Add another build to the list

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Took the day off from work. Going to pick up some 5" exhaust to tie together the down pipe with my exhaust system. Relocating the fuel filter, and finishing a bit of wiring and plumbing. The cab should be bolted down tonight. Then all that's left is the waiting game for the injectors and intercooler boots to show up!

Looks good! Who's intercooler u going with?

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Have to watch that. My cowl doesnt have any more clearance than a stock does...unless you bring out a cutting disk

Yeah I believe that. Same thing happened on our '68 Camaro. Had to cut it to fit. My buddy brought his '06 LBZ over and we checked the clearance on his hood and everything looks cherry so that'll be the route ill go

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Yeah I believe that. Same thing happened on our '68 Camaro. Had to cut it to fit. My buddy brought his '06 LBZ over and we checked the clearance on his hood and everything looks cherry so that'll be the route ill go

Good stuff! Its surprising how much hieght we have even stock

Glad its gonna work out without to much cost

1slowmax

The break is over
May 9, 2012
Sin City, NV
You where not running out of fuel though..... you should be verry happy, 10s cost a lot!

Look at casper , thats out of fuel!! Your mph shows lack of power for a 2900pw thats is a ton of fuel with 100 overs....boost leaks suck and can rob hp......but bigger sticks our not needed to rectify the issue. Just my 2 cents

Oh believe me i agree with what your saying but the added fuel is because im going with bigger cam and more air. Go big or go home right? Should be dippin the 9s this winter:woott:

I dont like running alot of pulse or pressure, i like to stay pretty conservative with the tuning and still haul azzzz

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Oh believe me i agree with what your saying but the added fuel is because im going with bigger cam and more air. Go big or go home right? Should be dippin the 9s this winter:woott:

I dont like running alot of pulse or pressure, i like to stay pretty conservative with the tuning and still haul azzzz

That is a lil contradicticing lol So why do you say u ran out of fuel? A 2900pw with 150 overs is not conservitive by any means

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Looks good! Who's intercooler u going with?

Keeping the stock one for now. The last time I pressure checked it, it held over 60psi. For now at least haha. Once the engine gets broken in and all the little adjustments are done then I'll probably look into getting an intercooler. It's an LMM turbo kit and if I had an LMM intercooler the boots would line up perfectly though. Anyone have any insight on if an LMM intercooler is bolt on in an LB7?

Looks dam good man, hope to see you on the road soon:thumb:

Hoods are over rated. Don't worry about it.

Thanks guys! It'll be cruising around northern Colorado with no hood on it for a while :D:rofl: I took most of yesterday to round up oil lines, fittings, exhaust pipe, and other small misc parts that you never think about till the last minute. Planning on pulling an all-nighter tonight. Was just informed Exergy sent my injectors out today so hopefully early next week I'll get her up and running!

1slowmax

The break is over
May 9, 2012
Sin City, NV
That is a lil contradicticing lol So why do you say u ran out of fuel? A 2900pw with 150 overs is not conservitive by any means

To me 3300us is maxxed out but what do i know. Look at the video... do you see any fuel left to burn?

Why does it even matter? Im just doing my thing and im plenty happy :thumb: 9s on my Allison very soon and ill drive it to Walmart to get some groceries.

1slowmax

The break is over
May 9, 2012
Sin City, NV
Keeping the stock one for now. The last time I pressure checked it, it held over 60psi. For now at least haha. Once the engine gets broken in and all the little adjustments are done then I'll probably look into getting an intercooler. It's an LMM turbo kit and if I had an LMM intercooler the boots would line up perfectly though. Anyone have any insight on if an LMM intercooler is bolt on in an LB7?

Thanks guys! It'll be cruising around northern Colorado with no hood on it for a while :D:rofl: I took most of yesterday to round up oil lines, fittings, exhaust pipe, and other small misc parts that you never think about till the last minute. Planning on pulling an all-nighter tonight. Was just informed Exergy sent my injectors out today so hopefully early next week I'll get her up and running!

My stock IC lasted one run and blew a hole in it. Be careful.

Excited for you to get your truck running! Down time sucks! Fresh bad ass build FTW!

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Thanks for the offer delong. But frankly I'm done until the injectors and boots show! Just cleaning and painting piddly shit right now. Cab is bolted down, wiring is done, fuel/oil/exhaust is done... Been sitting in the cab listening to music and making engine noises lol

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Right, JD haha. My dyslexia kicked in. I dynoed my Caddy when he had that big open house at his shop a few weekends back.

And I ended up not using a torque plate for the hone. I did a lot of research on it and based my decision off that. We'll see if I regret it or not. I knew if I did do a torque plate hone it probably would have had to get new pistons and I've already burned too much money as is on this damn thing.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Got my intercooler boots today. Everything works perfect. Used a boost tap pipe to help extend the LMM intake to the intercooler. Now I have hidden boost ports to use for the wastegate as well.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21372218760.750695.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21372218760.750695.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21372218760.750695.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 48