Air Dog-II-165

Who has been screwed

• Total voters

duramax hd

Feb 27, 2009
CT
It sounds like a lot of you guys are getting the run around. I wish I knew who I spoke with when I was having an install issue. It was the owner of airdog I believe? He even sent me directions for the dodge cummins install intructions as he appreently wanted my opinion on how they were written as I complained about the original intrustions being shit. Unless customer service has gone downhill (I hope and wish it didnt) im sure you will get it worked out. Sucks though. Kyle, were the hell are you!

1953drtelco

Feb 24, 2010
Riverside, CA
Think im gonna send mine certified with signature required and return receipt. lol Gonna make a copy for myself and heck even might send them an email so they have an electronic copy. haha

Good practice to send certified/signature required on all important documents.

Well I can tell you one thing for sure, I'm not going to purchase a lift pump from Airdog.....

Looks like I'll be going with Kennedy or TTS lift pumps....

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Did you guys who are having/have had warranty issues completely fill out your warranty card? I just read this post on CompD.

Warranty cards are being sent in not filled out or partially filled out. From today [10/26/2010] forward. Just putting your name or just putting the serial number on the card is not acceptable and will be thrown away and you WILL NOT have a warranty. We offer a lifetime warranty and all that is needed is Serial number, name, address, phone, and who/when you purchased it. Providing us with just a serial number tells us nothing. Or just signing it at the bottom tells us nothing. And sending them in blank for us to fill out for you with your info from your shipping label won't be done. They will immediately be thrown in the trash. We work very hard and bend over backwards to help out on warranty. Policy is policy now. So take 30 seconds and fill your warranty card out please. Because we will not be making anymore exceptions. Thanks

Anthony Reams
PureFlow AirDog

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Yes they did replace my pump and even upgraded for me but it took way to much time to make it happen. More than a month but then it was sent to me over night. I guess they must be to busy to take care of customers in a timely manner.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
I called Air Dog today, they tried to get me to speak with Josh, I REFUSED.

I then asked to speak to the owner and got a VM Box for Jason, left a very descriptive message that I am sure made his day !

He called back 1/2 later to speak to me. He asked me if Tech Dept walked me through the pump diagnostics, I explained to Jason that it blows fuses immediately and smells like it's burnt up from 12" away and I didn't think asking me to diagnose something I knew was no good was a good use off my time !

Then he was very understanding once I "explained" everything to him.

He is sending me out a replacement pump.

Just wondering how many warranty cards get thrown out "just because"......:confused:.....and as far as warranty cards are concerned it's a bunch of bullshit if you ask me, They know what pump was sent out when and to who if you buy it personally, and if you buy through a vendor/reseller you have a CC receipt/Pay-Pal transaction, UPS or FED-EX shipping proof and a way to prove you bought it and when.

So IMHO it should not make any f'ing difference if you sent that stupid card in or not as many have sent it in and Air Dog claims no receipt of the card anyway,

WTF ???

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
OK, I just got back into the office and got your VM Anthony. I was away all last week doing training.

First, dicussing the issue rather than making threats will get you alot farther when trying to resolve a problem. I can tell you that if I did get to speak with you before you spoke with Jason I wouldn't have replaced the unit just based on your voice mail you left me.

As for the warranty cards. This always seems to be a topic of discussion. I will simply copy my response from another forum as to save myself the keystrokes.

As for warranty cards, I can assure you 1000% that any card that we receive, that is filled out, gets filed into our system. We would never say we didn't get it just to avoid taking care of a customer. We do our best to check every place possible for the warranty cards before we say it's not on file, morning hours I don't even like saying it's not on file, however if it's not, it's not. I'm sorry if we never received your card and we would never say you didn't send it but we can only do so much. We do even give a bit of a grace period if it's over a year, however 2-3 months past the 1yr is a bit much for us to cover. Heck look at the warranty on your truck, if you're 500 miles over and your trans goes out they do nothing for you. We are working towards a new system that will enable you to register online so hopefully we can avoid issues like this in the future. It's just tough designing a system that will only allow you to register for 30 days after your purchase.

