Automotive "terms" and fads that make you cringe

Rollin35s

May 21, 2013
Wasilla, Alaska
"Pushing" is the worst for me. "I've got the hot unlock so it's pushing around 550 horse". Just stop. You either had it on the dyno or you didn't, stop guessing.

unionmax481

hot rodder
Aug 8, 2014
lebanon in
I have told him that and asked why he couldn't just say babe then i remembered that most the kids at his age can't wright or say the whole word because that would take to much energy or effort

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
Are there any words or phrases or fads that make you cringe when you read them or see them? If so, let's hear it. Here are a few of mine off the top of my head:

Murdered out
Rims (specifically people calling wheels rims)
Roll coal (that phrase is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me!)
Dirtymax
Huge LED light bars, especially when mounted on the roof
Stanced (I don't particularly hate the wide wheels that stick out way past the body. I think it's a little ridiculous and would never do it to my truck, but there are more unattractive fads out there. I do, however, hate the term, and I especially hate it when people combine the wide wheel look with stretched out tires.)

I'm sure I have more, but that's the current top of my list.

You trying to make me feel bad about painting all my chrome black?

battlegraduate09

Gearhead
Mar 18, 2010
Typical zf6 flatbill

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

no flat bills in my damn truck haha

Pronouncing diesel as DEE-SUL. I think it is because of this guy I use to work with from california that i absolutely despised talking enormous amounts of shit about his 03 2wd dually cummins dee-sul. He said it so much that hearing it said that way makes my skin crawl worse than hearing "ford"

UGAfsuFAN

Sep 29, 2015
Between VA Beach & Tallahassee
I hate to see all the trucks with the rear dropped and the front at normal height. I think they call it a Carolina lean, I can't stand it. Go buy a Honda Civic...

Where I'm from in Florida, they call it bulldogin'. I hate it. Mostly see it on the 1/2 tons. I see it as a low budget lift kit. They crank the torsion bars all the way and leave the rear stock. And don't forget the bent fenders from the super swampers rubbing. Horrible.

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
Seeing exhaust tips like this on any truck. What happened you couldn't figure out how to mount a 55 gallon drum under there so you went with a 5 gallon bucket?

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
8eeeae591d896826a8b539f62e80fff8.jpg

Everything about this truck annoys me
Fummins (a ve Cummins at that)
Flo-grown
Light bar
I also hate the term bulletproof

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Color-morph head lights are the absolute gayest thing in my opinion.

Windshield tint strips. Those drive me nuts. When there is a 12" limo top strip and a 12" limo bottom strip so you have a 3" gap you can even see out of.

And probably my number 1 biggest thing...when people list "ported rail fittings" as one of their "mods".

Josh....what about those 425's ;):roflmao:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
You trying to make me feel bad about painting all my chrome black?
I like the blacked out look as long as you don't say it's murdered out! It's that term that irks me, not the style.
Windshield tint strips. Those drive me nuts. When there is a 12" limo top strip and a 12" limo bottom strip so you have a 3" gap you can even see out of.
I don't mind the tint visors on windshields until I have to drive the truck. Being a somewhat taller than average person, I always seem to end up looking through the visor or trying to duck down to see under it.
Josh....what about those 425's ;):roflmao:
:roflmao: cant believe he forgot that one! :roflmao:
I had too many gripes on my mind, and I haven't heard anyone say that one lately because I haven't been hanging around any forums with too many Cummins owners. :thumb:

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Please tell me that you didn't just shamelessly plug your own account for more views and maybe a few more likes...
:fluffy: