Advice on CP3

DeMax LB7

Bowtie Child
Dec 11, 2011
Rice Lake,WI
Wondering where you guys have had good luck on aftermarket pumps? Im looking for something along the lines of a 85% over CP3. I seen II has one but i have heard good and bad on them. Theres a couple other brands. Just want to see whats working and not working for you guys!

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
wicked diesel is a vendor here and his pumps have received good reviews......from what ive read.
thats who i would buy one from FWIW.

Bobo

Aug 27, 2006
I've had good Luke with II, Floor It, and Wicked. See which one can get you a pump the quickest and go. Any reason for not doing twin cp3's instead?

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
I sell II modded pumps if you need help let me know we work close with II. Also if you would like a twin cp3 setup let me know.

DeMax LB7

Bowtie Child
Dec 11, 2011
Rice Lake,WI
Well only reason reason im not rolling right into twins is i want to get one full year outta the motor at roughly 600 some. Twins will come with the bottom end. Thanks for the info on the II remans. I guess i gotta do some looking!:D

WisconsinHick1

Mar 11, 2009
Minnesota
Well only reason reason im not rolling right into twins is i want to get one full year outta the motor at roughly 600 some. Twins will come with the bottom end. Thanks for the info on the II remans. I guess i gotta do some looking!:D

Oh come on just drop the money and build the motor. Go from 400 some odd hp to 900hp its not that big of a step.

DeMax LB7

Bowtie Child
Dec 11, 2011
Rice Lake,WI
Lol! Eric im tryin to do this piece by piece so i dont do to much and try to eliminate where i went wrong at!!! Unlimited funds would really help that!! :spit:

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
I had better luck floating lead balloons then getting an II modded pump to last. Last one I sold and installed made it all of 50 miles before exploding and hosing the engine bay down with fuel. Every one that's failed also = a bigger pain in the ass getting II to warranty it. Floor it or Wicked,,, or dual stock pumps.

PAT

EASY DAY
Aug 21, 2011
your back yard
I had better luck floating lead balloons then getting an II modded pump to last. Last one I sold and installed made it all of 50 miles before exploding and hosing the engine bay down with fuel. Every one that's failed also = a bigger pain in the ass getting II to warranty it. Floor it or Wicked,,, or dual stock pumps.

Don't say that! I just installed an II 85% :(

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
AND when it explodes,, II is gonna tell you they found rust in it or it was used with a tune that raises rail pressure and that caused the failure,,,, I've heard the same worn out line time and time again.
They don't want excessive rail pressure BUT, they can't tell you what they want to see pressure wise and they don't want you to use it with pressure raising tunes yet they fail to tell you any of this when you buy the pumps. When you call for help with your exploded pump the first thing they're gonna ask is what tuning and what kinda rail you had. then they'll say that's to high and caused the failure or that you need to have your smarty or tuning set to such and such level/pressure. it's stupid really.

Schwinn68

little gearhead
Jan 9, 2008
Minooka IL
I vote dual stock pumps. They will provide all the fuel you need and they can grown with you. Someone is always selling a dual pump setup on one of the boards or just buy a new set from Henry. Two stock pumps should be a lot more reliable than one big modded one.

VeeAte

going for 10s
Dec 7, 2010
ocean springs, ms
Dual stock pumps...i wasted my money on a wicked stage 3 thats "good" for 850 hp, im around 640 and im losing rp when I try to add more fuel. Ordered II dual cp3 kit from creatures of the night.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
And I fail to realize how two stock pumps is any different then one modded pump on a stock bottom end. Full rail pressure is full rail pressure. As long as you aren't running a tune that fuels too heavy. I know people say dual fuelers kill motors but I can't see why. If you have full rail pressure on a say 200hp tune with a stock pump, how is full rail pressure on the same tune with dual fuelers any different.