As for verifying that we received the card, with the hundreds of cards we get a week it's virtually impossible to be able to send out a mailer to say we received it. I normally suggest that people send the card in then call a week later to make sure we got it. If we didn't receive it then we will gladly send you out a new one providing it's around the 30 day policy. We are always willing to work with people, however, there is only so much we can do without completely debunking our warranty system and procedures.

Please if anyone has any problems or questions feel free to call or email me and i'll do my best to get you taken care of.

Forever

This 1 time, at band camp
Jan 4, 2009
Utah
Strange so many have had problems. If I ever have a problem, I sure hope they stand behind it.

travistim_69

USMC diesel Mechanic
Jul 22, 2009
Oceanside Ca./ from Juneau Ak.
Hmm I don't know sounds like so many problems and I really hate when companys give you the run around on customer service. I used to own a small bussiness and making your customers happy should be your number one concern. Looks like I will be looking into a different lift pump.

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
We have no problem taking care of an issue as long as we either have your warranty card on file or the unit is under a year old and you can provide proof of purchase. Beyond that we are will to work with people so long as you are willing to work with us.

As to the earlier comment on us knowing where every unit goes, we don't. We know what serial number was made for a particular kit and the date it was made but that is the extent. We used to keep track of where they went however we have so many people carrying our product and the majority of them didn't buy direct from us, therefore it was pointless to see where they went.

I can assure you guys that people don't get the run around. Just because we ask for proof of purchase or check for a warranty card doesn't mean you are getting the run around. Believe me I would love not to have the "we don't have the card on file" discussion however the fact still remains that either the card didn't get sent in or we never got it.

If i'm sending in a piece of paper that is worth a lifetime warranty I know i'd either be calling to verify it's received or sending it certified mail.

Last edited:

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT
I have the same experience. My buddy bought the ad 150, a couple of months later it takes a shit on him and they replace it. Has it on his truck for a month and trades me for a centerlink. I put it on my truck, it lasts for like 3 months and motor smells burnt up. I have my buddy call them, they say no, and and sells him a motor with pump head. 2 bills later its fixed. What I want to know is why the ad can't keep up with fuel demand. From 16psi, it drops to 3 psi at wot. Anyways why would it matter if it were 5 ys old or a month old? Lifetime warranty is lifetime

BHoward6.6

West Coast
Feb 9, 2011
Huntington Beach, CA
In general, the spirit behind product registration cards for honorable companies is if the buyer loses his or her receipt the manufacture has a record of who bought it. Then you have companies like air-dog who use it to deny warranty claims to help the bottom line. Which in the state of CA is illegal.

California Civil Code § 1793.1(a)(1) requires a warranty or product registration card to contain a statement that failure to complete and return the card does not diminish a consumer’s warranty rights. 1793.1. (1) Every manufacturer, distributor, or retailer making express warranties with respect to consumer goods shall fully set forth those warranties in simple and readily understood language, which shall clearly identify the party making the express warranties, and which shall conform to the federal standards for disclosure of warranty terms and conditions set forth in the federal Magnuson-Moss Warranty-Federal Trade Commission Improvement Act (15 U.S.C. Sec. 2301 et seq.), and in the regulati/ns of the Federal Trade Commission adopted pursuant to the provisions of that act. If the manufacturer, distributor, or retailer provides a warranty or product registration card or form, or an electronic online warranty or product registration form, to be completed and returned by the consumer, the card or form shall contain statements, each displayed in a clear and conspicuous manner, that do all of the following:
(A) Informs the consumer that the card or form is for product registration.
(B) Informs the consumer that failure to complete and return the card or form does not diminish his or her warranty rights.
(b) No warranty or product registration card or form, or an electronic online warranty or product registration form, may be labeled as a warranty registration or a warranty confirmation.
You do not have to complete and return the cards to enjoy your warranty rights. Just keep a copy of the sales receipt.

