4" exhaust.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
The coolant temp on the dash isn't as accurate as you would think. If you do a lot of towing look into a set of gauges like the CTS insite. Great tool to have for monitoring your engine vitals.

Apr 15, 2015
dallas
Thanks for all the help guys. Since the truck is cooling good know I'm not going to worry about it.

So from the comments and reading. Going to do the 4" and a small tune. I'll start a new thread latter in the year with mpg improvements if any. Towed 1500 miles getting 10.7 so I have a good base.

Also will look into the turbo upgrades thanks again

jevanb

Feb 28, 2011
montrose, michigan
Get rid of that mesh, and all TT are crappy on milage, 4in without DP gets you nothing but sound, Put In DP and expect 200 Egt drop. If I tow a ball trailer I see 10, hook up my 5er at 13k i see 12-13 all day

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

WanaDmaxsub

Junior Member W/gray hair
Feb 17, 2007
The biggest restriction in the stock exhaust system is the muffler. Replacing that will get you the biggest EGT drop.
Out of the 3-4 mufflers I have tried the Corsa 4" SS Muffler :thumb: has been the quietest(no drone). EGT drops (around 150) are about the same since they are almost all free flow type mufflers.

Apr 15, 2015
dallas
Get rid of that mesh, and all TT are crappy on milage, 4in without DP gets you nothing but sound, Put In DP and expect 200 Egt drop. If I tow a ball trailer I see 10, hook up my 5er at 13k i see 12-13 all day

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

DP means down pipes right? Off the turbo. Sorry still learning the lingo.

Apr 15, 2015
dallas
The biggest restriction in the stock exhaust system is the muffler. Replacing that will get you the biggest EGT drop.
Out of the 3-4 mufflers I have tried the Corsa 4" SS Muffler :thumb: has been the quietest(no drone). EGT drops (around 150) are about the same since they are almost all free flow type mufflers.

Ok thanks. I donly want to add any noise. Just help EGTs with the small tune