Best Hand Cleaners

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I've been using Zep Cherry Bomb for a while, and it seems to work pretty good. I just put my last gallon jug of it in my dispenser last week, and when I went online to order more, I found a Zep variety pack that has 1 gallon of each: Cherry Bomb, Reach, TKO, and Shell Shock. I'm curious to see how each one works.

I got a sample of the Zolex stuff that Mitch talked about, and it worked awesome. I ordered a tub of it, but it didn't seem to work as well as the sample pack I got. It was a lot drier and didn't seem to cut the thick grease as well. I started using Cherry Bomb after I used it all up and haven't been disappointed.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I don't like the gritty stuff because it tends to plug up my sink drain. My stuff works better than anything and I've tried them all.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
We use this Kresto stuff at work. Has walnut shell scrubbing media in it. Puts that Zepp cherry bomb stuff to shame. This is the best hand cleaner I have ever used.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
We use this Kresto stuff at work. Has walnut shell scrubbing media in it. Puts that Zepp cherry bomb stuff to shame. This is the best hand cleaner I have ever used.

That is the shit I was talking about. I couldn't remember the name. It is without a doubt the best shit on the market. Nothing compares.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
I don't like the zep stuff either, it all runs off my hands when I'm trying to scrub. And no, I never wet my hands down first.

We also have the stuff Mike posted, works good but it does clog the drain every now and again.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I don't like the zep stuff either, it all runs off my hands when I'm trying to scrub. And no, I never wet my hands down first.

We also have the stuff Mike posted, works good but it does clog the drain every now and again.
Which Mike?

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
for those of you that like to use solvents, brake cleaners or petroleum products to clean your hands with. be careful, it is a good way to induce contact dermatitis. once you have it working on your rigs will no longer be as fun as it used to be :beer

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
for those of you that like to use solvents, brake cleaners or petroleum products to clean your hands with. be careful, it is a good way to induce contact dermatitis. once you have it working on your rigs will no longer be as fun as it used to be :beer

Gonna have to google that.. Maybe that's why my hands are f'd

Never mind just googled.. I'm just a puss and my hands aren't what they used to be..

SBLC

Here to Learn
Jun 12, 2008
Utah
I work on some nasty greasy core drills at work. Black nasty grease nothing gets it off exempt wd-40.
It's seriously like magic, might not be the best for your health but damn it works. Don't even have to scrub.

Another vote for wd-40.
Just spray it on the hands, wipe around, and towel off and if its too greasy for you they just follow up with some dawn soap. I also agree that it might not be the best thing for your health (only anecdotal) but then again meat, dairy, and GMO foods haven't killed me yet. Try it and report back!

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
So wait you think its anecdotal that WD-40 is bad for you, but believe foods deemed safe by the FDAs ain't? Well Im sure lots of people said the same about asbestos after all its natural fiber.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I wear rubber/nitrile/latex gloves... You all should consider it, chemicals/oils are bad news for you and your loved ones, just remember you take that sh*t home with you too...
I'm not totally convinced I didn't harm my middle daughter with the chemicals I was exposed to when I was younger, pre wearing gloves cause I was to macho...

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I wear rubber/nitrile/latex gloves... You all should consider it, chemicals/oils are bad news for you and your loved ones, just remember you take that sh*t home with you too...
I'm not totally convinced I didn't harm my middle daughter with the chemicals I was exposed to when I was younger, pre wearing gloves cause I was to macho...

I wish it were that easy but for me, rubber/latex ect... gloves do so much damage to my hands I'm better off with chemicals on them.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I wish it were that easy but for me, rubber/latex ect... gloves do so much damage to my hands I'm better off with chemicals on them.

Yep some can't wear them but most can. I wish I had someone around to knock me in the head when I was younger about the potential harm I could cause to myself and my loved ones.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Yep some can't wear them but most can. I wish I had someone around to knock me in the head when I was younger about the potential harm I could cause to myself and my loved ones.
I try to use them as much as I can now too. Sometimes it isn't possible or you end up covered in crap up your neck. But most of the time they work great.

I've also used gasoline on some stubborn gunk. I bet thats good for the skin.

On the other hand that walnut cleaner looks awesome. Time to order some.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I try to use them as much as I can now too. Sometimes it isn't possible or you end up covered in crap up your neck. But most of the time they work great.

I've also used gasoline on some stubborn gunk. I bet thats good for the skin.

On the other hand that walnut cleaner looks awesome. Time to order some.

I have used everything known to man to clean parts and myself up:eek: I just try extra hard now to be a little smarter, it doesn't always work out but hey that's life.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
I have used everything known to man to clean parts and myself up:eek: I just try extra hard now to be a little smarter, it doesn't always work out but hey that's life.
I hear ya. I used to use brake cleaner occasionally until I cleaned both my arms with it once and one got bright red and puffed up. Haven't done it since haha.

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
I use Fast Orange works great in a pinch I mix equal parts of powdered Tide and sugar, I know it sounds strange but works super, learned it from my Grandfather many years ago he was a shipfitter.

Max Attitude

11SIX
Mar 7, 2012
Caledonia, MI

Personally I can't stand working with gloves. It's not a macho thing either. You just can't grab/feel things, hands get sweaty….I hate them but I'll use them on occasion for really greasy jobs.

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
I have found the blue nitrile gloves work pretty good until you get a rip. I don't like gloves much though. Can't remember the name of the soap they have at work it's a lotion soap and works pretty well. Whatever it doesn't get I use a scotch Brite with the hand cleaner. I think it's called wisk lotion soap. Iirc

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk