LB7: 30% over injectors.

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
Sep 25, 2010
Hagerstown MD
I'm going to be needing injectors soon and i'm trying to decide if 30% over injectors are worth it or should i just put stock ones in? I dynoed 519/9?? and i hear that's getting into the danger zone for lb7's and i have no desire to build the engine....

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
They are a pretty good option for some extra ponies. There will be a noticeably difference between those and stock. Exergy usually have them on special pricing so they would be somewhat affordable when compared to stock.

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Well its 3:55 AM and I just got in bed, 6:30 is going to come way too soon! On the bright side my injectors are in and it runs!

Haha, been there WAY to many times before.

Glad to hear you got them in. Hopefully everything went fairly smooth and it's running good.

Let us know if it made a difference but yet your mileage didn't tank.

Yellowchevy

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
Sep 25, 2010
Hagerstown MD
Haha, been there WAY to many times before.

Glad to hear you got them in. Hopefully everything went fairly smooth and it's running good.

Let us know if it made a difference but yet your mileage didn't tank.

Yellowchevy

I haven't put any miles on it, hopefully at lunch time I can put coolant in and change the oil and run it. It didn't go so smooth, 2 injector cups pulled out and I managed to drop the bore brush into the cylinder 0_o. This is the brush
esejyqe4.jpg

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
Sep 25, 2010
Hagerstown MD
Alright I put a few miles on it now! It definitely runs a lot better than it did with worn out stockers, I cant wait for my new tunes to get here now! Last night was just a fail between 2 cups pulling out and dropping the brush into the cylinder but at least my truck wasn't even down a day, pulled it in after work and backed it out at 3:30! The best part is the ticking noise that's been driving me nuts is gone, it was caused by the passenger side injectors not being tight enough and the coppers not sealing. The worst one was blowing combustion up past the body and had ruined the o ring, apparently 37 ft lbs isn't enough....

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
Alright I put a few miles on it now! It definitely runs a lot better than it did with worn out stockers, I cant wait for my new tunes to get here now! Last night was just a fail between 2 cups pulling out and dropping the brush into the cylinder but at least my truck wasn't even down a day, pulled it in after work and backed it out at 3:30! The best part is the ticking noise that's been driving me nuts is gone, it was caused by the passenger side injectors not being tight enough and the coppers not sealing. The worst one was blowing combustion up past the body and had ruined the o ring, apparently 37 ft lbs isn't enough....

Told ya man.

Are you going to Antrim saturday to dyno the new setup?

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
Well it was a tough decision because you were staying stock on engine. Plus you fellas were busy with kenny's.

We are bringing the white twinned dodge, so we will see you there bud.

Glad to hear you got it done and I guarantee:thumb: you got a better nights sleep at 4 am than you woulda at 9pm with truck tore apart!!

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
Sep 25, 2010
Hagerstown MD
Well it was a tough decision because you were staying stock on engine. Plus you fellas were busy with kenny's.

We are bringing the white twinned dodge, so we will see you there bud.

Glad to hear you got it done and I guarantee:thumb: you got a better nights sleep at 4 am than you woulda at 9pm with truck tore apart!!

Right, I'm very happy I didn't put stock ones back in that's for sure. Awesome, cant wait to see what that truck dynos!