5 speed drum in a 6 speed??

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
How does one go about "earning" it? Is that meant for the purchaser or builder?I understand the builder earning a great reputation and skill to know what he's doing but for a purchasers out look that would want the best "all bells and whistles" how would they go about "earning" the upgrade? :confused:

A lot of hard work and trial and error Mack. No one is going to give this knowledge away. Just like tuning. How many tunes have been copied and stolen then resold or shared with a bunch of people across the country?

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
How does one go about "earning" it? Is that meant for the purchaser or builder?I understand the builder earning a great reputation and skill to know what he's doing but for a purchasers out look that would want the best "all bells and whistles" how would they go about "earning" the upgrade? :confused:

The info on what the best parts are is out there and that wasn't the question. Why would someone who has spent a lot of time money and effort to learn ways of making a better trans just give the info away :confused: it's earned by going through the same steps others have to obtain that information. Your post hurts my head it's so stupid you have the Obama way of thinking nothing earned just given.

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
A lot of hard work and trial and error Mack. No one is going to give this knowledge away. Just like tuning. How many tunes have been copied and stolen then resold or shared with a bunch of people across the country?

Mike, I agree with you but what I think Mack is saying is if you're paying a builder to do it why would you need to earn anything, besides the money to them:)

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Mike, I agree with you but what I think Mack is saying is if you're paying a builder to do it why would you need to earn anything, besides the money to them:)

Read the post I quoted when I said what I said. It had nothing to do with someone paying someone to build their transmission it was asking for "secrets"

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA

When you pay me to build your trans you get everything I have because you deserve it. I will tell you everything I used but I will not tell you how I did it.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Intructions?? You mean destructions:D

Try deciphering industrial injections install instructions from a dual fueled kit for an lly. :confused:

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com

There is a difference between "bells and whistles" and "trade secrets", building a high hp trans is a lot more than using the best parts. Someone that knows what they are doing can use old Alto Reds or other "lesser" parts and have them hold up to really high power, while someone that doesn't know what they are doing can put all the best parts in a trans and not have it hold up to much lower power. Someone that is purchasing a pre-built trans or having their trans built by someone that knows "the tricks" or "Trade Secrets" is going to get what they pay for and have those tricks or secrets in the build. Someone that is buying a kit is not going to get every secret revealed to them.

Back when my truck got above the level of a properly installed kit from anyone holding up I started coming up with more modifications (tricks and secrets), I would often call Mike and ask him if he had tried whatever I was thinking about trying to see if it was already proven to help, or would cause a different issue in the process. Mike would either tell me that he tried it and it didn't help or caused a problem; that he has been doing it on big builds for years but for me to keep it under wraps; or that he hasn't tried it, give me his thoughts, and for me to let him know if it works.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
So is the latest Suncoast GMAX a pretty tricked out unit? That's what I have in my lb7 and honestly I do believe it shifts better than my old stage 5 did. Esp the 3-4 upshift.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut

That's exactly want I meant ! I wouldn't expect anyone to post up or give away something that they have learned through trial and error time and money for nothing. I believe I stated just that.