Do not get them confused. "Built" trucks cost more the the normal built truck. They go all out and are design with a purpose.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
built trucks

Well, its never gonna be a 3.0 puller or a 9 second 1/4 truck, but i plan to have more than 800whp on a street tune, and 1000whp on a race/dyno tune, so i figure that desreves the title of "built"

Dont you?

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Well, its never gonna be a 3.0 puller or a 9 second 1/4 truck, but i plan to have more than 800whp on a street tune, and 1000whp on a race/dyno tune, so i figure that desreves the title of "built"

Dont you?

When you are spending the money that you claim it should be a "built" truck. That is why my comments stated that. A cheap build is not really a "built" truck. It may run well but there s a difference.:thumb:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
:hug:
I guess i misinterpreted the angle you were coming from :eek:

:D

When my truck is done, it will be a "built" truck