6.7 furd chip/box/programmer?

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
I am 6.7 furd illiterate. My cousin has a newer 6.7 furd and she wants a chip for it. Nothin that will hurt the trans. She just pulls her horses around. Any thoughts on the good ones?

AubleAK

Aug 5, 2011
Glennallen, AK
some one was telling me the other day that those 6.7 fords will hold 700hp and the trans and 900 in the motors bottom end.. seemed pretty extreme, but i dont know anything about those fords. anyway, my friends dad just put and H&S on his, likes it a whole lot. and my uncle has the bully dog, and he like that one alot too. the H&S has quite a bit more power though.

travistim_69

USMC diesel Mechanic
Jul 22, 2009
Oceanside Ca./ from Juneau Ak.
some one was telling me the other day that those 6.7 fords will hold 700hp and the trans and 900 in the motors bottom end.. seemed pretty extreme, but i dont know anything about those fords. anyway, my friends dad just put and H&S on his, likes it a whole lot. and my uncle has the bully dog, and he like that one alot too. the H&S has quite a bit more power though.

I have heard similar about the 6.7s being able to handle tons of power. Diesel Power Mag had something on them recently about what mods got what power and how much power they could take. Otherwise not sure what to run programer wise.

bigmackmiller

Nov 30, 2008
Kokomo, IN
Look like H&S seems to be the best option for them now but many of the guys are holding out for a SCT package from Innovative Diesel

AubleAK

Aug 5, 2011
Glennallen, AK
the guy that does my efi live tuning on my truck said H&S is a very good tuner. she could also delete the emissions junk with it also. after reading a little bit on the SCT Tuner i didnt see anything about deleting any emissions. maybe it will tho. it doesnt seem like shes looking to really increase power by 200 hp or whatever H&S claims. SCT maybe better.

gmguy

Jun 16, 2011
Nebraska
I'd leave it stock until the warranty is up. I had H&S on mine and like a dumbass didn't do the egr delete.. the egr failed and costed me almost 5k in parts and labor :eek:. Just something to think about. They have decent power stock

AubleAK

Aug 5, 2011
Glennallen, AK
I'd leave it stock until the warranty is up. I had H&S on mine and like a dumbass didn't do the egr delete.. the egr failed and costed me almost 5k in parts and labor :eek:. Just something to think about. They have decent power stock

Cant you just return the truck to stock and take it to the dealer? They wouldnt have any idea it had been tuned.

gmguy

Jun 16, 2011
Nebraska
Cant you just return the truck to stock and take it to the dealer? They wouldnt have any idea it had been tuned.

They knew it was tuned. It costed me a $5,000 dollar egr valve at 13,000 miles . This time around when the warranty is up (in 3,000 miles) its going to have an egr delete. I loved the H&S tuner though, I would recommend them to anyone

Houser04lly

Feb 27, 2011
Fort Myers, Fl
I have a buddy who has an 08 he hates his SCT tunes he got through RCD he is planning on going with Innovative Diesel . I have read and heard H&S is very safe and a very good tuner.. and Im pretty sure SCT deleted his emissions

skintback

Take this one to church
Mar 5, 2007
Florida
They knew it was tuned. It costed me a $5,000 dollar egr valve at 13,000 miles . This time around when the warranty is up (in 3,000 miles) its going to have an egr delete. I loved the H&S tuner though, I would recommend them to anyone

You really paid them 5000 for a egr replacement? WOW

gmguy

Jun 16, 2011
Nebraska
Didn't really have a choice lol my gm dealer did warranty work on my 06 with all my mods but Ford wouldn't and It even had all the emissions on it when it went to the dealer. Live and learn I guess

Taptalk

Sharks06LLY

May 15, 2010
Tampa Fl
the guy that does my efi live tuning on my truck said H&S is a very good tuner. she could also delete the emissions junk with it also. after reading a little bit on the SCT Tuner i didnt see anything about deleting any emissions. maybe it will tho. it doesnt seem like shes looking to really increase power by 200 hp or whatever H&S claims. SCT maybe better.

sct is like efi live for duramax, u can get custom tunes made and put them in the truck.

I have a buddy who has an 08 he hates his SCT tunes he got through RCD he is planning on going with Innovative Diesel . I have read and heard H&S is very safe and a very good tuner.. and Im pretty sure SCT deleted his emissions

imo i didnt like rcd when i did my tunes i went with innovative diesel and loved it though that was with a 6.slow.... also he needs to get spartan that is where it is at on the 6.4 sct isnt bad but spartan is still the best tuning for the 6.4 and he will love his truck then. not knocking sct innovative also makes awesome 6.4 tunes just have no personal experience with them

Houser04lly

Feb 27, 2011
Fort Myers, Fl
My buddy did some research and hes going with the KEM 345 tune the shifting is way better and the power is much better than the spartan so he hears .. we will see when he puts it in .. im sure im the first person he's going to try and run down .. ill let you know how is headlights look from my rearview ha