Tank222

Feb 17, 2010
Frederick,MD
I bought my truck with cash at 22 but who cares lol

I paid for my truck with cash money, the green stuff $100 dollar bill's y'all.

But I cashed my loan check first. HaHa.
Nothing like being question'd at the air port because your carrying a brief case full of hundred's. I even went out and bought the case just for the occasion.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill

Nothing like being question'd at the air port because your carrying a brief case full of hundred's. I even went out and bought the case just for the occasion.
:rofl: :roflmao:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006

Ever hear of a cashiers check? LOL

Akdiesel

IFS Hater
Aug 23, 2009
Fairbanks
that is awesome Tank! I didn't really pay in cash I wrote a check and still have the duplicate lol. Probably the biggest check I have/ever will write in my life

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
Paying off vehicles are easy when youve owned them for 4+ years, you guys let me know when you pay off your $170+ houses in your 20s.:rofl:

$170K houses are not to be found around here, barely find a ragged out condo for that in CT.............:eek:

I wish I could find a house for $170K......I probably could if I lived in "Da Hood !!!

I bought my 2007 with GM's 0% FREE money, threw a $5000 V-Plow on it, Westin step bars, Husky mud flaps and floor mats and let the General eat all of it for 5 years at 0% all the while my money is in the bank or invested nice and safe. I got 12 payments left.

:roflmao:

I did just pay cash for my wife's car and getting in the plane with CASH wasn't any big deal............nobody asked and I didn't offer.

Sometimes it's foolish to pay Cash when the money is interest free !

Chevmeister

Big Dooley
Dec 3, 2010
Garnet Valley, Pa
I used to make enough a year that I could of payed cash for my truck. If you take off paying for a wife that doesn't work ( by choice, and she doesn't have to), and 3 kids, plus whatever I have to do so that they have a roof over there heads. I borrowed money on my truck, it's 9 years old and I've owned it for 4. So I guess I was 26 when I owned my truck, when I was 21 I almost owned the 99 chevy 1500 that I traded on my truck(14 payments left). I can't afford to go pay cash for a new truck, but in 6 years my oldest son and me will be at the drag strip, he will be 16, and I will be young enough to still enjoy kicking his ass in the 1/4 mile.
I don't own my house either, live with my parents. In fact my name is only on the title to one truck in my sig. Guess I'll never be cool like everyone else.
To those that payed cash, and I mean green cash, weren't you nervous carrying 50k in cash. I'm sure it felt badass to have that much cash on you, but seriously, haven't you heard of wire transfers?? There reliable and most banks don't charge you.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
That is what it started out to be, I had to wait 24hr's for the bank to secure the fund's when I wanted to cash it. I really just wanted to buy my truck with cash cash. Feel's pretty bad ass too.
I think its pretty cool,this day and time cash is king and some of the banks arent worth the paper they print the check on.When people come to buy a car from me,they have to have cash if they get a loan the deal will be done at the bank and the check will be cashed before i leave.

A buddy selling his Harley got a cashiers check from a guy in the army that was over seas and he wanted the bike shipped there even paid full price.my buddy was not letting it go till the check cleared.His bank didnt catch it rite away and said it was good.......It wasnt!!!!!

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
There isnt a bank in business that would loan a 17 year old $50k for a truck!

My first truck was in my name but my dad co-signed for me cause he knew I was good for the money. After that I did everything on my own.

Just paid the Dmax off this month, last payment was due Oct of this year but I had some money saved up so I just got it over with. This is the first vehicle I have ever owned out right. All the others were traded in or sold before they were paid off.

The wife and I are trying to get debt free by the end of this year. That will be a great feeling if it happens.

FrankenMax

Mar 30, 2011
Round mountain NV
I agree no bank is going to give 17 year old kid a 50k note with out a cosigner or a huge down payment and bank account and job to boot. I think they do it because its some kind of pride thing. kind of like the drunk jersey shore douche bager wannabe at the bar who sticks his chest out thinking he's a bad a$$. I laugh because it's an amazing display of douche bagery.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
$170K houses are not to be found around here, barely find a ragged out condo for that in CT.............:eek:

I wish I could find a house for $170K......I probably could if I lived in "Da Hood !!!

I bought my 2007 with GM's 0% FREE money, threw a $5000 V-Plow on it, Westin step bars, Husky mud flaps and floor mats and let the General eat all of it for 5 years at 0% all the while my money is in the bank or invested nice and safe. I got 12 payments left.

I did just pay cash for my wife's car and getting in the plane with CASH wasn't any big deal............nobody asked and I didn't offer.

You should see the housing market here. You can get a sweet house for 170k. I'm buying a house in the next couple months and its hard to choose because there are so many houses here in the 130-140k range

Black6spdZ

Aug 7, 2009
I made sure to pay off mine before doing any serious future mods.. how so many people can do major upgrades to the bank's truck is besides me.. who holds the title? I didn't like the thought of driving the bank's property around... whether its an 11s or 14s truck

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all

Yeah, thats why im glad i live in the midwest, our income to cost of living ratio is the best. Isnt all the coasts and surrounding states the hood?:roflmao:

Id agree, when 0% interest is available, paying cash is stupid.

Jun 22, 2008
Nebraska
When you live 40mi from the nearest town and don't have another place to live it's a no brainer to live with mommy and daddy. You can laugh but I'm almost 27 and still do and will untill I get married and build a house of my own.

I've got more than most guys in their 40's but I don't go around advertising it. I have gotten what I have by hard work and good business choices :thumb:

I am 25 and bought the truck in full from the dealer in 2006 I just dont like when guys of any age talk about paying for their truck all by themselves but yet they still live with mommy and daddy. If I had no other bills my truck would be running 8s lol

BUST'EM 504

Oct 7, 2009
When you live 40mi from the nearest town and don't have another place to live it's a no brainer to live with mommy and daddy. You can laugh but I'm almost 27 and still do and will untill I get married and build a house of my own.

I've got more than most guys in their 40's but I don't go around advertising it. I have gotten what I have by hard work and good business choices :thumb:

Except your own house lol j/k :hug:

I understand different circumstances and that comment was directed to the guy whose sig states im 16 and I paid for the truck and all the mods myself.

ChevyDieselLLY

Whats A Budget???
Apr 1, 2008
MI, NC, now Hawaii
I bought my truck when I was 20 it was paid off by 22 same year I bought my house. I'm 25 now married with a 6mo old little girl. I'm more proud of the fact I'm a father then what I've paid for. But that's just me.