Best Hand Cleaners

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
sodium hydroxide (white crystals in drain openers) mixed with hand soap. burns in cuts, use sparingly.

also, powdered laundry detergent such as Tide

and another vote for GOJO

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Gojo or zeps cherry. Dawn sucks I have it and foaming antibacterial soap on our sink and the foam cleans 10x better.

Being out in the field most of the time I use the treated hand towles and they all do pretty good.
Brake cleaner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used to use that to then someone talked some sence into me. Its got some really bad shit in it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Digmax

Jan 23, 2016
The GOJO in the little tub, its white cream like stuff get the smooth will desolve grease very good

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I'm gonna vote for dawn.. I've said for years if they made dawn with pumice that hand cleaners would be out of Buisness..

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I work on some nasty greasy core drills at work. Black nasty grease nothing gets it off exempt wd-40.
It's seriously like magic, might not be the best for your health but damn it works. Don't even have to scrub.

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
Brake cleaner and chase it wd-40 so your hands don't crack, old rig trick, works great.

What do you guys use to break up obm? Everyone went to it around here...its on all my work stuff. I've been going to the car wash and pressure washing my overalls after they soak in dish detergent.. Kinda works, but not great

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
I forgot that I had this. I bought a camper shell with sides that opened years ago and this was in it. The tube is stopped up and it won't come out now. It's a thick foamy soap and it worked awesome. No water, just wipe off with a rag. Would clean anything off. It looks like I photoshopped it but I was holding it in my hand yesterday and took the picture. I need to throw it away, lol.

2Q==

Attachments

• IMG_5947.JPG
    IMG_5947.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

04chase

Mar 28, 2008
no one has mentioned boraxo? its a dry powder and kicks ass without drying your hands. pink and white are both great.

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
What do you guys use to break up obm? Everyone went to it around here...its on all my work stuff. I've been going to the car wash and pressure washing my overalls after they soak in dish detergent.. Kinda works, but not great

Luckily mine don't get too bad, but when they do, you can't get it all out without washing them two or three times. I use lots of dawn and oxy clean. My wife gets them pretty well spotless and I don't k ow how she does it.