Automotive "terms" and fads that make you cringe

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
I was at the car wash today and saw a new F-250 with about half the stuff we've been talking about. American Force wheels at least 24". Tires sticking out 10-12" past body. 8" or better lift with purple power coating. Had the Cali/Carolina/whatever you call it lean. But then again, it was pulling a trailer with his 4 seater Rzr on it. It was SICK!! :rofl:
Should've taken a pic but didn't....
I'm trail riding this weekend in my polaris general,and you get d-bags out on trails just like trucks. Kinda like the guy with a razor so dam big it can't really drive down a trail,but it had 10 speakers on it playing country rap and does burnouts. ...

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
I hear "Fickum" referring to the FICM in the 6.0 world and sometimes in the duramax world. I hate that shit. call it a F I C M or a fuel injector control module. maybe I'm weird but I don't like it.

wrcknkrw

Feb 21, 2008
roy ut
Also a kid in Idaho had one of the Japanese bosozoku style cars (had to ask what the hell he was doing) I guess it's a new fad the younger kids are doing now?

I had no clue what that was and had to look it up. Now I'm sad I did. How is that actually a real thing.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
One of the reasons I don't have kids an I'm 35 been married for 6+ years is I don't want to raise a kid in the town I live in. I would raise one in the small town I grew up in but the wife refuses to live there and that close to her mother in law LMAO.

turbostang7

Apr 11, 2011
Rexburg Id.
I had no clue what that was and had to look it up. Now I'm sad I did. How is that actually a real thing.

I have no idea, looks like a demolition derby cars exhaust gone very wrong. His was out the back and sticking up at about a 30 deg angle for four feet and had some design in the end....all on a geo metro....

I put it right up there with huge tips on a diesel though, same uselessness in both.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Exactly...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup...

Like Stephen Hawking said the other day. We're going to destroy ourselves within the next century that it's going to take for life in space to be feasible.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
you wanna really get depressed....theres a chance that one day somebody from that generation is going to be president.
Selfie stick in hand at the inaugurations, no doubt

I am right there with you. Are generation is a joke
No you didn't...really?

Our, generations must not be the same...
Yup...

Like Stephen Hawking said the other day. We're going to destroy ourselves within the next century that it's going to take for life in space to be feasible.

It'll go down like the climactic end to the movie "2012"
...which, I personally thought was a great action movie :D

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Yup...

They'll screw up space as well.:mad:

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Truthfully in the end it's the owner's decision to make a vehicle how they want it to look. However what REALLY gets me is seeing these "bro'd" out trucks come through my work for emissions tests. Literally 80%+ are driving on bald tires, numerous oil leaks, brakes griding, 15k overdue on oil change, etc, etc. Basically a rolling safety hazard. But they make damn sure that their wheels have the most offset, or their lift is the most flashy, exhaust tip is the most obnoxious, or they have more lightbars than their other bro...

Double bro points when it's their welding rigs with the same problem. It's literally your mode of income yet you spent your brake/u-joint/maintenance money on more LED's than a big rig.