2011 F150 3.5L EcoBoost with high miles

joshd472

Oct 10, 2016
No offense taken James lol but the eco is really a nice truck. Just packing the power and economy my lb7 got. I don’t really regret getting rid of that truck and the cab space is great. Just don’t like getting 18mpg in the highway and 15 City and 13 towing a four wheeler. The lack of power compared to my duramax would be different if it got the same mileage. But doesn’t. And I miss the punch of the Diesel. My dad likes the ford and the only reason I considered the dodge was because it’d help him out. Don’t get me wrong I like the ford it’s just not my thing. I tried the gasser life. I do not like the gasser life. I guess I’ll be keeping my eye open for an LLY-lmm gmc ccsb.

Your LB7 must of got some good mileage. That's about the MPG I'm getting out of my LLY and diesels is about 50 cents more a gallon around here.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
My lb7 would average around 18. 16 or 17 city and sometimes over 20 highways and had 500 horses whenever I wanted. Plus. Its so different. I’m so used to the power curve of a diesel.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
My lb7 would average around 18. 16 or 17 city and sometimes over 20 highways and had 500 horses whenever I wanted. Plus. Its so different. I’m so used to the power curve of a diesel.
The power curve of my gasser work truck took me 2 years to get use to over my diesel. I still don't care for it, but it's way cheaper to drive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

joshd472

Oct 10, 2016
If I could get the loan covered for your truck... in a heartbeat I would. But I know I could never get enough.

Just sold my LLY with 266K today. Guy was able to finance 10,500 on it. Honestly tho if your budget is only 10k and you have to finance that a diesel is not the best vehicle to be driving.

joshd472

Oct 10, 2016
http://www.raychevrolet.com/en/Used/Fox-Lake-IL/2005/Chevrolet/Silverado-2500HD/Work-Truck/27816

What do you guys think about this truck? I love the exterior looks. Only thing better would be if it was white and instead of the cap it had a bed cover. Wish it was an 06-07 with leather... how would it compare towing my 30ft snowmobile trailer compared to my ecoboost? Also vs daily driving?

Nice truck. Would tow the trailer well. Daily driving it won't be near as comfortable as the eco boost.

joshd472

Oct 10, 2016
http://www.raychevrolet.com/en/Used/Fox-Lake-IL/2005/Chevrolet/Silverado-2500HD/Work-Truck/27816

What do you guys think about this truck? I love the exterior looks. Only thing better would be if it was white and instead of the cap it had a bed cover. Wish it was an 06-07 with leather... how would it compare towing my 30ft snowmobile trailer compared to my ecoboost? Also vs daily driving?

Also I can't tell if that is a lift or leveled. I'm not much on lifted trucks, I know leveling one is worse for it but I can ditch a leveling kit a lot easier than a lift. I can tell you I looked to see if it was near me so I could go look at it :roflmao:

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Just sold my LLY with 266K today. Guy was able to finance 10,500 on it. Honestly tho if your budget is only 10k and you have to finance that a diesel is not the best vehicle to be driving.

I meant that what I owe on the ford wouldn’t be able to split the difference

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC

Heck of a price for the miles in my opinion. Not sure why it says 6 speed. 05 is not. Tow better. And I honestly enjoyed my duramax better for driving. But that’s just me. Lol imma dumb kid

Tjmaxx

Jun 7, 2014
If I get some time Saturday I’ll go take a look at it. I had a 2005 silverado 1500 and it was an awesome truck. I wish this one had steering wheel controls and I’m not fond of the radio but who knows maybe it will be super clean. Tires look good and I like the rims. How much would the cap be worth if I tried to sell it? I drive about 25k miles a year so I’d like to get decent mpg, do you think 18mpg is doable?

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
If I get some time Saturday I’ll go take a look at it. I had a 2005 silverado 1500 and it was an awesome truck. I wish this one had steering wheel controls and I’m not fond of the radio but who knows maybe it will be super clean. Tires look good and I like the rims. How much would the cap be worth if I tried to sell it? I drive about 25k miles a year so I’d like to get decent mpg, do you think 18mpg is doable?

Highway? Yes. With a lift and Big tires in the city? No. Drop it down. Street tires. And a good tune and you’ll get good mileage.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
So guys. Bittersweet news. My girl and I had a chat last night after a pretty stressful week and turns out we both felt like we needed to call everything off. Still friends tho. Just not ready to tie the knot. Wanna live a little more. So. Now that I don’t have a family to start or another person to look after, im gonna really start pursuing either buying my truck back or getting another. Don’t know what I want but hey. I got time.

Columbus450

Aug 24, 2017
Louisiana
Dang ,you know if it was meant to be it would've happened , I wasn't looking for a girlfriend or a wife when I found mine we were together eight years until I decided to tie the knot
It was me ,I just wanted to make sure I knew her through and through and that she was the one for me ...

but during those eight years we absolutely hit rock bottom getting evicted from apartments trying to go to school with very little income and make it... very stressful times we were put through the ringer and no matter the good or the bad she still stuck with me ! So keep your head up the Lord will make a way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Dang ,you know if it was meant to be it would've happened , I wasn't looking for a girlfriend or a wife when I found mine we were together eight years until I decided to tie the knot
It was me ,I just wanted to make sure I knew her through and through and that she was the one for me ...

but during those eight years we absolutely hit rock bottom getting evicted from apartments trying to go to school with very little income and make it... very stressful times we were put through the ringer and no matter the good or the bad she still stuck with me ! So keep your head up the Lord will make a way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We left on a very good note. We are still close just not on a romantic level. Just glad she felt the same. It was honestly one of the easiest things I’ve done. Her too.

On a side note, my payoff is 20k. Anyone want a clean eco boost?