In the state of CA, if you say it has a life time warranty, then it has a life time warranty, card or no card.
When I spoke with you Kyle, I stated I had the original receipt, a copy of the properly filled out and sent warranty card, I even told you that the owner of the store I bought it from would call you and verify this. When I gave you the serial # you stated that it was manufactured Nov. 2009 and I bought it Dec 2009. It is obvious even to you I am the original purchaser of this air-dog.
But still you told me the best you can do was sell me a $189 motor.

Their is only one reason for this and it just bad customer service. A little common sense would go a long way with you guys.

bartman432

Nov 4, 2011
OMG Bhoward......it appears common sense went out the door completely. Besides the warranty issue, looks like they should be looking at the root of the problem, i.e. failures of their motors with little time/miles on them. Maybe they are being manufactured by a 12 year old, in a sweatshop in Thailand.

Dec 2, 2006
TN
I never had a problem with my Airdog. PPE pumps suck, AirDogs are hit and miss it seems..my buddy put one on over the weekend that was DOA.

Shitty way to do business if you ask me.

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
OK, I just got back into the office and got your VM Anthony. I was away all last week doing training.

First, dicussing the issue rather than making threats will get you alot farther when trying to resolve a problem. I can tell you that if I did get to speak with you before you spoke with Jason I wouldn't have replaced the unit just based on your voice mail you left me.

As for the warranty cards. This always seems to be a topic of discussion. I will simply copy my response from another forum as to save myself the keystrokes.

As for warranty cards, I can assure you 1000% that any card that we receive, that is filled out, gets filed into our system. We would never say we didn't get it just to avoid taking care of a customer. We do our best to check every place possible for the warranty cards before we say it's not on file, morning hours I don't even like saying it's not on file, however if it's not, it's not. I'm sorry if we never received your card and we would never say you didn't send it but we can only do so much. We do even give a bit of a grace period if it's over a year, however 2-3 months past the 1yr is a bit much for us to cover. Heck look at the warranty on your truck, if you're 500 miles over and your trans goes out they do nothing for you. We are working towards a new system that will enable you to register online so hopefully we can avoid issues like this in the future. It's just tough designing a system that will only allow you to register for 30 days after your purchase.

As for verifying that we received the card, with the hundreds of cards we get a week it's virtually impossible to be able to send out a mailer to say we received it. I normally suggest that people send the card in then call a week later to make sure we got it. If we didn't receive it then we will gladly send you out a new one providing it's around the 30 day policy. We are always willing to work with people, however, there is only so much we can do without completely debunking our warranty system and procedures.

Please if anyone has any problems or questions feel free to call or email me and i'll do my best to get you taken care of.

Kyle,

I tried to discuss the issue, with Josh and he didn't seem helpful, in fact he was less than helpful !

Just so we are clear, the pump was purchased new, I had the receipt, it was clear on the receipt that the drop ship was to me, not a reseller, to me, at my address, the dates, SN#, order#, etc all matched up and FYI was not installed the day it was received, in fact it sat around for probably 4 months before we installed it.

It worked for about 2 months and quit, blew fuses every time one was put in, and since it was the middle of winter we let it ride, it wasn't a big deal to change it out right away, or so I thought.

I wasn't worried about getting it replaced because I thought it had a "LIFETIME WARRANTY" so I figured I had a little time left in my "LIFETIME" to replace it !!!

I called to speak to you, I got Josh, he flat out refused to listen to any reason, then put me on hold in an attempt to leave me on hold for however long which I don't have time to waste with that childish bullshit.

