almost made it

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Just wanted to give everyone here who has helped me over the years a big thank you.

Raced the truck last night at a diesel event here in az. Ran brackets at a 11.25 dial. Made 8 passes total and broke out in the semi finals. Blew both up pipe bellows on the remote kit so decided to pull the engine out today.

The budget built engine paid off for me and it made 291 1/4 mile passes, few hundred lbs of nitrous ran through it and 14k miles of street abuse. Took everything I could throw at it and hung in there.
Without the people here and the knowledge I have learned that wouldn't have been possible for me to do what I did.

I started working for the railroad in January and it's looking like I'm going to be spending some time in Nebraska here shortly so the truck stuff is on permanent hold. I've started thinking of a new build but that's later on down the road when I have the time to get it started.

Pulled the engine out of the truck today, all 8 pistons showed early signs of melting around the bowl, but everything else looked normal. I was not easy on this motor and have nothing to be upset about.
10.57 was best ET, 108.8 best 1/8th and best trap ever was 137.88. Had an awesome time since the engine went in and had lots of help doing so from the members here. :woott::woott:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Pretty sweet Brian:thumb: You and Trent beat the piss out of those budget builds and they held for what was needed. Don't always have to have the best of everything they can break to...

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Pretty sweet Brian:thumb: You and Trent beat the piss out of those budget builds and they held for what was needed. Don't always have to have the best of everything they can break to...

It always appeared to me that those big expensive builds from shops like Socal diesel and such that had tons of little extra crap broke way prematurely. Where as the very basic budget builds were no more or less prone to uncommon big failures. Sure was an impressive little build big guy :D

1SloLMM

Oct 25, 2014
Sioux City, IA
Where will you be working out of in NE? If your going to be in Lincoln or omaha you should bring your truck with and hook up with the guys at Husker Diesel. Justin Hyatt just put down 1457 on fuel with his new twin setup at No Zones Dyno event

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
congrats brian! now to go bigger and faster :D

soon as i get this project out of my garage ill change that "permanent hold" status for ya :happy2:

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Where will you be working out of in NE? If your going to be in Lincoln or omaha you should bring your truck with and hook up with the guys at Husker Diesel. Justin Hyatt just put down 1457 on fuel with his new twin setup at No Zones Dyno event

I met the husker guy's last week before the event and will say they are some of the coolest guys I've met. Super laid back and down to earth.

Also congrats Brian on the build, looking forward to see it in the future back together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Thanks guys. It will most likely be Alliance NE. The truck will be staying in AZ. I just bought a new toyhauler so engine build will have to wait.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I met the husker guy's last week before the event and will say they are some of the coolest guys I've met. Super laid back and down to earth.

Also congrats Brian on the build, looking forward to see it in the future back together.

Any of them have a granite blue lbz? One of the guys that works there has my old truck..

Brian are you headed to alliance Nebraska? If so I'm sorry..

cstephens93

Oct 13, 2014
Tallahassee, FL
It always appeared to me that those big expensive builds from shops like Socal diesel and such that had tons of little extra crap broke way prematurely. Where as the very basic budget builds were no more or less prone to uncommon big failures. Sure was an impressive little build big guy :D

Posts like this make me wonder what I can get away with on a budget build too haha

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Posts like this make me wonder what I can get away with on a budget build too haha

alot has to do with not pushing your luck. depending on your needs, it may be just fine for you. my budget build has been great for the last 3 years but i also dont pound on it on my race tune all the time. brian went into that motor knowing the weaknesses and knowing it may come out sooner than later, it just happen to hold up damn well for him :D

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
Just wanted to give everyone here who has helped me over the years a big thank you.

Raced the truck last night at a diesel event here in az. Ran brackets at a 11.25 dial. Made 8 passes total and broke out in the semi finals. Blew both up pipe bellows on the remote kit so decided to pull the engine out today.

The budget built engine paid off for me and it made 291 1/4 mile passes, few hundred lbs of nitrous ran through it and 14k miles of street abuse. Took everything I could throw at it and hung in there.
Without the people here and the knowledge I have learned that wouldn't have been possible for me to do what I did.

I started working for the railroad in January and it's looking like I'm going to be spending some time in Nebraska here shortly so the truck stuff is on permanent hold. I've started thinking of a new build but that's later on down the road when I have the time to get it started.

Pulled the engine out of the truck today, all 8 pistons showed early signs of melting around the bowl, but everything else looked normal. I was not easy on this motor and have nothing to be upset about.
10.57 was best ET, 108.8 best 1/8th and best trap ever was 137.88. Had an awesome time since the engine went in and had lots of help doing so from the members here. :woott::woott:

Hell of a job buddy! I remember battling back & forth with stock chargers, quite a ways you have come since then. I would get fired up getting texts from ya on track nights hearing what your times were, almost like it was my truck running them. Always wished you the best and its nice to someone set goals and reach them. Good luck on the next one and cant wait to see it go 9s. :thumb:

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Good to hear all went well with it. I know you put in a massive amount of effort to build your truck right and it sure did pay off for you, and in the end thats all anyone could ask for. As we say in the south, Pretty work buddy...:)

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Haha yeah I remember that Chris. Those were the days I miss. Had a lot of fun back then. If I knew back then what I have done I would have laughed, opportunities arose and I ran with it. Time for a little break and let those arizona dodge guys catch up to my times :roflmao: