2009 LMM z71 4 door long wheel base

Project-truck

Dec 17, 2011
I am new to the diesel world. I have had a 2004 2500hd 6.0 for a few years and i wanted to upgrade. I reacently bought a 2009 LMM z71 4 door long wheel base and i would like to spruce it up a little. Lift, tires, and a hell of a lot of engine work. Can anyone put me in the right direction to making a beast on and off the road?

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
I am new to the diesel world. I have had a 2004 2500hd 6.0 for a few years and i wanted to upgrade. I reacently bought a 2009 LMM z71 4 door long wheel base and i would like to spruce it up a little. Lift, tires, and a hell of a lot of engine work. Can anyone put me in the right direction to making a beast on and off the road?

EFi, guages, build the trans, and delete the dpf. Lift can wear out suspension parts stay away from leveling kits. That's just for starters.

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
What is the dpf? And what would be needed to build up the trans? Thanks for your help man?

The dpf is the emission stuff on the stock exhaust of the 07.5 and newer trucks. It's very restrictive. As for the trans I would say take it to a experienced transmission shop. Depending on where your at. The stock transmission will only hold so much power before it slips and limps.

Project-truck

Dec 17, 2011
Im in southern Louisiana. This truck is going to be a daily driver so i would like it to be as legal as possible. The flanges is a good idea. How much hp do you think would be needed to have an extremely fast lifted truck, but maintain the reliability of a daily driver?

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
Im in southern Louisiana. This truck is going to be a daily driver so i would like it to be as legal as possible. The flanges is a good idea. How much hp do you think would be needed to have an extremely fast lifted truck, but maintain the reliability of a daily driver?

There alot of lifted trucks that are quick but your steering components will suffer and wear out faster. The vendors on this site have everything you will need and can help further.

whitelmmmax

Smaller than stock
Jul 26, 2011
lake charles, la
What part of southern Louisiana?

X2 I'm in lake Charles and have had two dmaxes in the past 4 years or so and have never had any trouble getting inspected. And if your anywhere close to the lc/sulphur area Calvin's custom transmissions is a top notch shop that builds amazing trannys. They have built trannys for Idaho rob's maxd out race truck. And if you need any help putting on mods hmu!:thumb:

Colt

Jul 23, 2010
You lifting it like 10 inches so it's about right? RCD or Cognito or Third Coast maybe down that way too for hi quality kit to lift out. Then 427 the mill from SoCal or aanother builder like Schied, Fleece... Then Tranny from like Fleece tuning from same or who you think can satisfy the power you want to get all the time. Going to cost some but will run and set up enough. Cost will be a hurt I think the more it goes can't tell what else you want but it'll go on top of the cost still have fun that's a show truck type runner.

Project-truck

Dec 17, 2011
Im in Prairieville. South of Baton Rouge. Id like to go around 8 to 10 inches but still move. Im not worried about cost, i just want to do it right...

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
You lifting it like 10 inches so it's about right? RCD or Cognito or Third Coast maybe down that way too for hi quality kit to lift out. Then 427 the mill from SoCal or aanother builder like Schied, Fleece... Then Tranny from like Fleece tuning from same or who you think can satisfy the power you want to get all the time. Going to cost some but will run and set up enough. Cost will be a hurt I think the more it goes can't tell what else you want but it'll go on top of the cost still have fun that's a show truck type runner.
I don't mean to sound like an a-hole, but you should really work on your grammar skills. Your posts are painful to read.

whitelmmmax

Smaller than stock
Jul 26, 2011
lake charles, la
Not really. If that's the case do a tranny, lift pump and a good tune with 4.56 gears. Knew a guy who had an 05 lly with a 16 inch full throttle lift on 40 in toyos with a built tranny and the Kennedy diesel ECM and was consistent 14s

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I would like to try and pull around a 14 in the 1/4. That would be hauling for a truck with 40"+ tires i think.

i dont concider that "hauling!!" but then again, im on 37s and ran a 13 flat before bending rods. 12s to come

as for suspension/steering. only thing your gunna need to worry about is wheel bearing at this point if you do the damx store steering setup or run a straight centerlink from henry. Run a cognito lift, toughest one i know of that is that big. eitherway, the goal is to keep cv/steering angles close to flat so that may mean you running the lift at its lower setting. cognitos lift even cranked to 11" has flatter cv angles than other lifts that big which is nice.

Project-truck

Dec 17, 2011
I didnt know that it would be that easy to get that speed with a lift like that. Like i said im new to the diesel world. Haha. I cant wait to start building it. Im really excited about this. Thanks for yalls help.:woott: