NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
picture.php

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Emissions compliant tuning is far greater than what you guys think, these tuners are just keeping the system intact. To be legal, the calibration must pass / be verified by all the EPA tests.

Don't kid yourself into thinking it would pass a true emissions certification test just because it doesn't smoke. The Nox levels can be through the roof from a mild bump in timing.

X2.

Look at Volkswagen and see how long they fooled everyone lol

PPEI tunes passed EPA certification.

bmc1025

Jan 25, 2013
Big Bone, KY
I’m not trying to start a pissing contest here but... that’s where in my opinion you’re wrong. What’s so clean about producing more chemicals in a factory? What’s so clean about lines of Semi’s going down the road bellowing white smoke out for miles burning off contaminants with raw fuel? You can keep a diesel clean with no emissions crap on it. Sure it takes a little more time... but it’s very doable. The cleaner the truck burns the more efficiently it’s burning the fuel I.e. it’s burning what you’re putting in and not wasting it. There you go. Clean Diesel. Emissions is just bandaid on top of bandaid on top of bandaid.

No pissing contest here... I may come off as opinionated but it is just because I am to lazy to type all the PC crap like: (IMOP, I Feel, etc.) that stops people from getting but hurt.

As someone else said there is more to it than the soot you can see. NOx emissions supposedly cause all kinds of respiratory issues.

I am a firm believer in new vehicles having emissions equipment, that being said I also believe we should be able to do whatever the hell we want with them once we own them. Trying to keep these emissions devices intact and still having fun with more power, due to advanced tuning strategies is a good thing. Once the devices start becoming problematic, pitch them.

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Anyone/anything that doesn't have a CARB EO#...

So far seems to be quite the opposite, Rob was very big on emissions compliant tuning and I bet that's what pissed off the EPA the most

The EPA's motto is pretty much "if it's not stock it shouldn't pass emissions"

BoiseRob

Oct 12, 2007
So far seems to be quite the opposite, Rob was very big on emissions compliant tuning and I bet that's what pissed off the EPA the most

The EPA's motto is pretty much "if it's not stock it shouldn't pass emissions"

EFILive never had a CARB EO#...

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Honestly, none of the last two pages of posts really matters. The gov't (EPA) is going to do what they want, to hell with logic or sense. We could all write our congressmen complaining about diesels being unfairly "targeted" and it would simply fall on deaf ears.

Somehow, one of the good guys in this hobby got into the govt's crosshairs and we all know the rest.
After PM'ing back and forth with Rob, I realized that he is at peace with what happened. We probably should be, too.

Columbus450

Aug 24, 2017
Louisiana
Well that's good he is at peace with it all ...but why should we be?
That's exactly what they want , for us to mindlessly heed to everything they say an go with the grain instead of against. Even though WE Know what they're doing and claiming is wrong I mean it's not like anything we say will make a difference or change their minds anyway just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firefightkev

May 30, 2014
Central Florida
Honestly, none of the last two pages of posts really matters. The gov't (EPA) is going to do what they want, to hell with logic or sense. We could all write our congressmen complaining about diesels being unfairly "targeted" and it would simply fall on deaf ears.

Somehow, one of the good guys in this hobby got into the govt's crosshairs and we all know the rest.
After PM'ing back and forth with Rob, I realized that he is at peace with what happened. We probably should be, too.

This is probably the pest post i have read. Wish him and his family well then move on. I'm sure this hurts him in a big way. I dont know him personally but I do wish him well because this was probably the back bone of his business.

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Well that's good he is at peace with it all ...but why should we be?
That's exactly what they want , for us to mindlessly heed to everything they say an go with the grain instead of against. Even though WE Know what they're doing and claiming is wrong I mean it's not like anything we say will make a difference or change their minds anyway just saying.

You don't have to be at peace with it, if you've deleted emissions before or even modified a vehicle against govt regulations in any way then you're doing what's called sticking it to the man, that's as far as you're going to get but imo it's a small victory.

beach_33

Feb 18, 2008
des moines, IA
I mean there’s nothing saying that a guy can’t show up at a buddies place with a few cases of beer and a bottle of nice whisky just to hang out and maybe talk about tuning a little bit and maybe load a tune in and show a couple of tuning tricks

Mar 28, 2015
Blue Springs, MO
Hot rodders have been ignoring regulations since regulations have been put in place. Loud exhaust is outlawed most places but I still have plenty of cars rattling my windows on a daily basis. I for one would love to learn how to tune just for myself. I don't plan to race or anything but I have always wanted to see how its done.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I guess if you like smacking your head against a wall, then go ahead and do it.....

There’s a difference in between being at peace with something in sticking your head in the sand about the government doing something wrong.

I’m at peace with Rob‘s decision. Hell it’s his business he could close the doors tomorrow. What I want to know is how this came about? Like you said he was one of the better guys in the industry. Why are they going after him and not these idiots out there still selling smoke tunes and make TV shows about it. That isn’t it right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk