Air Dog-II-165

Who has been screwed

• Total voters

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
This thread and the Poll sucks, wasted read. My eyes are tired and I think I have a stomach ache or I have to take a poop therefore just in case I will print this thread out so I'll have something worthy of wiping my ass with!

I'm going on the record and saying that I do believe Tony didn't send in the warranty card because it wasn't his pump it was his brothers and his brother didn't bother to mail it in.

IMO all this Lifetime Warranty ,limited or not,is a crock. If a manufacture offers it they should regardless warranty it. The ONLY exception is if you are NOT the original purchaser. But that is easily taken care of if you have the original receipt! So again IMO if that is the case then all the information for the "Proof of Purchase" should be obtained by any reputable vendor and submitted at the time of purchase to the manufacture. Then any time warranty coverage is submitted then the info is right there on file. Just like all the China crap you buy at Autozone and Advanced Auto. Sure would save a lot of time effort and money unless your trying to keep the US Postal Service going with your postcards!

I do like the fact that these pumps are made with all United States of America parts that would entice me to buy one over any other pump that is for-sure.

So Tony or is Anthony man up since you received your new motor for your brothers pump that neither of you sent in the Proof of Purchase postcard and say thanks! :D

mtl_dmax

Dec 7, 2010
Eastern Canada
3. I think you would be VERY surprised of how very few actually send in their card.
You will be surprised again at how many send it in with just their name on it.
Then another time on how many don't send the receipt.
When this happens we don't just throw them away. If you send in a card with no receipt. It still gets filed.
When you don't fill the card out but send the receipt with the card. It still gets filed.

After reading this it sounds more like a rebate than a warranty (ie using probability to limit costs). It works for a while, but eventually people shy away because they've been burned and will purchase differently the next go around because of it. I understand you have adopted a certain policy and can parse words all you want, but if you start getting bad PR from it, it may be worth revisiting again. Just my $0.02 though.

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
My Airdog hasn't worked properly from day 1. I tried to get it fixed, but was prompted to buy a replacement part close to $200. Fck that.

Now I'm pretty easy going, and I'm not going to fight on the phone with a company that doesnt give one fck about me. That kind of shit will make you want to jump off a cliff.

My pump still sounds like shit and barely holds 2psi at full throttle. My next pump won't be an Airdog...probably not even a FASS since it is so similar and reminds me of this sh1tbox pump I have now. :rolleyes:

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Isn't the airdog a spin off of the fass pump filter setup when dad and son went to war and they split up and formed separate company's or am I thinking of someone else?

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
Just an FYI, the replacement pump did arrive a few days after my initial contact with Air Dog.

I would have to double check, but I do not think a replacement warranty card was included in the box......although it was triple sealed in plastic.

As far as saying thanks, I am not sure that is the proper response at this time.

I am happy that Air Dog stepped up and replaced the pump. I am not thankful that I had to do what I did to get them to honor the warranty regardless of the warranty card being on file or not as I had all the proof I needed with my purchase receipt.

I think if you have a record of who, when and where you purchased a pump then that was all that I should have needed to get a replacement.

If I bought direct, through a reseller, or received as a gift, somewhere there is a record of the sale.

But I guess it's easier to hide behind a green warranty card then do the right thing.............:confused:

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Glad I saw this even though it's old... So what happens when a shop installs a pump, and the pump fails before the customer has their truck back?? I installed an Ad100 purchased new from alligator. The pump was installed the same way we have done numerous units. The pump started to blow the main fuse within two days of getting everything on the truck buttoned up. I called AD twice in one day, was transferred, waited on hold forever and finally hung up. The second call the same day, I left a very detailed message with the issue and return number along with shop address... No return call!! Two days later, same runaround waited on hold, ended up hanging up, calling back and asked for a voicemail. I left the same detailed message with all the same info as the day before, no return call! It finally came down to my customer headed my way to pick his truck up. I ended up tearing his AD100 apart (windings were somoked, oil in motor, and smelled like burnt windings), and used the motor off my trucks AD165 to get him up and running. I let the customer know, and told him to send the card in ASAP... I will have him call to see if it was recieved as of yet, it's been two weeks.. I'm still out a motor, and can post pics if needed, since nobody feels like returning calls.

nexrace

Jul 13, 2013
so what happened to this? Did everyone just give up on the warranty? Is everyone happy? I am in the process of deciding which direction to go & would like to know if the warranty is bogus or not.

Max Attitude

11SIX
Mar 7, 2012
Caledonia, MI
Warranty or not, all I seem to read about on forums or Facebook diesel pages is the pumps are always going out. Why even bother unless it's reliable? There are enough maintenance items already, don't need to add another.

shawn's diesel

Dec 25, 2014
Colorado
The motor on my AirDog II 165 went out within 10 months of having it. I forgot to send in the warranty card. Called them. They said it was covered under the one year warranty and sent me a new motor. Now I'm SOL.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
My old airdog motor gave some trouble, I cleaned it and its running ok now but they sent a new motor no questions asked. Very easy to work with for me.

My pump was 4years old

Nightlb7

Aug 12, 2013
Maryland
I installed a air dog 165 on my truck about 6 years ago and the pump went out last summer on a Sunday night so i called air dog Monday morning and I had a new pump Wednesday with no hassle or charge to me, also a customer of mine has the same pump on his pulling truck and it has been leaking since we installed it, called them up and sent him a reseal kit

03 2500hd lb7, ccsb, robs stock trans tunes, Airdog 165, profab intake horn, 4in straight piped, ppe gauges, cognito control arms and braces, banks big head waste gate, batmowheel in the stock IHI, built trans by dipper with PercisionML convertor, built engine coming soon :)

willards lbz

Dec 30, 2012
ontario, canada
FWIW I purchased a used adII 165, after about 2 years the pump died. I called pureflow and I purchased anew tower motor assembly for something close to 200$ and it came witha new warranty card which I filled out and sent back. I've used the warranty since then and it was the most painless experience I've ever had while dealing with a warranty claim. They shipped me the new pump tower assembly within 2 days I had it in my hands and no charge to me. That's shipped to canada with border fees and shipping all covered in less than half of a week. I think their customer service is among the best I've dealt with. I think a lot of guys forget the card and then when the pump goes south they get pissed off and try to hold the company hostage by bad mouthing them on the public forums. That may have worked for some, probably a lot actually. Now it seems people try it all the time. If that green card isn't worth your time and money then don't bitch about buying a new pump. The airdog works great for me and it actually fits nicely hidden away on my truck and not dragging on the dead furrows when I cross a plowed field! I'm not saying this directed at anyone in particular just throwing my experience with them into the ring. I always see the negative comments on the forums but rarely do I see the good story's which probably far outnumber the complaints.