August '24 Chat -- Its too damn hot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Humidity is 80+ here, equals swampass and chaffing 😔
We are about mid 60s in the morning when it's cool out. Then when it's about 100° it's down to 20% or so. Makes it bearable as at least you don't drown in your own sweat. We can get down to single digits if it's sustained 105° for a week. But most of the time it says low double digits

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
It’s only 20% now and it sucks lol. Pulling fiber this morning just as the sun was coming up and I was sweating my ass off haha. August is our monsoon season here and chances of rain this weekend.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
We are about mid 60s in the morning when it's cool out. Then when it's about 100° it's down to 20% or so. Makes it bearable as at least you don't drown in your own sweat. We can get down to single digits if it's sustained 105° for a week. But most of the time it says low double digits
Dry heat is definitely less oppressive then wet heat.. very rarely have I experienced temps above 70° where I didn't start sweating just standing doing nothing.
Been like that since I was a young kid
Feet have taken a beating as well have to wear safety boots with leather 90% of the time, no ventilation

Last edited:
Reactions: 2004LB7

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Hopefully tonight isn't really exciting and the rain isn't going to cool off the area😡🥵😡
Night 0230est wake up heading in fast

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240801-194713.png
    Screenshot_20240801-194713.png
    701.7 KB · Views: 5

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
I haven't been keeping up with all the fires. I was supposed to swap that 1.0L in the FURD...
What a fiasco. So much for Vacation...

Monday was a complete Shit Show from the moment I woke up... I don't even want to think about that part of the day.
In the after noon my work phone starts blowing up. I am the Main Contact for one of the customers in my Territory. They had machine that was starting to fail at there customer on Monday afternoon.

On Tuesday, the First dealer that supposedly had an engine in stock Didn't have it. Then I find out this dumb ass engine is on National Back Order with No ETA. I had the guy look up and see if any other dealers in the area showed stock We located a dealer that showed 3 not far from my house. I know FORD Issued a Recall on them in the last 2 months. Its been a Bad deal for them. They either eat the wet belt driving the oil pump or they blow a head gasket. Those are the most 2 common failures... This one over heated. We finally get a New Replacement Engine, and I order an new thermostat assembly, the gasket, an over flow bottle, and a new cap. We get it home, Then the Work Phone starts going off, The machine went down and it wont power back up. I tell them how to Trouble shot it and they confirm its dead.... Now I have to go to the office grab the Spare unit I have on consignment and take it to the machine builder to load all the software and machine offsets so they can over night this unit to the customer.

Wednesday was a blur. I had to deal with several various other work issues and I needed an update on my Scan tool. Every time I tried to do something the phone rang. I barely got the jack and stands out

So Today is the first day I have had a chance to even touch it and it wasn't till later this after noon that I even got to pop the hood. I noticed the tag on the engine in the car does not match the build of the original car. It had a 2022 date on it. So now I am wondering if it already ate an engine possibly on the original owner they had it fixed. Maybe it was showing signs of issues again and the dumped it. It was owned by some one else for a very short period and they dumped it. I am guessing they had an issue or issues with it and wanted out. So it ended up on a used car lot some where and a member of my family needed transportation and figured this was his best option in a price range he could afford. His last transportation lost the transmission and needed other work so he sold it to the junk yard. Of course this is right when his wife fell ill so he need something to be able to visit her at the care facility once they released her from the hospital. She only made it like 2-3 months and passed away.

Tomorrow is Street sweeping in my Hood. So that's the first thing to deal with. Then I have a virtual meeting for work. I still need to get the exhaust off. I was trying to figure out if I can squeeze it out the top or if it needs to drop out the bottom.

Sorry, I ramble too much.... Rant Over. 🧘‍♂️ It's been one of those weeks...

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Went to a Searay fix a fuel sender, turned into a network nightmare. Still fighting it, had 2 people on it all week. Yea for me…

Status
Not open for further replies.