4th of July Safety tips...

duramaxnate

Professional Amateur
Feb 18, 2014
Norco, CA
www.mcfooracing.com
Some tips to keep you safe this July 4th...:thumb:

_________

Most serious injuries happen on July 4th, so set off your explosives on the day before or the day after.

If a firework fails to ignite, there may be something wrong with it. To figure out the problem, examine the firework up close and watch carefully while you try reigniting it.

Anyone about to set off a “black snake” should prepare for a major disappointment.

Remember that fireworks can’t hurt you when you’re drunk. Nothing can.

The most effective treatment for burns is to go around showing people the burn and saying, “Look, I burned myself. F**kin’ hurts.”

Glow sticks are great alternatives to sparklers for children whose parents are no f***ing fun.

It’s safest to be as far as possible from the site of ignition. Instead of lighting the firework directly, set it off via a trail of gunpowder that’s at least 500 feet long.

When buying fireworks, remember: The bigger the firework, the higher it will fly, and the less likely it will be to hurt you.

Children should only use fireworks under the strict supervision of an adult or a slightly older cousin.

Taylor-34

Jan 13, 2014
Cali..
Ha..

Funny side note about 4 years ago on the 4th of July my cousins husband blew off 3 of his fingers lighting a firework in his hand.. :thumb:

Balindir

Rod shortning in progress
Jul 30, 2012
South Central, Pa
Ha..

Funny side note about 4 years ago on the 4th of July my cousins husband blew off 3 of his fingers lighting a firework in his hand.. :thumb:

I never quite understood the "let me light this in my hand and then throw it" thing. I mean I know there is a fuse, but the fact of the matter is it is still an explosive...

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Never play with M80's around a dog!

Years ago my B/L were shooting off M80s with a sling shot. He would stretch the sling shot with the M80 and I would lite the fuse and off it would go watch up in the air for explosion! Fun if you ever tried it!

Well in one attempt I lit the M80 he released the sling shot we watched seen nothing where did it go? Well t feel at our feet where the DOG was we ran he didn't! :D

No he didn't get hurt but he was some scared and I'm sure his ears were ringing!

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
But that is the problem today. Nobody does with a lot of things.

Sorry if I may sound harsh, but you're right, that's the problem, along with Warning labels. If you have no common sense and do something stupid, well..........

There really are too many stupid people out there that screw everything up for the rest of us.

Pure Diesel

Apr 22, 2008
Ventura County
Sorry if I may sound harsh, but you're right, that's the problem, along with Warning labels. If you have no common sense and do something stupid, well..........

There really are too many stupid people out there that screw everything up for the rest of us.

Don't be harsh at all.
But it sure is fun watching the stupid people do the stupid stuff on video. Just makes the rest of us get higher up in the gene pool.:D