Best Hand Cleaners

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
What is the best kind of hand cleaner to use when getting grease etc. off? I have tried everything and it usually takes a good scrubbing in the shower to get them clean enough to hold my 6 month old daughter.

CarolinaHD

Feb 8, 2011
NC
Not exactly hand cleaner but it gets the job done

small_SD-20-All-Purpose-Cleaner-1.jpg

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
always used GOJO stuff. works pretty good. i have yet to find something that will take the diesel oil stains or the moly/blend cv grease stains out of my hands after working on one without a ton of scrubbing with a stiff bristle brush.

My 4 month old has a few grease stained clothes from me :angel:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I have only ever used a cleaner thats now known as Permatex Blue hand cleaner. I forget what it was called when I was a kid.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Gre Sa Way, by Champion Chemicals.
It is concentrated so you can cut it for any use. Never found anything better.
You can wash your car, clothes, windows, and brush your teeth. Great for break dust. It will never dry your hands out.
Buy it on Amazon for about 12 bucks a gallon. Been using it in my shop for 18 years.:thumb:

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I'll have to look when I get home but I use this cleaner with crushed walnut in it and it cleans better than anything on the market and I have tried them ALL. Its better than gojo, dawn and everything else guaranteed.

The more I use it the better my hands feel, all my cuts, scraps and dry cracks are healed up and my hands feel the best they ever have in years and they feel clean compared to the typical petroleum based hand cleaners that leave your hands feeling gross afterwards.

I feel like a salesman talking about it but it's literally the best stuff on the market I would bet money on it. I'll get the name as soon as I get home.

bmc1025

Jan 25, 2013
Big Bone, KY
Zep cherry bomb or gojo cherry if you need something that scrubs and leaves your hands smelling good. I also keep this stuff called Joe's hand cleaner in my work trucks no need for water just a blue paper shop towel, it doesn't smell as good as the cherry stuff though.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
There was a guy pushing a product over on CompD a year or so back... he sent out a bunch of samples and guys said it was definitely better than anything they had been using. I got a sample but it was left open and dried up. It worked awesome the few times I tried it...

I'll search for the tread/stuff later.