2008 LMM Build is no longer a myth or rumor

ZR1160

TT Dmax Junkie
Jan 12, 2007
Eastern Canada
Is it hard on a supercharger to force feed it with a turbo charger? I looked up one of the larger Vortec Superchargers, a V-24Z retails $4500 make a max of 32psi of boost. But will it do it at the lower RPM diesels turn?

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Send it out well see what we can rig up for ya we have a couple core motors laying around.

First we have to do the "twins".

But IMO, the perfect street system would be:

Supercharger that runs at 1.5 P/R, then a GT45 on top. You will always have 7lb of boost whenever the engine is running, and the GT45 will always be "partially lit", and if gated at 35PSIG, very low EGT's and IAT temps. This will yield 60psig of "cool boost" that has very little lag.

Mika

Bastardo Finlandias
Oct 25, 2008
Finland

Supercharger that runs at 1.5 P/R, then a GT45 on top. You will always have 7lb of boost whenever the engine is running, and the GT45 will always be "partially lit", and if gated at 35PSIG, very low EGT's and IAT temps. This will yield 60psig of "cool boost" that has very little lag.

I am making now system that have Eaton 112, Holset pro52 and HX83.
It should have boost from idle, and top power will be huge, if all works as planned.

EDP

<<<< Miss The Ol Girl
Is it hard on a supercharger to force feed it with a turbo charger? I looked up one of the larger Vortec Superchargers, a V-24Z retails $4500 make a max of 32psi of boost. But will it do it at the lower RPM diesels turn?
To get to the red line on a blower is just a matter of sizing the pulley's to the RPM's we turn on these diesel's

We have a very similar setup on a 7.3 powerstroke right now. Very low EGT's with No lag. Soon to be on a dyno to see what shes made of

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
To get to the red line on a blower is just a matter of sizing the pulley's to the RPM's we turn on these diesel's

We have a very similar setup on a 7.3 powerstroke right now. Very low EGT's with No lag. Soon to be on a dyno to see what shes made of

Can you run a regular belt pully or do you need to run the cogged (teeth) belts?

EDP

<<<< Miss The Ol Girl
Can you run a regular belt pully or do you need to run the cogged (teeth) belts?

all current test have been done on a cogged belt.

we are going to do some more testing on a ribed style belt. For your high hp builds and competion setups I would suggest running the cog. For the guys looking for great streetablility I think the ribbed is going to work better to free up some of the room for accesories and cost factor.

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
Very sweet.

big money, big time, big labor, bigger brain to piece it all together so it fits together in the end.

Congrats and good luck.

EDP

<<<< Miss The Ol Girl
Slow process and many custom one of parts being made. For some reason nobody makes an install kit for the blower.:confused:

Blower manifold is in its final stage of mock up (waiting on custom intercooler)

Hope to have the motor assembley finished up by the end of January.