.338 lapua!

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Bought me one today. Still need to buy a scope for it and get it all dialed in. Can't wait to get it all set up. Scheels had a sale on them today.

Its a Savage 110BA. I'm going to assume the BA stands for BADASS!!

IMG_20130830_210334_056_zps1be6fc59.jpg

Mile_high

The Mad Hatter
Oct 31, 2009
Denver, Colorado
The lapmag is a mean round. The first time we took it out we snapped photos while firing and saw the wave rippling around the muzzle break out a few feet on each side.

Good score.:woott:

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
^^^thank you!

Gonna snag all the dies so I can reload it. Ammo is about $4.50 per round, I can reload it for about $2 a round. Deffinately not gonna be the "shoot all you want" gun:D

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Awesome buy! What scope you lookin at puttin on it? :woott:

Been looking at some vortex vipers but they are a pretty penny at about $650-900 for the .338, don't think I will be spending that much on one as I don't think I will be doing any 2500 yard shooting.

Got a buddy that works at a prison here and can get good deals on scopes and stuff so I'm gonna wait and see what he can get but I'm most likely gonna be spending roughly in the $400 range. Should be able to find exactly what I need in that price range.

dirtymaxer

Weekender
Feb 20, 2011
fargo,ND
Ya i've looked at them before. Awesome looking scope but unless you plan on making some long shots it probably wouldn't pay off. You can still get a very good scope for around $400 tho. Good Luck cant wait to see the final setup you go with! :thumb:

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Ya i've looked at them before. Awesome looking scope but unless you plan on making some long shots it probably wouldn't pay off. You can still get a very good scope for around $400 tho. Good Luck cant wait to see the final setup you go with! :thumb:

Thanks and me too!!

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
Don't cheap out, buy Lapua brass for reloading. It'll last way more reloads! If you're interested I can send you the info we use to reload ours, it's a pretty sweet round.

elliottw

Jan 23, 2013
ND
Dude I highly recommend a viper! I got the 2.5-10 viper pst. The clarity, illumination, and ffp in a scope for less than a grand is a screaming deal. And their warranty kicks ass! Super happy with it and plan to get another viper for my .308 this fall. I paid 799 from swfa if I remember right.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Dude I highly recommend a viper! I got the 2.5-10 viper pst. The clarity, illumination, and ffp in a scope for less than a grand is a screaming deal. And their warranty kicks ass! Super happy with it and plan to get another viper for my .308 this fall. I paid 799 from swfa if I remember right.

I will deffinately look into it. The salesman at scheels was telling me all about the viper and basically the only thing he recommended. Said the warranty was no questions asked for a lifetime!

elliottw

Jan 23, 2013
ND
Yea man with that rifle the parallax adj. and zero stop would be your best friend too! If I had that gun I'd get the 4-16 PST.

jrkrace

May 4, 2008
Connecticut
I've got Vortex, Leopold, and Nikon for scopes and just put a Nikon Bushmaster on my buddy's same gun with great results. He liked it after he saw it on my .308. I think it's even nicer than the Leopold on my .300 WM. With that being said, the Vortex Viper PST is sweet and is going on an AR that I just finished building.

That Savage is a sweet rifle and the recoil is no where near as bad as my .300WM. Just don't stand on either side when you rip loose....

SgtKilroy

'Merica!
Sep 30, 2009
SoCal
You could always get on the lathe and pump out some S.L.A.P. ammo. ;) Just need a way to mold plastic around the projectile for the sabot.

duramax3388

May 22, 2008
Zanesville Ohio
Nice buy. I have a .300wm been thinking hard about going to a .338 edge just not sure I have enough room to shoot it LOL. Osubeaver Sako's are outstanding and that is a killer group for 1k