Bed Time Story.... (Team Salad)

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Ah yes good times. I remember how hot Simon's '03 sounded when he threw the edge in it. I don't even think he had any guages!:rofl:

How the times have changed.

'03duramax

I love cheer******s
Sep 16, 2006
WA
Haha, awesome thread. It really puts things into perspective for our community. I didn't show up on dp till '05, but I still remember thinking how crazy the Bastard Stack was, especially since my Edge was so fast! haha. And who could've imagined dual cp3's, that blew my mind

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
Wonder what the next 5 years will hold?

prolly triple CP3.4's, axial-flow turbos, billet d-max block and heads!

Wake me up im dreamin:rofl:

Burner

Old Hand
May 6, 2008
Bring'n back da memories. :hug: ......good times not forgotten. I remember the custom box I had in early 04, 442 RWHP ......:p You know it was an EDGE, no kidding.

If it we not for all the fights, where would the fun have been? Than again, we're now spread all over the web. :(

What would we have done without Team Salad or the 'anti-sald' Soup Nazi Party.

Remember Mac and the Sun Coast debate?

It was all fun, it really was. I doubt we'll ever have a chance at something like that again.

.....and SD calling Quad a carrot top, priceless. :hehe:

duramaximizer

#1 Abuse Enabler ;)
May 4, 2008
Edgerton, Ohio
Back when Roger Zeedyke had the best of the best. Before merchant auto.....before Socal diesel had anything atleast dmax related.

I am guessing here, but my guess would be the next big chapter after DPF deletes, will be the 4.5 liter urea deletes and the new next generation 6.6 LXZ. Hahaha Everyone will be doing the reverse head swap, and Guy won't know how to do those new fangled heads. And poor Mike L will be lost in the trans. :rofl:

racinmike77

Sep 14, 2008
MD
I remember when alot of guys were running the preadator and IIRC GMC2500HD swore up and down his SCMT (superchips) was the ticket.

Looking back at the first twins, 550hp and 12s go hand in hand now. Juice swore he had much more though.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
... and before all of this there were the fuel filter debates on the dieselPAGE and a a tree fell on Hoots' truck....:eek:

hahahaha I remember that. Good old hoot...blew headgaskets because of too much pane, and then waited for the tree thing as an excuse to sell it.

KEVINL

Jul 4, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I didn't join the forums till I bought my truck. I can remember in 2000 or 2001a buddy got a 01 GMC 2500HD when they were first available I was so impressed with even with the mediocre 300 & 520.

I was 18 at the time and was lucky to bring in $1000 a month so there was no way I could get one.

He had some sort of programmer on it and it was so damn fast probably like a 80-100 hp tune he limped the tranny like 10 times although I didn't know thats what it was at the time.

When I was 22 I still thought I couldn't afford a used one but ended up buying a 04 Sti as a impulse buy for what a 01 or 02 duramax would have been at the time. A year later I traded in the STi on my 04 I could have bought a new one if I would have realized it and not bought other crap I didn't need.

Now she is damn modded and I am so upside down I have to keep her

Last edited: