2017 Duramax

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I'm waiting on the '17.

Yep...

I did drive a 16 1/2 ton the other day, not much has changed but the front clip and the tail lights. I hope GM makes more changes than that, I really wasn't a fan of the tail lights to be honest. I think they are being marketed to the ricer generation...

iceman5

Jan 19, 2016
Lititz, PA
I was debating on waiting for a 17. Coming from a Ford, I was waiting for the photos of the 17s to make a decision. I absolutely hate the new design. So 16 Ford it was until I went to look at a Denali. No waiting for me ...except for the 12 weeks delivery on my order.

I'm not a fan of buying first year releases on vehicles. They are just too complicated today and too many engineering teams are involved for all of the details to be covered.

RichLMM

Sep 5, 2010
North Kingstown RI
I was debating on waiting for a 17. Coming from a Ford, I was waiting for the photos of the 17s to make a decision. I absolutely hate the new design. So 16 Ford it was until I went to look at a Denali. No waiting for me ...except for the 12 weeks delivery on my order.

I'm not a fan of buying first year releases on vehicles. They are just too complicated today and too many engineering teams are involved for all of the details to be covered.

they told me 12 weeks for my 15 truck was built and on the lot in 5 and a half weeks

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Yep...

I did drive a 16 1/2 ton the other day, not much has changed but the front clip and the tail lights. I hope GM makes more changes than that, I really wasn't a fan of the tail lights to be honest. I think they are being marketed to the ricer generation...

infotainment system was updated with new hardware/more features/faster processing...and also wireless charging.

Even base model crank window work trucks now have HID headlights on 2016+ which is cool. Remember when HID's were only on $100k+ Mercedes's??

Mid-level and top level trim trucks have 100% LED lighting everywhere in the truck, headlights, fogs, interior, tail lights, etc. Actually, the reverse lights might still be incandescent, Ill have to check.

iceman5

Jan 19, 2016
Lititz, PA
they told me 12 weeks for my 15 truck was built and on the lot in 5 and a half weeks

It might get here sooner. I'm just not getting my hopes up. Realistically I don't really want the truck until spring. I would hate to have the new toy out in all the salt right after buying it!

testdrive

May 28, 2013
Mine is nearing 14 years, but it doesn't know and it doesn't act old. Doesn't need a DPF regeneration or a gallon of DEF ever. Gave it a new driver seat foam cushion and a cover a few months ago and threw in a set of injectors just for the heck of it. Over 210K miles and still makes me smile everytime I hook it up. We hook it up about 9 months a year. In my little world it is the ultimate tow rig, leveling down the mountains so effortlessly.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
I priced one out, all loaded up

$72k and change

No thanks
Baggage and all, my truck still looks alot better than that payment, for a truck...sure, a badass truck, but a TRUCK!???!

I'm outta touch with reality
Or reality is outta touch with reality...

Things definitely seem, out of balance

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
72? We bought a High country for 59.. It was a 15 tho. That's crazy high.

Also picked up a 15 LTZ 4x4 dually for 53,500 out the door. It's funny how the duallys are the same price as the 2500s. All work purchases. Not me personally.

RitzBlitz

May 20, 2010
Ritzville, Wa

$72k and change

No thanks
Baggage and all, my truck still looks alot better than that payment, for a truck...sure, a badass truck, but a TRUCK!???!

You're looking on the wrong side of the state. Got quoted 52,500 for a CCSB LTZ that I looked at.

aklbz

Jan 8, 2015
50,000...60,000,...70,000. It's INSANE! Who wants a truck payment that's more then half of their house mortgage. You can count me out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach

$72k and change

No thanks

I got my 15 for 60k out the door, tax, title and tags. That's insane pricing, buy it elsewhere and ship it in...

Or... You can buy my 15 when the 17 is released...:)

SteveLBZ06

Jan 6, 2013
Central MA
The way I see it the prices really aren't that bad. We have a 15.5 ltz dually at work we got for 54. Compare that to an escalade. As far as I'm concerned the truck is pretty close to as nice inside and a hell of a lot more capable for almost half the price. That is disregarding inflation and what they cost 10 years ago of course

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!

Kamilmk

Aug 13, 2015
Seymour, CT
Those numbers aren't terrible. I expected less, to be honest. Will see when they actually roll them out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk