Are things ever going to get better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vrabel

TOYAHOLIC
May 22, 2008
Hewitt, NJ
When's the light gonna show at the end of the tunnel? or is the bulb burned out? I'm a union tin knocker. I've worked about 10 months the last 3yrs. had to cancel my cell today. And if it dosen't get better soon, looks like the truck's going too. :(

Last edited:

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Keep the faith brother things will work out for you. I have had a rougher time with my work over the last two years myself.

DmaxHawk

Ranch with my Salad
Oct 28, 2008
the 575
Keep the faith brother things will work out for you. I have had a rougher time with my work over the last two years myself.

X2

Hopefully they'll start turning around this year with new elections coming up (dont want to get political). We have an electrical contracting business in L.A. and haven't had work there in over a year. We were forced to bring all of our trucks here to NM and just park them. Kickass collection of heavy duty oilburners though..:rolleyes:

But in short, it'll pass just like it has before.

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
I hear ya man.

Im a union pipefitter and have been laid off since last march.:eek:

Had worked steady for 9 years.

Ive been looking for other jobs, theres not a lot out there unless you want burger king:mad:

770JOHNNYW

Sep 16, 2009
Gainesville ,Ga
X2

Hopefully they'll start turning around this year with new elections coming up (dont want to get political). We have an electrical contracting business in L.A. and haven't had work there in over a year. We were forced to bring all of our trucks here to NM and just park them. Kickass collection of heavy duty oilburners though..:rolleyes:

But in short, it'll pass just like it has before.

x2...were only 15 days into the new year i thinks its gonna turn around for everybody:thumb:

Vrabel

TOYAHOLIC
May 22, 2008
Hewitt, NJ
not even that here. I'm gonna go for a CDL-A license to widen my opportunities. Might be a waste, but I guess it wont hurt to try.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
I'm going into the medical field for these reasons. But as other people said it will pass. I just think of what my 85 year old grandmother has gone through and it humbles me every time

jraymer

<--Tree Hugger
Oct 31, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
not even that here. I'm gonna go for a CDL-A license to widen my opportunities. Might be a waste, but I guess it wont hurt to try.

YA I have my CDL and have been unemployed for almost a year. Vegas is a ghost town and heavy construction, which I used to do took a huge dump. I don't want to drive over the road but that may be my only choice here soon.

Vrabel

TOYAHOLIC
May 22, 2008
Hewitt, NJ
I'm going into the medical field for these reasons. But as other people said it will pass. I just think of what my 85 year old grandmother has gone through and it humbles me every time

Doing what? Stupid me never kept my EMT up. could've tried a paramedic or transport co

maine04max

Dec 11, 2008
damn Tony ....... nothing like making me feel even worse about work ..... I certainly hope we are not in for another 18 - 24 months of this crap

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
damn Tony ....... nothing like making me feel even worse about work ..... I certainly hope we are not in for another 18 - 24 months of this crap

I have two words for you,

JIMMY CARTER...........:eek:

He had four years to screw it up, remember the misery index, 18% inflation, double digit unemployment, weak on national defense.

This is CARTER II.

:(

RKTMech

Idiot with a wrench
Aug 18, 2008
The Norco's
I like to consider myself an optimist too but if you guys that have been hurting for long periods of time are waiting on someone else to help you out of your situation......come-on! :hug: Get out there and make it happen, change what you do, apply your skills else where, always learn something new if you can, something......you guys are smart f-er's, turn it around! :thumb:

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
If it ain't slow enough already I got called for jury duty starting tuesday. cant schedule any work for 2 weeks!
already lost over a thousand in work because I couldn't guarantee a day for them.

15 percent unemployed in this state and the self employed have to lose work for jury duty.

Last edited:

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
I like to consider myself an optimist too but if you guys that have been hurting for long periods of time are waiting on someone else to help you out of your situation......come-on! :hug: Get out there and make it happen, change what you do, apply your skills else where, always learn something new if you can, something......you guys are smart f-er's, turn it around! :thumb:

X2^^ Theres still work out there if your willing and able to make it happen. As a small buisness owner myself "We" as a buisness had to adapt to the current economy to stay busy in slower economic times. I personally think thing's are going to be a little more $$promising$$ this year then the last 2, but my glass is generaly half full.:) Diversity is key:thumb:

Last edited:

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
I was laid off over a year ago. What sucks is I cant find anything that I actually went to school and paid dearly for. I have a few things going that keep me afloat but nothing good or permanent. Also sucked selling everything I had payments on except the truck. Hopefully things will get better and I/we can find some good work and get back on track making money and saving again.

Vrabel

TOYAHOLIC
May 22, 2008
Hewitt, NJ
picture.php
This might be for sale soon. :(

JMK777

16's, but i keep em clean
Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
Im in CA bay area (local 104 sheet metal workers) we are geting a rise in work. Iv bin getings 40's for about a month solid now. new construction hospital work is off the charts right now I can think of 6 and 3 of them are still in the dirt. travle card?

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
I am an accountant. I left a nice CPA job to go into the private industry. I specialize in construction and I decided in 2007 to go to one of my clients. Good time to do that huh :(. Thankfully I still have a job but I am holding my breath we keep getting some work here and there to keep going. We are about 1/2 our normal workforce and the local pipefitters union has enough guys on the bench they are not accepting a first year class. First time in a long time that has happened.

Vrabel

TOYAHOLIC
May 22, 2008
Hewitt, NJ
Im in CA bay area (local 104 sheet metal workers) we are geting a rise in work. Iv bin getings 40's for about a month solid now. new construction hospital work is off the charts right now I can think of 6 and 3 of them are still in the dirt. travle card?

You find me a place to stay, I'll get a travel card tues. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.