2017 Duramax

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
I hope not. The denso fuel systems on the newer John Deere stuff is a joke.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
What's wrong with it? Not sure if they run it on there construction equipment, but our Deere's are problem free.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
It would be badass if they used those new Denso i-ART injectors...

Its not going to be the same as your tractors, come on. I dont know how old your tractors are, but even if that Deere system just came out, that means its like mid-late 2000's technology/generation stuff...IE, 5+ years behind what the new Duramax would have. Its not like GM is going to use 10 year old fuel injection technology.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
What's wrong with it? Not sure if they run it on there construction equipment, but our Deere's are problem free.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
The lines are junk for one. They constantly leak, and once they leak or have have been removed they are almost impossible to get to seal.

The injectors wear out prematurely. Especially in the small cube engines.

I'm sure the new Denso stuff has some amazing technology if Ben says so.

Unfortunately technology tends to not always be as reliable.

I've seen the new tractors sit waiting on diagnosis or parts while the older P-pumped engines actually get the work done.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

prostreeter600

Street rodder
Jul 18, 2010
Dallas Tx
X 2 on the drooling for a new truck . Almost pulled the triigger back in December but decided to wait anticipating the 17 changes. We shall see.

iceman5

Jan 19, 2016
Lititz, PA
I couldn't wait for the 17s. Just decided to go with a 16 to replace my PSD. I have looked high and low and couldn't see any leaked photos of the GM changes. I saw the release of the new Fords and ... well ... the design engineers should be fired!

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
I kinda like the new fords. I hate what chevy did to the 16 frontend though. .. I'll keep my older duramax, but when I buy new trucks I'm going to buy ford. I've had awesome luck with my 2011 6.7.

04BlackSmoker

Apr 8, 2009
Pretty sure I seen 3 of them testing on I-80 in NE about 2 months ago. Front clip had covers over them... Cab and rear looked the same from what I could tell, but you could tell that they did have ram air hood.... :D

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
It would be badass if they used those new Denso i-ART injectors...

Its not going to be the same as your tractors, come on. I dont know how old your tractors are, but even if that Deere system just came out, that means its like mid-late 2000's technology/generation stuff...IE, 5+ years behind what the new Duramax would have. Its not like GM is going to use 10 year old fuel injection technology.

You heard anything about front suspension Ben? If its still torsion bar im gonna pass on this one...

Like you said above, torsion bars are way older than 10 year old technology. I hate them, I'm ready for some air ride or coil overs.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Me too^ I ready for a solid front end that can handle a little power AT a decent ride height!

The Ram is very appealing, but it'd be like starting all over for me! I'm too old to learn new shit:rofl:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
You heard anything about front suspension Ben?

Highly doubt its going to change, like 99.99999%.

I mean they chassis was just refreshed for 2011, its probably not going to be updated until the next body style in 2020 or whatever.

FWIW, I have zero complaints about the chassis in my LML. Maybe I had just been driving my old LLY jalopy for too long, but I think my LML rides and handles awesome.

If it works, dont fix it...enough people already complain about the price, imagine what an all new chassis only 5 years after they just redesigned it would bump the MSRP up to.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
And I still don't know why so many people are obsessed with a solid front axle? I bought my GMC because it has IFS. I like the smooth ride and better handling, and my wife likes a truck that sits lower to the ground because she is vertically challenged(midget). I've driven plenty of SFA trucks, just don't see the appeal, and the IFS in all honesty holds up pretty dang good for 99% of the people out there with them.

iceman5

Jan 19, 2016
Lititz, PA
And I still don't know why so many people are obsessed with a solid front axle? I bought my GMC because it has IFS. I like the smooth ride and better handling,

This was part of what sold me on the GMC as well. I can see where a SFA would be desired for snow plowing or similar applications, but for a weekend warrior/tow vehicle, I'm looking forward to the better handling of IFS.