I then called back and spoke to Jessica and told her of my displeasure as well as what I felt was a "run-a-round" from Josh, so I asked for your VM, which you got my message, sorry your feelings got hurt, man up, if you stood behind your lifetime warranty maybe you would avoid messages like I left for you, I guess the truth hurts sometimes............:thumb:

I asked to speak to Jason the next day, he got a VM as well, if you think I was kidding I wasn't, class action suits for pulling shit like not honoring a warranty is serious, and I bet there are enough people who have been DENIED the WARRANTY to qualify.

So my advice to you, your company is this, either honor the warranty policy without bullshit or change the warranty to one year and be done with it.

Or make your pumps last longer and you won't have to warranty so many.

BTW, it showed up today, do you need the old one back ???

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
We have no problem taking care of an issue as long as we either have your warranty card on file or the unit is under a year old and you can provide proof of purchase. Beyond that we are will to work with people so long as you are willing to work with us.

As to the earlier comment on us knowing where every unit goes, we don't. We know what serial number was made for a particular kit and the date it was made but that is the extent. We used to keep track of where they went however we have so many people carrying our product and the majority of them didn't buy direct from us, therefore it was pointless to see where they went.

I can assure you guys that people don't get the run around. Just because we ask for proof of purchase or check for a warranty card doesn't mean you are getting the run around. Believe me I would love not to have the "we don't have the card on file" discussion however the fact still remains that either the card didn't get sent in or we never got it.

If i'm sending in a piece of paper that is worth a lifetime warranty I know i'd either be calling to verify it's received or sending it certified mail.

So when is under a year old "A LIFETIME" ?........:mad:

WTF ????.............:rolleyes:

So if someone has a certified receipt as proof and you still deny the warranty because you claim to have not received it then what ??? Are they shit out of luck ???

You better get your story straight, until the original purchaser's life ends that pump should be under warranty, unless "LIFETIME" isn't really "LIFETIME".............:roflmao:

BHoward6.6

West Coast
Feb 9, 2011
Huntington Beach, CA
Funny post from Kyle on DP.

"Kyle from Airdog here!
Hello again! Kyle now from Airdog here (obviously). I know alot of you guys are running our kits and i'm sorry its taken so long for us to get over here, we're going to be looking into signing up as a sponsor today.

I just wanted to get on here first though and let everyone know that if they have any issues, concerns or just general sales questions to please give us a call.

I understand that we have had some growing pains and issues with customer service here within the past few months and now that i'm on board I can assure you that that will not be a problem anymore. I will have all of my contact info posted in my sig so i can be contacted at any time.

Thanks
kyle "

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
Funny post from Kyle on DP.

"Kyle from Airdog here!
Hello again! Kyle now from Airdog here (obviously). I know alot of you guys are running our kits and i'm sorry its taken so long for us to get over here, we're going to be looking into signing up as a sponsor today.

I know we suck at warranty service and I am here for damage control before everyone jumps ship and goes to FASS because our "Lifetime Warranty" is only for the first year and if you sent your warranty card in and if you have the receipt !!!

I just wanted to get on here first though and let everyone know that if they have any issues, concerns or just general sales questions to please give us a call.

We will then treat you like a TSA inspector after you refused the backscatter scan.

I understand that we have had some growing pains and issues with customer service here within the past few months and now that i'm on board I can assure you that that will not be a problem anymore. I will have all of my contact info posted in my sig so i can be contacted at any time.

We know we have been trying to charge our customers for a new pump even though a "Lifetime Warranty" means longer than one year, in fact according to Merriam-Webster in means " the duration of the existence of a living being ( as a person or an animal ) or a thing ( as a star or a subatomic particle.

So as of today we are handing a definition of "LIFETIME" on a card to all of our employees explaining that we are no longer going to try to charge for a replacement pump and are actually aware that we are pissing people off by screwing them over and bad word travels fast.

Thanks
kyle "

I fixed your post for you, you left some info out.

Your Welcome in advance !

:baby:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
wow tough crowd here. I think its funny how everyone gets away with dumping on airdog over some issues with their silly little $600 fuel pump, yet I get chastised whenever I make even the slightest snide remark towards nicky duramax tuner