Advice on CP3

TopFueler

Dec 27, 2011
Sorry to hear about your issues. I would appreciate a phone call. To see what we can do to help you. We do test every pump extensively. The upgrades that we have implemented make our pumps much more bullet proof. They can still fail if enough rail pressure or RPM is experienced. The OEM pressure sender only reads up to 26,500psi. A LML pressure sender will read to 40,000psi. I do believe that monitoring actual rail pressre is a very good idea. Thanks, Brady

TopFueler

Dec 27, 2011
We have thousands of our CP3 pumps sold with great results. They have had very little problems. We have always been very honest with our customers. We send them pictures every time to show our customers why it failed. If it has failed do to our fault, we take care of any problem. If it has failed for reasons that are not our fault we still help. The upgrades were implemented for extreme conditions. Thanks

PAT

EASY DAY
Aug 21, 2011
your back yard
Sorry to hear about your issues. I would appreciate a phone call. To see what we can do to help you. We do test every pump extensively. The upgrades that we have implemented make our pumps much more bullet proof. They can still fail if enough rail pressure or RPM is experienced. The OEM pressure sender only reads up to 26,500psi. A LML pressure sender will read to 40,000psi. I do believe that monitoring actual rail pressre is a very good idea. Thanks, Brady

Well I just talked to one of your tech reps. I'm sending the pump back to y'all.

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
CP3's

Man I hate reading these treads on pumps!!! I want to run a single pump on my dragster but keep seeing this stuff and I can't be buying pumps all the time. Unlike others this deal is all on me and i'm lucky to buy parts once, twice will park me. I keep getting PM's telling me to go dauls but I want this car to look good and I don't think a 2nd pump hanging off the motor looks good. I hope it works out for all party's. Jeff

Last edited:

05chevy

Jun 10, 2010
Man I hate reading these treads on pumps!!! I want to run a single pump on my dragster but keep seeing this stuff and I can't be buying pumps all the time. Unlike others this deal is all on me and i'm lucky to buy parts once, twice will park me. I keep getting PM's telling me to go dauls but I want this car to look good and I don't thing a 2nd pump hanging off the motor looks good. I hope it works out for all party's. Jeff

Are you thinking about going with a wicked or floor it pump?

PAT

EASY DAY
Aug 21, 2011
your back yard
Man I hate reading these treads on pumps!!! I want to run a single pump on my dragster but keep seeing this stuff and I can't be buying pumps all the time. Unlike others this deal is all on me and i'm lucky to buy parts once, twice will park me. I keep getting PM's telling me to go dauls but I want this car to look good and I don't thing a 2nd pump hanging off the motor looks good. I hope it works out for all party's. Jeff

DON'T GET AN INDUSTRIAL INJECTION and you will be fine.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
I have had good luck with my II 120% pump , it has worked fine and with it being in my dual cp3 setup it always flowed plenty of fuel , it now resides in my dads truck as a single CP3 .

For any one looking at the Floor It Diesel pumps , we are a dealer for John now and IMOP he puts the most custom work into his pumps , and we are in the process of installing a few on different projects with in the next week or 2 , if any one wants pricing on Johns stuff give me a call , our website will be updated soon with pricing also .

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Johns pumps are the best. He was great to me, but it is pretty darn hard to get one. I honestly wouldn't order one from anybody unless they physically stock them on the self. He's always working in making them better... Mine had a very rare failure, think he said only 2 or so pumps failed like mine did in a longg time. Since I talked to him last, Monday, he told me he since than is upgrading that part.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Bobo

Aug 27, 2006
How could one go about aquiring one of johns pumps?
What's different in the modification process with his vs others?

He sells through a dealer network, so you can buy through a dealer. As far as how he mods pumps, that's his proprietary info. I doubt he will share it. He does damn good work, stays busy, and is always testing ways to make his pumps better.:thumb:

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
How could one go about aquiring one of johns pumps?
What's different in the modification process with his vs others?

http://extremeprejudiceracing.com/Fuel-upgrades-C188128.aspx?sid=18900

He sells through a dealer network, so you can buy through a dealer. As far as how he mods pumps, that's his proprietary info. I doubt he will share it. He does damn good work, stays busy, and is always testing ways to make his pumps better.:thumb:

X2

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
The addition of a premium grade 2 stroke oil could be a benefit if high rpm or rail pressure was expected by you. I am not saying it is a cure all but it could help!
The use of a rail pressure sender that will read up to 40,000psi would be a big help in determining what pressure you are actually seeing. The stock pressure sender is only good to 26,000-26,500psi after that it does not read anymore. The new LML pressure sender is rated for and will read up to 40,000psi. It will fit in a Cummins application as well. The Ford 6.7L Scorpion also uses a pressure sender that will read up to 40,000psi.

I have one of your 150% pumps and im happy with it so far. This post seems to illustrate Industrial Injection's pitfall: you build these pumps for high performance right? Why would you not expect the customer to use it for such? If I hear another about a failure being because of "higher pressures" im going to freak out. Thats the most assinine thing ive ever heard.

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
I have one of your 150% pumps and im happy with it so far. This post seems to illustrate Industrial Injection's pitfall: you build these pumps for high performance right? Why would you not expect the customer to use it for such? If I hear another about a failure being because of "higher pressures" im going to freak out. Thats the most assinine thing ive ever heard.

my thoughts exactly,,,,, telling them anything though you may as well be speaking to a brick wall.
In New Orleans last year I was speaking to Shane, Brady's son, about turbo's and i brought up billet wheels. He talked down to me about how stupid they were and i was too if i bought in to the hype and went on and on about how cast was as good or better yada yada yada and ranted about how stupid billet wheels were and how big of a waste of money they were and all that.
About 2 months later i believe it was they started advertising their new billet wheeled turbos :mad: